Author Topic: Buffering  (Read 9252 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Buffering
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2011, 12:57:55 PM »
What's the best way to get a df.C into any follow up?
Uh, 2C 3C and you can just do 6C for a projectile, or you can do 6236D, or maybe even ~8C depending on how long 2C was held.
Returning to neutral isn't that great unless depending on the motion.

There's a glitch (or something) that disables inputs while you hold a button down. If you're going to do something like 2C 6B and don't want to reset it to neutral, hold C until you move the stick to 6. Not sure how relevant it is to KOFXIII, as I've never actually touched it so far, but I'm fairly certain it wouldn't have been removed.

You speak of the "Sticky Method", I dunno if they still have it in XIII, I must test it out the next time I'm out in the arcade. 

For those who aren't familiar:  In '98 (and various other years), characters like Iori and Takuma who both have qcf+P motions (projectiles) had a hard time doing d.B, d.A, f+A, qcf~hcb+P DMs as the f+A would often caused them to do a projectile instead.

IIRC, the trick was to disable the buffering by holding down the B.  So d.B (hold B), d.A, qcf+A (does a f.A) (release B), hcb+P. 

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
  • Achieve the impossible~
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2011, 12:16:17 PM »

You speak of the "Sticky Method", I dunno if they still have it in XIII, I must test it out the next time I'm out in the arcade. 

For those who aren't familiar:  In '98 (and various other years), characters like Iori and Takuma who both have qcf+P motions (projectiles) had a hard time doing d.B, d.A, f+A, qcf~hcb+P DMs as the f+A would often caused them to do a projectile instead.

IIRC, the trick was to disable the buffering by holding down the B.  So d.B (hold B), d.A, qcf+A (does a f.A) (release B), hcb+P. 
What you said.

You can hold down any button for it to work though. It's mostly KOF-specific, though. You can't apply the same method to NGBC / LB2 / Other SNK games.
MBAA: H-Aoko
MBAC: Hisui & Kohaku
LB2: S-Akari
NGBC: DIO & Kaede
KOFXIII: Yuri / King / DuoLon

Ash Riot

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2011, 12:37:45 PM »

It works.  I actually had a problem doing a similar combo that O.Chris does: 2B 2A 6A Orochinagi

What would happen is going from 2A to 6A, I would always do the fireball instead.  Thanks for the tip, guys.  This is the first time I heard of this.