Author Topic: Will they use GGPO for kof xiii?  (Read 4295 times)

BustaWolf

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Will they use GGPO for kof xiii?
« on: July 12, 2011, 11:02:41 PM »
Recent uses of other online coding area rather lackluster Do you think Atlus publishing the games might let them use the latest and greatest?

Sent by using the unlimited power.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
Re: Will they use GGPO for kof xiii?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 11:05:39 PM »
no they wont

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 11:18:09 PM »
According to ¿ign? ¿gamespot? can't remember the site, but in E3 they were told KOF XIII will use the patched version of KOF XII netcode as a base, but obviously it will be improved and much better.

So , no GGPO for KOF XIII.

Anyways EVERYBODY is telling Atlus the main thing they should focus on is the netcode, so that must mean something.

BustaWolf

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Will they use GGPO for kof xiii?
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 11:18:37 PM »
:-\ its been confirmed they won't?

BustaWolf

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 11:30:16 PM »
Oh. Well I hope it isn't atrocious like the "greatest net code they ever used" for capcoms marvel vs capcom 3 :-P

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 11:31:18 PM »
They are not using GGPO and they're also not using the XII netcode. That's all we know at this point.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 11:31:41 PM »
According to ¿ign? ¿gamespot? can't remember the site, but in E3 they were told KOF XIII will use the patched version of KOF XII netcode as a base, but obviously it will be improved and much better.

So , no GGPO for KOF XIII.

Anyways EVERYBODY is telling Atlus the main thing they should focus on is the netcode, so that must mean something.

Nah, about using a better version of KOFXII netcode was a miss interpretation by Gamespot. In Orochinagi interview they said that it's a complete new netcode and that they learned a lot from the KOFXII netcode.

Now, there was a rumor that they might be using a netcode that has 8 letters or more, the most probable is Supercade netcode. Which is basically like GGPO and many people are thinking it will substitute GGPO eventually, since these guys keep updating the netcode and make it better. Some say it has surpassed GGPO in many ways. Can't say this myself, but it's what people are saying in some places. GGPO is still great, but it seems it's not the only good netcode for Arcade Fighting Games right now.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 12:37:25 AM »
^---Thanks for that heads up, i didn't know they said that in the orochinagi interview.

And one thing, GGPO is not the alpha and omega of netcodes, a fighting game can lack it and still have an amazing online, even better than GGPO, it's just a matter of the people making the game.

BustaWolf

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 12:15:08 PM »
I've never personally used ggpo but as soon as 3rd strike online drops I'll have a very big taste :)