Author Topic: Greetings from the East Coast  (Read 2721 times)

X_Factor

• New Challenger
  • Psyche your mind
    • View Profile
Greetings from the East Coast
« on: July 07, 2011, 05:44:20 PM »
Hello ladies and gents.  Not been lurking as much on this forum as others, but found a lot more information on XIII and character specifics I wanted to find.  Not played as many KoFs as some here, but started to play the games more and wanted to get more serious when XI was around.  Helped there were arcades back then with machines of it to get more interest of me. 

Play quite a bit of fighting games, but was brought up more with 3d fighters.  Even so, after playing XI, some of the older versions, and playing 2002 UM for a while, KoF has been one of the more appealing 2d fighters to me despite my SF dominated area.  I do have a youtube in my signature of some things I play. 

Been hyped for a while for XIII since XII was a big let down for me.  I am hoping to play XIII for a while since I played XI for a good while even on my PS2 and playing at friends' houses when the arcade machines were gone.  Trying to figure out the console to pre-order the game for since I am a bit torn.  If you guys have any input on that, that would be greatly appreciated.

Also trying to decide what team I want to play as well.  I could list off all the characters I have played, but that might take too long.  I know I will be playing Athena after a few matches I favored, but the rest of the team is up to debate.

Before I ramble on too much longer, I will just say happy to listen to any knowledge and willing to learn since I want to seriously play XIII.  Thank you for reading. :)

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings from the East Coast
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 06:40:17 PM »
Welcome to DC :)

I don't think there's been anything said yet about differences between the consoles versions, so aside from the typical differences (PS3 is less likely to scratch your discs and runs closer to the arcade speed, 360 has somewhat better online), you're pretty free to go with whichever you want.
Old man/bad player

X_Factor

• New Challenger
  • Psyche your mind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 06:44:43 PM »

I don't think there's been anything said yet about differences between the consoles versions, so aside from the typical differences (PS3 is less likely to scratch your discs and runs closer to the arcade speed, 360 has somewhat better online), you're pretty free to go with whichever you want.

I asked to see what more players on here used.  I want to have a backup plan in case my scene does it's usual play new game for month, go back to SF.   :(

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 07:44:41 PM »

I asked to see what more players on here used.  I want to have a backup plan in case my scene does it's usual play new game for month, go back to SF.   :(

Hi X_Factor welcome to dreamcancel.com I know I'm getting the game for both systems, we have a thread dedicated to members online info, you should check it out and share your gaming IDs.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

X_Factor

• New Challenger
  • Psyche your mind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 08:02:42 PM »
Hi X_Factor welcome to dreamcancel.com I know I'm getting the game for both systems, we have a thread dedicated to members online info, you should check it out and share your gaming IDs.

I knew there was somewhere I needed to post that.  Thank you. :)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 05:50:42 PM »
Welcome to DC my friend.  There's no better time to learn XIII than now.

ZeWickedOreo

• Strongest Tiger
  • iamGab.
    • View Profile
    • 10over10
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 06:51:18 PM »
Stick to KOF first hihih it'salotoffuuuun! :D Hoping to play with you online! :) Welcome bro!
BUCK UP, BRUH! :>

iamGab

Poltergeist360

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2011, 11:17:06 PM »
Hello I'm new to this site and so far it's a lot more informative then srk lol I would love to learn to play kof 13 and appreciate any advice I can use on how to play the since i only get to play mvc and st