Author Topic: Billy Kane (Pre-release)  (Read 35587 times)

krazykone123

Billy Kane (Pre-release)
« on: July 07, 2011, 05:28:59 PM »

Notation
Notation
;a = Light Punch
;b = Light Kick
;c = Strong Punch
;d = Strong Kick

* = EX version possible

Throws

Zigokuotoshi = ;bk / ;fd + ;c/ ;d

Command List

Daikaitenkeri = ;fd + ;a

Boutakatobikeri = ;fd + ;b

Saouchi = ;bk + ;a

Special Attacks

Sansetukonyuudanuchi = ;hcf + ;a/ ;c
* = ;hcf + ;a ;c
- Drive/Super Cancel-able

>Kaen Sansetukonyuudanuchi = ;qcf + ;a/ ;c

Suzumeotoshi = ;qcb + ;a ;c
* = ;qcb + ;a ;c

Senpuukon = [P]

Kyousyuuhisyoukon = ;dp + ;b/ ;d
* = ;dp + ;b ;d

Desperation Moves

Choukaensenpuukon = ;qcf ;hcb + ;a/ ;c
* = ;qcf ;hcb + ;a ;c
- Max Cancel-able

NEO MAX

Daigurenrasenkon = ;qcf ;qcf + ;a ;c
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 07:05:16 PM by nilcam »

krazykone123

Re: Billy Kane
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 05:29:25 PM »
Console info added to the OP, let's go!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 04:33:57 PM by krazykone123 »

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 06:13:43 PM »
And here I am waiting for nilcam to do it instead. xD

For some reason, I was hoping he'd have Salamander Stream somewhere.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 09:47:09 PM »
I'm devasted; He doesn't have his trademark counters.   I wanted to have a team of counter character like Chin, Billy, B.Mary i(f she's there) else I'll have to use...Liz.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 09:52:14 PM by Kane317 »

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 11:56:25 PM »
I noticed some changes to him that I'll take note of here... Btw, the new stance is dope!!! This is not assuming that "this" Billy Kane will play like the one for consoles, but regardless of that, the changes/notes will be changed accordingly. Also, if there is a KOF-I related thread, I'll copy this post there, and save this one as a reserve 'cause I plan on breaking this cat down come console release... Anybody with the actual KOF-I game, help a homeboy out with some notations n stuff, since what I'm seeing looks like C and D based normals and their command normals can be done as well despite having just a P and K only (maybe with an extra direction[?]). Anyway, here's my analysis:

Also, this vid is the main reference I used to analyze a bit: http://youtu.be/HLeIzE97PKg There's some other ones by the same "KusoCamera" (lol) channel... I have some notes based on those other vids, too...

- new low poke with staff (seems like a 2B even though its what 2K?) comes out fast and can chain. It looks like it has some range to it also. So could this mean no more classic 2A pokes from mid-screen??? hmmmm... EDIT: He's got his classic 2A back, it just looks slightly shorter than it did in previous KOFs). So he's looking like he doesn't have the fast kicks anymore.

- jump kick (looks like it could be his 9B but in game is 9K) has a new animation, and possibly a lower hitbox.

- "baseball bat" swing normal. I believe that's his CD attack since it caused KD on NH, but someone check that for me please...

- his 6A looks like it doesn't go as far as it would in his previous iterations. The first jump goes a bit out there, then during the spinkick phase it kinda just stops.

- has a kick attack that looks like a cl.D but was done far away, like past sweeping range.

- still kept his classic throw.

- new sweep has him swinging around his staff, tripping using just his leg. No more "Guile" sweep with the leg and pole...

- st.A-like poke. I'm assuming its st.A because of how it comes out fast.

- 2C new animation. I'm hoping for the same properties.

- Senpuukon looks a bit slower in terms of animation.

- 9CD slightly changed in terms of animation

-Sansetukonyuudanuchi & Suzumeotoshi come out super fast. Way faster than they did in any KOF...

That's all I got for now. 
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 09:57:31 PM by jinxhand »

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 03:12:44 AM »
Might as well contribute a few other videos as we come across them:

This one is a good move showcase, and the guy actually fights with some aggression VS the CPU:
http://vimeo.com/26116286

KusoCamera also brought us 3 gameplay vids:
http://youtu.be/gVcs0S-iyEA
http://youtu.be/HLeIzE97PKg
http://youtu.be/cTHYaNxFKQM

Together, they cover everything there is to know so far, without getting into EX's and complex combos.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 06:34:50 AM »
i wonder whos going to be on his team i can only hope geese is there even tho hes dead....

any ways i cant wait to play with him him i do wonder are they going to add any new moves on him like they did with shen woo in 12. hope they leave his counter attacks in.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 03:33:14 PM »
Wonder why they went such an an awkwardly near static neutral stance when the rest of him animates so very well.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2011, 03:49:59 PM »
Wonder why they went such an an awkwardly near static neutral stance when the rest of him animates so very well.

