Dream Cancel Forum

News:

Join us in the Dream Cancel Discord Server! CLICK HERE!

The real Reason that E-sports can't go Mainstream anytime soon

Started by sibarraz, June 27, 2011, 08:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sibarraz

Waifu Material

Xxenace

good read and this also reenforces my reasons why i don't like competitive gamers

jt4mtb

I read this when it was posted on SRK. It's certainly an interesting topic, and something the general FG community could improve upon. From watching streams and looking at the ongoing chats during them, I see so many silly comments and elitist attitudes. I usually end up more often than not turning off chat because of it.

What also doesn't help are the people who straight up troll with false statements; most common one I've been seeing recently is 'Oni is banned' on SSFIV AE when he actually isn't. I know the first time I saw that I was thinking WTF? I actually had to look around myself to verify that as BS. However, anyone who doesn't play or follow Street Fighter may take what people say as truth, and continue spreading that false info to others.
--JT

KBlackNoah

This guy got bullied by some scrubs on forums (check srk) and crying like a pussy.The streams..and especially the sf4 scene made so much propaganda and induced to every scrub playing ryu on psn or xbox that he is "pro" .. the kind of pro the author is speaking.Real players don t post shit on forums and do not give too much or any advice.Real players play and shut up.
Every sport has it's bullshits , fighting game forums didn't invent trolling.The reason why it's not a competitive sport is that for now nobody cares about it that much so it can produce money.
In no competitive sport on this earth pro players post on forums! - FACT

sibarraz

The problem is that some fg fans are the most obnoxious ones that I had ever seen, they seem to be the as big jerks as those ''mma supremacists'' who always talk about who this is a real sport, and that the scrubs (I hate this word) couldn't appreciate the technical aspect of a game even if they had it in front of them, the worst is that those look pathetic from the point of view of more casual fans. And even worse, they are not that good either, those could never be a top player both on FG and and in a MMA ring. Top Players are very kind actually

For me hardcore fans of fighting games could be as stupid as those MMA, except that instead of wearing tapout shirts they buy whatever stick is released at the time, even though you can say the same of any kind of fandom, but for me, those 2 are horrible

Waifu Material

Homies Over Shotos

Quote from: sibarraz on June 28, 2011, 01:00:23 AM
The problem is that some fg fans are the most obnoxious ones that I had ever seen, they seem to be the as big jerks as those ''mma supremacists'' who always talk about who this is a real sport, and that the scrubs (I hate this word) couldn't appreciate the technical aspect of a game even if they had it in front of them, the worst is that those look pathetic from the point of view of more casual fans. And even worse, they are not that good either, those could never be a top player both on FG and and in a MMA ring. Top Players are very kind actually

For me hardcore fans of fighting games could be as stupid as those MMA, except that instead of wearing tapout shirts they buy whatever stick is released at the time, even though you can say the same of any kind of fandom, but for me, those 2 are horrible

I dunno.  I'm a fan and I say FUCK the Japanese stick.  I'm rocking against the grain with my MURICAN HAPP STICK.  AMERICA.  FUCK YEAH.

omegaryuji

Quote from: KBlackNoah on June 27, 2011, 10:51:22 PM
Real players don t post shit on forums and do not give too much or any advice.Real players play and shut up.
Depends on the forum, really.  Maybe you don't see many top players posting helpful stuff on SRK or Team Liquid, but some of the best english-speaking BB and GG players regularly post new information and provide help on Dustloop, likewise with AH3 on Homing Cancel, and I'd say that the wiki and character information threads on this site have tons of good info posted by some damn good players as well.
In no competitive sport on this earth pro players post on forums! - FACT
Well, why post on forums when you can hold press conferences or give interviews from your lawn instead?  You don't even get bothered with seeing responses that way.

Quote from: sibarraz on June 28, 2011, 01:00:23 AM
Completely agree.  Most of the poison comes from egotistic and immature "fans" who just want to show off and troll.  Online and in person, the top players who I've met tend to actually be the most helpful and interested in improving the level of play of others in order to better themselves.  However, that might be partly because the games that I like don't have the huge player bases of SSF4 or MvC3, so every new player with a drive to improve is appreciated.
Old man/bad player

KBlackNoah

QuoteDepends on the forum, really.  Maybe you don't see many top players posting helpful stuff on SRK or Team Liquid, but some of the best english-speaking BB and GG players regularly post new information and provide help on Dustloop, likewise with AH3 on Homing Cancel, and I'd say that the wiki and character information threads on this site have tons of good info posted by some damn good players as well.

A competitive player keeps his secrets for himself and tries to get by surprise everybody.GG and BB players from us post on forums in hope that they can attract more people to the game.In real competitive medium you beat your opponent..not teach him how to beat you.

QuoteIn no competitive sport on this earth pro players post on forums! - FACT
Well, why post on forums when you can hold press conferences or give interviews from your lawn instead?  You don't even get bothered with seeing responses that way.

That is totally different than argueing or shit on some forums.

Still i think that guy who wrote that is a pussy and got trolled.For fucks sake football (or soccer how some say it) hooligans beat the shit out of each other and people still enjoy and like the sport because they don't matter...

Another reason why fighting games aren't going to get on e sport train soon because most of the m got X factored =))

omegaryuji

Quote from: KBlackNoah on June 29, 2011, 05:28:27 PM
A competitive player keeps his secrets for himself and tries to get by surprise everybody.GG and BB players from us post on forums in hope that they can attract more people to the game.In real competitive medium you beat your opponent..not teach him how to beat you.
Oh, yeah, obviously they aren't going to help you out during a tournament or something *laughs* .  I meant in casuals or on forums, most of the strong players I've come across have been more than willing to help weaker players learn things that are already out there and known in general (although some do go the extra mile, like Zidane posting up optimized Hazama combos beyond what was known from Japanese match vids).

As far as keeping things secret, that only works for so long.  A top player should be capable of winning even when the other player knows all of his options.  I mean, games like ST, KOF98, etc. have been around for long enough that everything about them is more or less figured out already, yet it's still the same cluster of players who end up in the later rounds of tournaments.

QuoteStill i think that guy who wrote that is a pussy and got trolled.For fucks sake football (or soccer how some say it) hooligans beat the shit out of each other and people still enjoy and like the sport because they don't matter...
Yeah, I'm not disagreeing that the author of that article needs to toughen up and stop making stupid generalizations (on both sides of the fence). 
Old man/bad player

Remzi

Competitive players will always try to help newer players learn. They don't keep secrets because they want novices to be able to compete at the same level.
Same level competition > Facing somebody who can barely touch you.

Either way, the less mainstream the game is, the more willing the community will be to assist you in the learning process.
MBAA: H-Aoko
MBAC: Hisui & Kohaku
LB2: S-Akari
NGBC: DIO & Kaede
KOFXIII: Yuri / King / DuoLon

LouisCipher

Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.