Author Topic: megaman legends 3 cancelled  (Read 5206 times)

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
Re: megaman legends 3 cancelled
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2011, 01:15:12 PM »
http://twitter.com/CapcomEuro/status/93720826087620608

it's a shame the fans didn't want to get more involved :-( if we saw there was an audience for MML3 people might change minds

Nicely done Capcom Europe!
That sounds oddly similar to what they said about making another Darkstalkers game.  Something like "well, if we saw that 1 million people wanted it, we'd do it, but otherwise, there's not enough interest for to be worth our time".

I'm kind of surprised that they'd say lack of fan interest was (allegedly) one of the reasons for cancelling a Megaman game...I mean, that's like their most popular franchise....
Old man/bad player

ZeWickedOreo

• Strongest Tiger
  • iamGab.
    • View Profile
    • 10over10
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2011, 06:22:50 PM »
Damn... 'Was a big fan of megaman :(
BUCK UP, BRUH! :>

iamGab

JoeJustice

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2011, 12:16:04 AM »
The biggest insult about this cancellation was the fact that Capcom is citing the lack of people on the fan development site, when all along they were saying that the success of the  DEMO was supposed to be the deciding factor. Thats like flunking someone out of school prior to them taking the friggen exam. Although I can't help but be at least a little dissapointed in Inafune, I mean he left Capcom for the right reasons sure, but couldn't he have stayed for one last hurrah being the ultimate conclusion to mega-mandom?

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2011, 12:51:26 AM »
The biggest insult about this cancellation was the fact that Capcom is citing the lack of people on the fan development site, when all along they were saying that the success of the  DEMO was supposed to be the deciding factor. Thats like flunking someone out of school prior to them taking the friggen exam. Although I can't help but be at least a little dissapointed in Inafune, I mean he left Capcom for the right reasons sure, but couldn't he have stayed for one last hurrah being the ultimate conclusion to mega-mandom?
ive heard various rumors that capcom wouldn't even let inafune do anything he wanted to do dealing with megaman so to be honest im glad he left and i knew something was fishy since right after he left mml3 was announced

JoeJustice

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2011, 02:23:18 AM »
I'm pretty sure it was during, I remember the fallout on Destructoid when he left in the middle and the MML3 team even gave a response to him being gone.
There is also this  http://pw-software.com/archives/1978

Of course, that doesn't rule out that Capcom was undermining things, for all we know the game could've got the secret red light when he was working on it and thats why he left. He could've elaborated though, because its obvious he has no love for Capcom anymore.