Dream Cancel Forum

News:

Join us in the Dream Cancel Discord Server! CLICK HERE!

Dream Cancel KOF2002 GGPO FT10 Series Results Thread

Started by desmond_kof, March 21, 2011, 08:55:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emil_kof

Quote from: thec0re3 on August 15, 2011, 07:59:21 PM
:( @ Icewater for having that annoying cross up as your avatar lol ggs man enjoyed it as well nice turn out. I've got to try and get some practice but at least my execution is getting a little bit better in matches managed to land a few combos happy about that. I also have to stop spamming DPs it annoying that you can't use them as much in this game. I was kind of curious about the dps in KOF. What constitutes a knock down on a wake up and why does it not do a knock down in some cases? More critiques would be appreciated also.

This is something I was abusing against you...I'm not sure why you kept doing it. Some dps (such as Kyo's) do 2 hits...the first hit is not a knockdown. The second hit is a knockdown but it can whiff against certain crouching opponents. Most characters can just crouch B Kyo on wakeup and your dp will whiff. Keep in mind that Kyo's dp+A does knockdown on all hits but it has no invincibility, so it might actually lost to something like Iori's crouch B. The solution is to stop using dps on wakeup.

omegaryuji

I was kind of curious about the dps in KOF. What constitutes a knock down on a wake up and why does it not do a knock down in some cases? More critiques would be appreciated also.
You mean like why does it not knock down when you hit with a dp?  Hoping so, because that's what the rest of this post is about *laughs* .

Basically, a lot of dps that are multihit (particularly the strong [ie. C or D] versions) only knock down on the last hit.  They tend to juggle into themselves fairly well on anti-air hit, but hitting against a grounded opponent (especially against low crouching characters like Iori or Leona) can lead to situations where only the first hit connects.  The solution is to either use the weak version (tends to be single hit, so always knocks down), find something better to reversal with (like how Kula's better anti-ground reversal is qcb+B), or just block.

Edit: Sniped by Emil *laughs* . 
Old man/bad player

IceWater

:( @ Icewater for having that annoying cross up as your avatar lol ggs man enjoyed it as well nice turn out. I've got to try and get some practice but at least my execution is getting a little bit better in matches managed to land a few combos happy about that. I also have to stop spamming DPs it annoying that you can't use them as much in this game. I was kind of curious about the dps in KOF. What constitutes a knock down on a wake up and why does it not do a knock down in some cases? More critiques would be appreciated also.

Love that crossup since its the only one I can do everytime. :) Like everybody else said its best just not to dp with someone like kyo. Do guard cancel rolls/cds if you get stuck in the corner or if you're under a lot of pressure, I've been doing pretty good playing like that.
Xbox Live: Austinm416
Games: SF3OE/KOFXIII

PhoeniX

GGs everybody. I think I played Ryudo as well, it was 5-1 for me.

You guys should stick around on #SNKPlaymore if you want to get more games in. Most people who join in the ft10 sessions are available daily for matches.

desmond_kof

We can do session 7 on the 28th of this month if people are interested.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

omegaryuji

Could it possibly be Sept 4th instead (or Aug 21st, but I'd imagine some of you would want more time between sessions)?  28th is the weekend of Summer Jam, and I'm providing transport for our local AH3 players (plus hopefully hooking up with jt4mtb for some SNK stuff), so it's the one sunday in the near future that doesn't work for me *laughs* .
Old man/bad player

thec0re3

I probably won't be able to make it for that one or the weekend of labor day either.

Feez

ggs to those I played against
they don't think it be like it is, but it do

desmond_kof

Okay, maybe I'll wait until next month for another session. Too bad I didn't get to play Feez, Emil and some others, I was busy and away offline quite a bit.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Feez

You are free to challenge me anytime Desmond, on IRC or whatever!
they don't think it be like it is, but it do