Author Topic: Congratulations to Japan winning Women's Soccer World Cup!  (Read 2775 times)

Dark Geese

Congratulations to Japan winning Women's Soccer World Cup!
« on: July 18, 2011, 03:03:51 PM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slug=ap-wwcupfinal

The reason I post this is because I remember vividly the day Hummer found the news that Japan had been hit by a tsunami and earthquake. This was during The KOF Cup 2011, we had been asleep at Kane9999's house, and I can remember like yesterday the anguish, sorrow, and tears that had come upon Hummer's face. We were all touched at how we knew that affected him and how we knew how concerned he was about his family back in Japan. We told him he didn't have to play and we completely understood, but it was he that said "I am a KOF player, and what I do is play!" So he decided after finding out his friends and family were okay that he wanted to play in The KOF Cup 2011 tournament and matches.  

Despite the fact that they defeat the USA (lol, ala EVO anyone????) I do believe this is something Japan needs right now to lift their spirits! So Congratulations to the Japanese Women for giving the Japanese something to cheer about!!!!!! (Again one thing you all will note about me, I give credit where credit is due, no ego involved here!)

-DG
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 09:37:21 PM by Dark Geese »

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Congratulations to Japan winning Women's Soccer World Cup!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 05:55:27 PM »
(Again one thing you all will note about me, I give credit where credit is due, no ego involved here!)

Haha, would have been more effective if you left that part out.

Grats to japan, i actually had a bit of build-up to this since they recently beat sweden aswell. I was driving most of the night and they kept talking about this on the radio, if it wheren't for the rain and some minor inconveniences it would have been a great night (atleast as far as work nights go)

Grats again to japan!

Ps. It is called football.

Dark Geese

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 06:28:10 PM »
(Again one thing you all will note about me, I give credit where credit is due, no ego involved here!)

Haha, would have been more effective if you left that part out.

Grats to japan, i actually had a bit of build-up to this since they recently beat sweden aswell. I was driving most of the night and they kept talking about this on the radio, if it wheren't for the rain and some minor inconveniences it would have been a great night (atleast as far as work nights go)

Grats again to japan!

Ps. It is called football.

Yes I am aware it is called football, but since most people here are from the United States I referred to it as soccer, but like for example in Mexico, it's fĂștbol, so yeah I am aware of that.

I said that last part because people assume (You know what they say about people that assume) that I wouldn't give credit if Japan won in any situation at my tournaments...and well they assume wrong!  How could I build long lasting relationships with other countries if I was the way these people perceived me to be (They'd argue rightfully so I show bias/favoritism)? Doesn't work that way....
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 06:30:38 PM by Dark Geese »

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 07:03:53 PM »
Congrats to the Japanese team.  I only caught the overtime and shootout, but even from that little bit, the players' skill was really impressive and certainly deserving of the win.

Kind of sucks that they ended in penalties instead of actual play, especially after playing out a full 30 minute overtime instead of sudden death, but that's just a little gripe I have with FIFA's rules.  Japan definitely looked like the better team, so good on them for fighting hard and getting the win.
Old man/bad player

FreeRunner

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 07:26:26 PM »
Huh? If anything, people would most likely assume you to be bias towards the U.S. (that is, if people wanna assume things).

With all the international stuff you do, why would people assume otherwise?

But anyway, congrats to Japan for the win.

You're too slow!!

Dark Geese

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 09:24:54 PM »
Huh? If anything, people would most likely assume you to be bias towards the U.S. (that is, if people wanna assume things).

With all the international stuff you do, why would people assume otherwise?

But anyway, congrats to Japan for the win.

Because I've been telling people for a long time that Japan may not be the best in the world in KOF (only way to truly find out is to have a TRUE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, not this Region Specific SBO crap and stuff and then have people overgeneralize and say They are "The best in the worlldddddddddd!") and people give them a free pass because of EVO, SBO, DTKOF, what they see on GGPO etc. So people look into this too deeply to assume I'd be biased towards Mexico one way or the other, when bottom line is I'm not, I believe there is skill around the world period, not limited to just one region. I believe in respecting all countries, finding out for real who is the best, just taking someone's word is not good enough for me, what we are talking about right here

that's right a WORLD CUP, IS THE ONLY WAY TO BE CERTAIN, AND EVEN THEN THATS FOR A GIVEN TIME PERIOD THINGS CHANGE OVER TIME!

Trust me there have been some on this forum that have even accused me of "Sleeping with the Mexicans" so this is for the record. All I am doing is raising awareness for other countries/players that may not get the limelight as much...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 09:31:26 PM by Dark Geese »

FreeRunner

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 12:54:59 AM »

Because I've been telling people for a long time that Japan may not be the best in the world in KOF (only way to truly find out is to have a TRUE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, not this Region Specific SBO crap and stuff and then have people overgeneralize and say They are "The best in the worlldddddddddd!") and people give them a free pass because of EVO, SBO, DTKOF, what they see on GGPO etc. So people look into this too deeply to assume I'd be biased towards Mexico one way or the other, when bottom line is I'm not, I believe there is skill around the world period, not limited to just one region. I believe in respecting all countries, finding out for real who is the best, just taking someone's word is not good enough for me, what we are talking about right here

that's right a WORLD CUP, IS THE ONLY WAY TO BE CERTAIN, AND EVEN THEN THATS FOR A GIVEN TIME PERIOD THINGS CHANGE OVER TIME!

Trust me there have been some on this forum that have even accused me of "Sleeping with the Mexicans" so this is for the record. All I am doing is raising awareness for other countries/players that may not get the limelight as much...

Can't argue with a World Cup. Any other countries interest you besides the ones you mentioned?

You're too slow!!

Dark Geese

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 01:07:40 AM »

Can't argue with a World Cup. Any other countries interest you besides the ones you mentioned?

Yes plenty, Starting with the Latin American Cup, I have Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Japan, then I am talking to Morocco, United Arab Emirates, Pakistan is interested, working with some from Korea, Taiwan, Guatemala, and am going to continue to work my way from there building trust  within countries so that when I pull the trigger on the Official World KOF Cup Qualifiers (which will takes probably a year to complete), I will have every country basically on the list in some way or fashion, but broken up into particular Super-Regions, so that for the "Final" only the best from those Super-Regions and the"Last Chance Qualifiers" make it out...