In order to make the rest of him animate so well. Plus, in order to have his transition to standing ;a pokes, and close ;c be as seamless as possible.

I'd forgive anything they do to his standing animation, if he could pop into this:

every once in a while. I wouldn't be TOO suprised if they added a bit more work onto him before console releasebut if the start revealing more console chara's for release, I wouldn't expect it.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2011, 03:58:48 PM »
so my wish did come true... been playing Kula/Iori/Billy in 2k2:um... hoping for Billy and now he is here... awesome... his gameplay looks cool... wish he had his AA DM... but overall i can still play him like 2k2...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2011, 06:58:18 PM »
Overall, he just seems really fast, like faster than 02 and 02UM imo... So to with the speed, there's a slight sacrifice in range, especially in terms of his ;fd ;a and ;dn ;a . From the looks of it, he doesn't even have his classic st. ;c anymore, which in many cases could be used as a situational poke, or could be used in combos where nothing else would connect due to range. Let's hope he can connect with ;qcf ;a / ;c whenever the opponent's in the air for under any circumstance...

I like his new stance though. It seems cocky, as if he doesn't really care about the opponent, so he's just "appearing" to have his guard down in a "lazy" stance. In the older KOFs, he would be bouncing around, and twirling his staff every so often.

As far as not having a counter is concerned, he might not even need it if there's a property change in a particular move. His pokes are way fast anyway... Also, though he has a similar move list sans a few DMs and SDMs, his playstyle might deviate slightly from the simple "zone" and/or "rushdown" style, even though I personally feel he's a character that doesn't fit just one style anyway.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 07:03:53 PM by jinxhand »

KusoGaki

• Rising Dragon
  • King of Fighters [UK]
    • View Profile
    • King of Fighters [UK]
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2011, 07:29:34 PM »
Was about to post this on my blog but i'll cross post it here also, some stuff i've figured out with Billy so far. Nothing too complex, just easy stuff.

- Standing P (3 hits) -> hcf+P (f+S) ~ qcf+P (S) 175 Damage

- Crouching K -> crouching K -> dp+K (dwnF+S) -> qcb+P (b+S) 184 Damage

- Standing P (3 hits) -> f+K -> qcb+P (b+S) 192 Damage

- Crouching K -> f+P -> crouching K -> f+P 198 Damage

- [Corner] standing P (3 hits) -> f+K -> dp+K (dwnF+S) -> qcf, hcb+P (tap gauge) 389 Damage

- [Corner] standing P (3 hits) -> f +K -> dp+K (dwnF+S) -> qcb+P (b+S) -> [Super Cancel] qcf,hcb+P (tap gauge) 404 Damage (or 422 Damage depending on timing of cancel)

- Standing P (1 or 2hits) -> dp+K (dwnF+S) -> Neomax (Tap character portrait) 463 Damage

- Standing P (3 hits) -> f +K -> NeoMax (Tap character portrait) 516 Damage

« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 07:36:56 PM by KusoGaki »

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2011, 07:30:50 PM »
Does he have his 02 d.C? and straight u.A? can qcf+P cancel projectiles?
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2011, 07:37:24 PM »
Does he have his 02 d.C? and straight u.A? can qcf+P cancel projectiles?

For the first question, yes he does from what I see, but the animation has changed. Hopefully that doens't change the properties or hitbox in this case...

I'm not sure about the rest though. Yeah 8A is great, especially as an opener for those jump-happy players...

My question is, did the classic ;fd ;a become ;fd ;b or can he just combo the regular ;fd ;b now??? Nevermind... I think I answered my own question... :-/
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 07:43:30 PM by jinxhand »

KusoGaki

• Rising Dragon
  • King of Fighters [UK]
    • View Profile
    • King of Fighters [UK]
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2011, 08:23:33 PM »
Yeah his f+K (the pole vault) puts the opponent into juggle state, you can follow up with a d+P or special move.

I tried to do his hcf+P against King's fireball but it doesn't cancel out projectiles as far as i can tell.