Author Topic: Official KOF XIII side tournament at EVO 2011. Sponsored by Atlus.  (Read 24593 times)

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Official KOF XIII side tournament at EVO 2011. Sponsored by Atlus.
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2011, 01:19:37 AM »
Will we be able to have time with the game before the tournament begins? I have only had one chance to play it so far so any time with it beforehand would help immensely. I know I don't have a chance in hell at winning this thing. But, I would like to try to avoid looking like a complete tool. :)

Giby

• Strongest Tiger
  • Man Chest
    • View Profile
    • snk-capcom dot com
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2011, 02:46:41 AM »
Both set ups will be available on Friday, and Saturday morning. Everyone should get a chance to play before the tournament.

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2011, 05:05:05 AM »
Excellent! Hot damn this tournament is going to be so much fun!

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2011, 06:15:00 AM »
Regarding Dune, can't ATLUS help a bit? Well I know I'm saying too much, but it was just a thought.

Money was not the primary issue, being the Godfather for KOF Dune had a few people offer to pay for his trip. The fact that he recently god married and is starting a new job is what's making him reconsider. We all love KOF but sometimes, just sometimes life has priority ;)
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2011, 12:15:48 PM »
Regarding Dune, can't ATLUS help a bit? Well I know I'm saying too much, but it was just a thought.

Money was not the primary issue, being the Godfather for KOF Dune had a few people offer to pay for his trip. The fact that he recently god married and is starting a new job is what's making him reconsider. We all love KOF but sometimes, just sometimes life has priority ;)

Oh ok, I thought that he had some tight budged due to recently getting married and just getting a new job. But I think I got it wrong, still best wishes for him on all of what he is doing. Hopefully next time he can come over.

Dark Geese

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2011, 03:18:00 PM »
oh my god i'm soo hype right now, this is really the highlight of evo for me this year! can't wait!!!

oh btw, are there any plans for casuals and MM and such in the hotel rooms the night before or after this?

Let me paint a scenario for you man since I have been used to running these things at EVO since like 2007:

1. In SNK games more than likely not the guys may wanna sleep if its a supergun or second setup they probably won't have it running in the hotel, once Oscar etc finished unhooking it he/they are going to be tired after all of this and want to sleep.

Before same thing, depending on what time BYOC opens etc people gotta understand if for any reason you want to claim the tvs a secret to my success is that I was always like the first guy in the morning there so of course I had first dibs on everything. So sure they may decide this, but something tells me after knowing how EVO is everything will be in the BYOC area (MMs etc).

Also something else of legal advice, no need to do MMs in the hotels unless you want to, Gambling is legal in Vegas (I put money that was a good reason why Wiz decided to move EVO to Vegas in the first place), so unlike many places in the USA that want MMs in a separate hotel, you don't have to do that in Vegas you can announce them and everything to the public..
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 02:09:00 PM by Dark Geese »

xZEPPELIx

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2011, 01:30:34 AM »
So fucking hype for this!  Totally gunna enter the tournament.  I wont be busy running MK9 this time lol.
formerly known as TornAparT.  SoCal KoF group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/244569065571400

Sonikku

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2011, 06:53:45 AM »
man im way too late to join Evo now >_> I wanted to join but I thought I was entering school the day EVO begins however, Im entering school at august 15 now -__- Im such an idiot

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2011, 08:16:00 AM »
man im way too late to join Evo now >_> I wanted to join but I thought I was entering school the day EVO begins however, Im entering school at august 15 now -__- Im such an idiot

So what's keeping you from joining?
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Sonikku

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2011, 08:23:24 AM »

So what's keeping you from joining?

Its just I thought I was entering school this july meaning i wont join Evo. instead im entering school in august now which i can go
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 08:31:56 AM by Sonikku »

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2011, 05:04:52 AM »
Good luck at EVO all! Remember, don't be afraid to put a 20 dollar bill in a machine right when you get there and max bet. I won 2,500 at EVO 2k9 doing that on a slot machine : ) I'll be watching for a stream, too...

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2011, 11:56:55 PM »
I'm going to Evo ,unless Duc changes his mind lol
" you fight well in the old style"

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2011, 12:28:30 AM »
I'm going to Evo ,unless Duc changes his mind lol

Yeah we're still going, be ready around 11am thursday

Giby

• Strongest Tiger
  • Man Chest
    • View Profile
    • snk-capcom dot com
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2011, 04:16:38 PM »
Special event(?):

SNKP has asked that the winner of the KOF XIII tournament play a few matches against Kei Yamamoto, producer of KOF XIII. I hope that Yamamoto-san knows what he's getting himself into.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2011, 06:46:42 PM »
Special event(?):

SNKP has asked that the winner of the KOF XIII tournament play a few matches against Kei Yamamoto, producer of KOF XIII. I hope that Yamamoto-san knows what he's getting himself into.

Oh this is going to be interesting.  You're telling me he's going to stay from the 10am announcement, until the tourney is finished?  Wow.