Author Topic: Billy Kane (Pre-release)  (Read 35589 times)

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
Re: Billy Kane
« Reply #75 on: November 29, 2011, 10:49:23 AM »

Does Billy's Senpu Kon (spam punch) suck? Don't remember him using it once on the stream.
(I do realize that Bala is not the end all be all for billy, but am wondering if the move has any good applications)

Too early to say but it doesn't look like a good move, nor the EX version. It's a decent pressure tool to leave you relatively safe when you have them in the corner. One cool thing is that you can cancel his standing CD into it to leave yourself somewhat safe. I believe jumping CD's and Dives and EX Dives will beat it.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 29, 2011, 11:49:55 AM »
Hey thanks for the info. Maybe an option for combo parts in HD mode then? Or likely the best application is to grind the opponent in the corner to score a win off of chip. Heh, either way I'm completely fine with this move not being crazy :)

Spooty Whiteboy

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 29, 2011, 07:29:16 PM »
Just realized that if you end the corner combo I listed on the previous page with a cr.C, then you have a 400 damage, 0 Meter, 1 Drive combo for Billy (that ends in a reset situation).

Corner
jD, 2B, 2B, 2B, 623B, 41236C, 236C, (DC) 214C, 623B, 2C
0 Meter, 1 Drive, 394 damage, 51 stun, almost builds a full meter.

Also, if you're feeling especially confident (or you really need to pull a win) and you have 3 meters (plus 100% HD), then you can combo his NeoMax from a mid-screen 623B or 6B for an easy 1/2 life combo.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 07:35:42 PM by Spooty Whiteboy »

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #78 on: November 29, 2011, 08:30:56 PM »
Someone asked about qcb+C being cancel-able to qcb+A for free.  It's actually cancel-able to any special/super for free.

That's actually pretty great. I love the free-cancel decisions they made for this game, it's so nice to see how much they can pull out of these "simpler" movesets. I'm glad to see there's some hidden depth and Tricks to Billy, I think it makes him feel much more of a "complete" character than many would have expected.

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2011, 06:26:12 AM »
I'm having trouble with (corner) hcf+C, qcf+P (DC) qcb+C. I keep accidentally getting hcf+C, qcf+P (SC) qcf,hcb+P. Anyone have any input advice for me?

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2011, 06:37:21 AM »
Hey fellas, Billy's wiki is empty, lets fill it up: http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Billy_Kane_%28XIII%29

Post your submission, have others test it out, and we will edit it in.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

jt4mtb

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2011, 07:28:12 AM »
I'm having trouble with (corner) hcf+C, qcf+P (DC) qcb+C. I keep accidentally getting hcf+C, qcf+P (SC) qcf,hcb+P. Anyone have any input advice for me?

I had the same problem at first too. I've been more consistently hitting it by tapping back briefly before the qcb+C; it seems to disrupt the input buffer so the game doesn't interpret his DM instead.
--JT

meiji_99

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 01, 2011, 07:37:36 AM »
anyone knows the shortcut to do drive cancel QCB P after HCF P QCF P follower?
thanks.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #83 on: December 01, 2011, 09:53:16 PM »

Does Billy's Senpu Kon (spam punch) suck? Don't remember him using it once on the stream.
(I do realize that Bala is not the end all be all for billy, but am wondering if the move has any good applications)

Too early to say but it doesn't look like a good move, nor the EX version. It's a decent pressure tool to leave you relatively safe when you have them in the corner. One cool thing is that you can cancel his standing CD into it to leave yourself somewhat safe. I believe jumping CD's and Dives and EX Dives will beat it.

From my personal experience, I consider it good only in combos, and as another option to punish, but only in very specific situations. It's definitely not like 02UM's version; infact, I think its worse when you compare the two (XIII version has that extra animation + it doesn't eat projectiles)...

Even still, I wouldn't consider using it to punish, when there's ;fd ;a , ;fd ;b , ;dp ;b / ;d , etc... I personally like ;fd ;a , ;dn ;b , ;dp ;b + ;d , but sadly, it's not as consistent as I'd like it to be...

thanks.

I had a shortcut that I think I found last night, but I have to get back into practice mode when I get off of work to confirm... I'll get back to you though...

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2011, 05:51:26 AM »
Anyone know how to consistently get:

;dn ;b ;dn ;b ;dn ;b ;fd ;a ;dn ;b ;fd ;a

I seem to get it out randomly.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2011, 06:45:58 AM »
Anyone know how to consistently get:

;dn ;b ;dn ;b ;dn ;b ;fd ;a ;dn ;b ;fd ;a

I seem to get it out randomly.

I've only been able to do this in the corner only... I do know for the most part, you have to look at the timing between each ;dn ;b and learn the timing between ;fd ;a and ;dn ;b . There aren't any real shortcuts to this tbh... I'll post up if I find something that says otherwise...

thanks.

Oh yeah, it's not really a shortcut... Quickly input the ;qcf ;c after the first part, then make sure the stick is at neutral before you do ;qcb ;a / ;c . Also, be careful not to do ;hcf ;c , but make sure its ;qcf , or else the super will come out...

Also, I'm not sure if anyone posted this yet, but off of a close ;c if you decide to go into ;fd ;a from either the first or second hit, the ;fd ;a won't hit twice, but it will still combo as a 2 or 3 hit depending on if close ;c hit once or twice. If all 3 hit, then ;fd ;a will hit twice.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 07:21:52 AM by jinxhand »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 03, 2011, 02:36:56 AM »

What Jinx said, make sure after you do the qcf+P follow up, you return to neutral, then make sure you start from down when inputting the qcb C.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #87 on: December 03, 2011, 05:37:54 AM »
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 03, 2011, 09:40:54 PM »
I think the vid was good, but not as "in depth" as the 02UM Master Class vids... Maybe its just because its Billy Kane, I dunno...

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 03, 2011, 11:05:11 PM »
Yeah, that could've been under 5 minutes. Billy is pretty simple to understand, it's his juggles that take time to learn.

Right now I'm trying to get good at his mixups and resets. If I have them in the corner and combo into EX upkicks, then regular upkicks, I have problems linking into his toward Staff attack, or just any attack. The timing for it is really precise. Me? I'm just looking for a good and easy normal to hit them in their air and let them land on their feet so I can mix them up.