Author Topic: Rage of the Dragons  (Read 11567 times)

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
Rage of the Dragons
« on: July 04, 2011, 10:29:02 PM »
Without a doubt the hardest fighting game I've ever played. I sometimes have difficulty beating the first stage! Even my little brother, who is better than me, usually can't get a grade above an E!

Pepe is my favorite character. I use whoever for my second character.

Dark Geese

Re: Rage of the Dragons
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 07:45:46 PM »
I play this game too wish for sure SNK would've made a  Double Dragon Collection (Yes I play Double Dragon also) of it by now was praying for this, I'll play people now in it, I use Alice, Pepe, Billy, Jimmy, Lynn, the fat guy (Who is like the best character in the game), Cassandra, Sonia, PUPA (Momoko BEFORE MOMOKO), Mr. Jones (Homage to ENTER The Dragon Bruce Lee movie) and pretty much everyone.

Now in regards to a boss, Johann is a pain in the ass..

Alice fits my style perfectly as she's basically female Geese with a corner infinite, reflect, dp, good supers, etc. I had casuals recorded of it back a longgg time ago when Stage6 was up but now and days it's hard to find some of my matches in ROTD because they were taken down. So only way now I'd be able to play against someone in it is through the Modded XBOX, but yes I love this game!

I also used the ROTD characters in the Arcade version of Power Instinct Matrimelee 2.. (Yes I play that game too I use Angela I can link to videos of that lol).

Sorry marchefelix, but I play this too! lol

You can find GGPO casuals etc of this game I've seen matches of people playing on it esp on megamanzero's channel on youtube...but yeah if I brush up on this I'll gladly accept Money Matches with or WITHOUT Alice's infinite!

S Class:

Kang, Alice
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 07:54:17 PM by Dark Geese »

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 08:27:21 PM »
I never liked this game, the controls are ass and it tries to play like a bootleg KOF.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 11:06:01 PM »
I never liked this game, the controls are ass and it tries to play like a bootleg KOF.

Agreed on all counts (except the part about not liking this game)

Also, I figured you'd play this, DG.

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 12:14:45 AM »
Controls aren't that bad. Seeing this topic makes me wish I still had a JB PS3.

Dark Geese

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 12:31:23 AM »
Controls aren't that bad. Seeing this topic makes me wish I still had a JB PS3.

I know what that is and I think I got one!!! (hehehee)

Look forward to some ROTD Casuals probably in 2 weeks everyone lol!

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 03:57:07 AM »
As much as I like this game, let's remember that SNK did not make the game and that a former Mexican videogame developer by the name of Evoga made it. It just so happens that the SNK Neo Geo was their preferred format of distribution.

Now about the game, I liked it a lot but I absolutely hated the wire attacks in it. Not to mention the corner objects that made juggling very annoying. Still, was a very fun game and it's a sin that there never really was a console release of it.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 04:11:41 AM »
I played this way back... It felt like it was trying to be something else though... Iunno what...

Stage6!?!??! Man, I thought I was the only cat who used this thing... I missed that site :-(

I'd probably get back on the game, but the system just seemed to janky to me... I'll probably end up playing it for a bit again though...

jedpossum

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 04:28:42 AM »
I actually like this game more then Matrimlee. Anyone know a good partner for Jimmy (game play wise)?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 05:28:12 AM by jedpossum »

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 06:55:47 AM »
As much as I like this game, let's remember that SNK did not make the game and that a former Mexican videogame developer by the name of Evoga made it. It just so happens that the SNK Neo Geo was their preferred format of distribution.

Now about the game, I liked it a lot but I absolutely hated the wire attacks in it. Not to mention the corner objects that made juggling very annoying. Still, was a very fun game and it's a sin that there never really was a console release of it.

Actually, as far as I know

Evoga were the guys that made the designs of characters and gameplay
Noise Factory were the guys than programmed the game, sans why 4 characters appeared on matrimelee
Playmore published the game

I had matrimelee and rotd in my heart because those are games from a really dark era of the neo geo, the games are not memorable, but are very fun to play, johan takes the SNK syndrome to a whole new level, and I still wish than SNKP one day revives those characters for a future KOF since their designs will fit well with the game and will add more characters from the ''WTF are they here''

That being said, the stages must be one of the ugliest things that I had ever seen in my life

Waifu Material

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2011, 11:29:44 AM »
I took one look at Matrimelee and I said to myself:

"Ew."
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 11:53:00 AM by marchefelix »

Dark Geese

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2011, 01:39:57 PM »
I actually like this game more then Matrimlee. Anyone know a good partner for Jimmy (game play wise)?

Kang is a good partner with anyone..

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2011, 11:11:28 PM »
Yeah, Kang has to be the best. He is the one who gives me the most trouble in the 1P mode
(aside from the bosses... which I have never gotten to, but my brother has, so I know how
hard they are).

As for Alice being like Geese, I don't see how except that she has a Reppuken/Double Reppuken move

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2011, 11:51:24 PM »
I kinda liked Matrimelee more, just because I have a bit of an odd fascination with Power Instinct. Reiji Oyama is the man.

Only characters I liked in ROTD was Pepe, and Lynn. Especially Lynn. She's cute.

Also those Terry Bogard-Wannabe Brothers can piss off. :P

I'd rather play Double Dragon '95. Now that game is hilarious.

Abobo ftw.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 11:53:01 PM by Running Wild »

Dark Geese

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2011, 12:37:51 AM »
Yeah, Kang has to be the best. He is the one who gives me the most trouble in the 1P mode
(aside from the bosses... which I have never gotten to, but my brother has, so I know how
hard they are).

As for Alice being like Geese, I don't see how except that she has a Reppuken/Double Reppuken move

Repukken/Double Reppuken move with a super that can be used as an anti air ala Raging Storm..