Dream Cancel Forum

News:

New to the forums? Introduce yourself HERE!

What old school FPS do you love and/or have been playing?

Started by LouisCipher, June 15, 2011, 02:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZeWickedOreo

Quote from: Delta on August 04, 2011, 06:01:16 AM
I started playing Half-Life (the first one) some time ago, didn't get too far , but the game is not bad.
I want to see why this game is so acclaimed, so i hope it gets better.
Were you able to finish it?! I was only able to go to the intro... I can't friggin get past there.... I was a kid then nuff said...
BUCK UP, BRUH! :>

iamGab

Delta

Quote from: ZeWickedOreo on August 04, 2011, 06:35:49 AM
I started playing Half-Life (the first one) some time ago, didn't get too far , but the game is not bad.
Were you able to finish it?! I was only able to go to the intro... I can't friggin get past there.... I was a kid then nuff said...
Not yet, i got it on on hiatus or on "the waiting list" . I only played a couple of hours, if i remember correctly the last thing i did was getting the shotgun, so i guess i have a lot to do.

ZeWickedOreo

hahahaha still cool! :))) There's a new fps game now with new graphics, I saw it on star world... but I forgot the name!!! imma post it here when I remember :D
BUCK UP, BRUH! :>

iamGab

LouisCipher

It's acclaimed because it was the first of it's kind. Or at least one of the first. In-game cut scenes, a fairly in depth story line, big scripted Hollywood style action set pieces and etc. Every FPS since then has taken it's que from this game in more ways than one. I'm not surprised that you're underwhelmed if you played any modern shooters, a lot of the innovations of Half-Life seem quaint now.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

sibarraz

Cod 2, aka the only cod who I give a crap

I can't play too many FPS I always felt a little dizzy when I play them, the same happened to me with the 3DS and mirror's edge lol

Waifu Material

LouisCipher

Mirrors Edge was the first and only game to make me severely motion sick. And I've been playing FPS since I was about 8.

JoeJustice

Did anyone ever read the Quake manual's little spiel about motion sickness? Funny thing is the solutions they list kinda work.

sibarraz

Waifu Material

JoeJustice

I love the explanation, let me quote it for you:

(It's in the Q and A section)
'
QuoteQ: How do I prevent motion sickness when watching Quake?

A: If you're one of the unlucky sufferers from motion sickness in Quake, we're sorry to say the answer seems to differ from person to person. Try sitting closer to the screen, or further away. Dim the lights in your room, or turn them on high. Adjust screen brightness up or down. Take a break from Quake and rest your eyes every hour or so. One or more of these tricks, in combination, ought to work."quoted from the Quake Manual

What worked for me was turning the game's brightness up and dimming the lights in my room.

jinxhand

I've been playing UT99 since way back in the day, and Quake III. As of now I've been playing Quake since its out on XBLA, but not too many people stay on it for me to battle. I also hit up classic Duke Nukem and Perfect Dark.

Speaking of which, who here plays Quake on XBL???
I'm on FightCade!!!
www.soundcloud.com/jinxhand
www.youtube.com/jinxhand

Xxenace

new trailer for CS:GO is out

Counter-Strike Global Offensive - First Gameplay-Trailer

ps3 will have cross gameplay with the pc (and for those of you who have never played a CS game before trust me your gonna get you shit kicked in especially on a console)

and i believe xbox wont have cross gameplay with either

LouisCipher

Cross-Platform Play? That is going to end badly. People playing an FPS on a controller are automatically at a huge disadvantage compared to Mouse/Keyboard. There's just a huge leap in skill level. If Sony offered players the option of using a USB plug in Keyboard/Mouse it would be a different story.

Xxenace

LouisCipher

Quote from: Delta on August 27, 2011, 05:31:12 AM
PS3 users can use a Keyboard/Mouse option, also they can use the PS Move.
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/26/counter-strike-global-offensive-to-have-cross-play-for-ps3-pc/

Well I stand corrected. I didn't hear many good things about the Move in relation to FPS though.