Author Topic: Brand new  (Read 2464 times)

Raxphiel

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Brand new
« on: July 05, 2011, 05:44:04 AM »
Hi there!
I'm a fighting gamer from Va that's just recently finding interest in the KoF series. Every time I see a new vid about KoF XIII, I get pretty hype for the game - so I figure now's a good time to start learning what this game is like and start meeting some people to play with. Any suggestions for someone just getting into the series?

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
Re: Brand new
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 06:09:06 AM »
Welcome to DC. You should watch this to learn some of the basics of KOF if you haven't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU&feature=player_embedded

I suggest you playing some KOF98 or KOF2002 on GGPO while trying to get some local heads to play with offline too. :)
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
  • Achieve the impossible~
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 06:58:22 AM »
2002 / 2002UM are very good for picking KOF up.
MBAA: H-Aoko
MBAC: Hisui & Kohaku
LB2: S-Akari
NGBC: DIO & Kaede
KOFXIII: Yuri / King / DuoLon

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 07:22:52 AM »
Or read the wiki available on this site, they are very good.

And welcome to the family.

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 01:34:35 PM »
Welcome to DC :)

Like the others have said, the wiki and tutorial links on this site are good sources of information to start out, and have some fun playing any versions of 98 or 2002 (if you have some people to play with offline, XI is also pretty cool) until October  ;).
Old man/bad player

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 08:26:32 PM »
Welcome to the DC family and make sure you check out the wiki, if you have any further character specific questions go ahead and post them on the character forums and I'm sure you'll get the answer you are looking for.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Raxphiel

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 12:46:36 AM »
Wow, Let me just say I'm incredibly blown away by the amount of responses I've gotten - I expected only 1 -maybe 2 - at most  :)

Those intro videos were quite helpful - good fundamentals is always a great start. Thanks!

I think the best thing to do (besides research on the wiki) is to just pick up one of the games and start playing...just wasn't sure which game would be better to get into. Think I'll look into 2002.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 03:49:04 AM »
Wow, Let me just say I'm incredibly blown away by the amount of responses I've gotten - I expected only 1 -maybe 2 - at most  :)

Those intro videos were quite helpful - good fundamentals is always a great start. Thanks!

I think the best thing to do (besides research on the wiki) is to just pick up one of the games and start playing...just wasn't sure which game would be better to get into. Think I'll look into 2002.

You can expect a lot of love here at DC as we're absolutely passionate in growing the KOF community.