Dream Cancel Forum

News:

New to the forums? Introduce yourself HERE!

Chicago Area/ midwest Scene

Started by bzerk, May 30, 2011, 12:18:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

konkrete

Tbh I was thinking about finally going this year. I have to start saving now though...

n0thin89

Quote from: konkrete on January 04, 2012, 07:15:44 PM
Tbh I was thinking about finally going this year. I have to start saving now though...

Looks like a good time to go this year. Help me n Bzerk rep Chicago in KOF, man.
Mad Angels all day
Excuse me, do you know anything about the Mad Angels?
- Ryo Hazuki

bzerk

Hell ya im going to this years Evo, Im trying make it to final round in march as well.  Those are two majors I try to make  it out too every year

n0thin89

Anybody going to GGA tonight? I think imma be there sometime after 8pm.
Mad Angels all day
- Ryo Hazuki

bzerk

Hey  is anybody here going to frosty faustings tomorrow that I can hitch a ride from? I stay in rogers park  on ridge and lunt.  I wanna bring my setup but  I cant do it if I have to haul it by foot on the metra.    I got that gas$$$ if u need it

n0thin89

Quote from: bzerk on January 06, 2012, 06:28:28 PM
Hey  is anybody here going to frosty faustings tomorrow that I can hitch a ride from? I stay in rogers park  on ridge and lunt.  I wanna bring my setup but  I cant do it if I have to haul it by foot on the metra.    I got that gas$$$ if u need it

Appearantly Tyler is offering u a ride in SRK. Get at him and his super van of ultimate room and bring dat setup.

EDIT: Also, how many KOF setups are we looking at for FF tomorrow? Konkrete, Bzerk, and who else?
Mad Angels all day
- Ryo Hazuki

bzerk

Oh thats tyler? Lol I've rode with him before,
I though we was out of town or something. Anyways yeah we looking at about 3 setups I think

n0thin89

KOFXIII results from Frosty Faustings IV: 33 entrants
1. Sparkster
2. James
3. Hero
4. Bzerk
5. King of Bums

Results from my head.

Good job Chicago for reppin in KOFXIII. 4 players in top 5 aka the money.

Highlights of KOFXIII tournament:
- Konkrete's shocking lost after being labeled the favorite to win it all.
- Bzerk losing to James... Again.
- Epic Grand Finals on stream.
- Chicago making all of top 8 winners side.
Mad Angels all day
- Ryo Hazuki

bzerk

Quote from: n0thin89 on January 08, 2012, 09:09:57 PM
KOFXIII results from Frosty Faustings IV: 33 entrants
1. Sparkster
2. James
3. Hero
4. Bzerk
5. King of Bums

Results from my head.

Good job Chicago for reppin in KOFXIII. 4 players in top 5 aka the money.

Highlights of KOFXIII tournament:
- Konkrete's shocking lost after being labeled the favorite to win it all.
- Bzerk losing to James... Again.
- Epic Grand Finals on stream.
- Chicago making all of top 8 winners side.

WHAT HAPPENED JAMES?  Omg I thought u had that, what went wrong?

shoutout the winners side top 8 all chicago   players, We are in There!  Sucks though st louis took top spot, that was suppose to be one on us....

Shocked konkrete didnt have a good showing
Amazed that james didnt win
Even more amazed that I have yet to beat james in tourny play
good shit to desmond, sparkster and the rest of the out-of-towners that came for KoF XIII

konkrete

I am very, very unhappy with my performance. I was straight up not getting qcf to the right with my stick. I hope it was just me being really off and not my stick malfunctioning. Oh well. See you guys in a bit. Must practice for ignite...

Also, when I get completely moved, I'd like to start doing gatherings if people would be down. Maybe Saturdays?

n0thin89

He played King, EX Iori, and Shen. Da PS3 we used had EX Iori.
Mad Angels all day
- Ryo Hazuki

bzerk

Quote from: n0thin89 on January 08, 2012, 10:33:57 PM
He played King, EX Iori, and Shen. Da PS3 we used had EX Iori.

Yeah but u sent him to losers  anyway.....  Did he catch on to your andy elbow shenaigans?

n0thin89

QuoteYeah but u sent him to losers  anyway.....  Did he catch on to your andy elbow shenaigans?

I guess so... Either that or it's mainly because he had King on point. First time I've ever played against a legit King.
The Andy vs King matchup felt a bit annoying to me. Then his EX Iori was a problem. I felt like I had to beat his EX Iori with my Andy still alive to take da match. As usual it was hard for him to punish his elbow. I think Medina gots the archives up for grand finals on twitch tv.
Mad Angels all day
- Ryo Hazuki

desmond_kof

Hey guys, I had lots of fun in Chicago, and it was fun meeting nothing89, Bzerk, and the other locals. My gameplay was a little on the experimental tip (trying out characters and teams to see who I am comfortable with), so I will take what I learned and train more. Again, good meeting meeting you fellas. If there is a results thread here on the forums, I will post more shoutouts.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

n0thin89

@Desmond - it was nice meeting u n the rest of the out-of-towners. Sucks we couldn't get any games in, but hopefully things will run a lot smoother in next year's FF so we could do an epic 5v5 showcase/exhibition on stream.

@Konkrete - I'm down for some Saturday gatherings. I've also heard Nickel city wants the Chi-town FGC to do some gatherings on Saturdays. Would be nice to have another gathering that is close to me or less than 20 minutes of driving/drifting for me.
Mad Angels all day
- Ryo Hazuki