Dream Cancel Forum

News:

Join us in the Dream Cancel Discord Server! CLICK HERE!

Street Fighter X Tekken

Started by FreeRunner, July 21, 2011, 11:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisCipher

I'm just not interested in this game. If you're hype for it than that's okay, there's always a difference of opinion but to me it just doesn't look appealing. The Magic Combo's I have no problem with, but the tag system looks... odd. Best way to put it. They still have obnoxiously long cinematics for supers and what looks like grabs? And then there's Pandora, another dumb comeback mechanic that does shitloads of damage that Capcom put in there so little Johnny who mains Ryu/Ken/Akuma/Sakura/Oni/Dan/Evil Ryu (you know, diversity) will always have a chance to win.

No thank you.

Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Chipymax

I already see the combos, you let one partner to get down to 25life... you switch and try to get combo to a launch, Switch, Pandora super before the character hits the ground.   
Xbox live: Chipymax

baccano1932

New teaser trailers
Street Fighter X Tekken - New Challenger
looking fairly open this time in terms of who is in  

First video looks like Juri or Dan, Second Video pretty open and the third video some people are saying Boxer but there is a bit that looks like Yang and given the recent image with Yang in it he could be a potential canidate as well http://iplaywinner.com/display/ShowImage?imageUrl=/storage/oneuse/a9utu9.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1317506893724
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

Delta

I see Viper in the first video, i hope she is out, she already had her chance with MVC3, and i rather have other characters.
Good thing to see Juri (probably) being in the game.

Xxenace

capcom......................wheres karin......................................for everyday im not seeing my rich girl team being made i will kill 12 people

The Fluke

Quote from: Xxenace on October 08, 2011, 03:27:20 AM
capcom......................wheres karin......................................for everyday im not seeing my rich girl team being made i will kill 12 people

Then i hope you kill lots. Sean needs to be added.

baccano1932

Capcom has revealed some interesting plans for comic-con this weekend http://iplaywinner.com/news/2011/10/11/sfxt-ono-vs-harada-will-literally-kick-ass-at-new-york-comic.html ...  also I would expect that the character teasers will be revealed.
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

jinxhand

Quote from: Chipymax on September 15, 2011, 08:24:44 PM
I already see the combos, you let one partner to get down to 25life... you switch and try to get combo to a launch, Switch, Pandora super before the character hits the ground.   

Sounds like Ougon Musou Kyoku combos: A, B, C, tag, A, B, C, A+B+C, super... Poke til you get meter to repeat...
I'm on FightCade!!!
www.soundcloud.com/jinxhand
www.youtube.com/jinxhand

Saitsuofleaves

Well I'm not all too hype about this game, but since no one put them up here, I figured I might as well do  the job.

New York Comic Con Street Fighter X Tekken Teaser 1

New York Comic Con Street Fighter X Tekken Teaser 2

New York Comic Con Street Fighter X Tekken Teaser 3

Those are the 3 Tekken Character Teasers, I'm bad with knowing the Tekken roster so it's on you.  Same format as the SF Teasers, 2 fakes, 1 Real (the real one seems easier to pick out since Tekken and SFxT don't run on the same graphical engine).

New York Comic Con Street Fighter X Tekken Gameplay

Random Gameplay video to set up this last video...

New York Comic Con Street Fighter X Tekken Trailer

A new System Direction trailer this time adding Gems and a couple of new wrinkles.

Gem System seems interesting.  They can boost Attack, Speed, Defense, C. Gauge (Cross Gauge aka Super Meter), and Assist (???).  You'll be able to see what the other chose by the colors on their gem slots on the C. Gauge.  Each one has a different color, and you can stack certain gems.  Now they don't activate right away, each one has a requirement in order to activate within the match.  The Attack Gem activates when you land a couple consecutive normals for a temporary boost in power.  Before people flip, 3 Power Gems on Ryu didn't seem to add a ton of power, so meh.

As for the rest of the directions, raw Launchers have purpose (completely beat out Low Attacks).

Cross Rush, still around, but they've now stated that they don't do much in the way of straight up damage, most of it can be recovered.

Now the Super Charge seems to have the most interesting new stuff.  We already know that they can now be Dash Canceled HOWEVER, now when you Dash Cancel a Level 2 charge (aka a Charge that would fire an EX move), if you hit your next attack, it will be a COUNTER HIT AUTOMATICALLY.  Those possibilities should be pretty damn interesting.

Cross Cancel is an Alpha Counter, nothing new really there.

EX moves and Super Arts...been there, done that.

Cross Arts also seem to be tweaked (or I was too stupid to notice).  When they connect, they COMPLETELY wipe out the opponent's recoverable health.  So when the opponent has full meter, be wary.

Cross Assault now seems to require a friend...i don't really understand what they're trying here.  Uh, whatever.

Pandora's the same...still crappy...just the way I like it (of course, being dead would make me like it better).

Seems like they're starting to finally do some more meaningful tweaking.  Gems sound interesting and SKill says tourney players will wanna use them, so get used to them I guess.  Super Charge finally has some worth, Cross Rush has been getting weaker and weaker (I hope they at least return the canceling so this doesn't turn more into SF4 + Tekken characters), and Cross Art already had some worth doing great damage, and now it's doing better.

System Direction helps hype I guess.

EDIT:  And I'm too lazy to post this but Rufus got his official "reveal" alone (for reasons I can't figure out).  His Super Art is Big Bang Typhoon (Ultra 2 in SF4 series) and his Cross Art is Space Opera Symphony (Ultra 1 in SF4 Series).

EDIT2: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/oct/14/gem-system-special-edition-details-street-fighter-x-tekken/

well, here's a picture of what the Special Edition has to offer, which makes me wonder...WTF are they planning with the Gem System?  Now I'm completely confused.  Only Ono can make shit MORE complicated after an explanation and demonstration.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

baccano1932

The first teaser looks most like Eddy, 2 looks kind of like Paul or another Mishima? and 3 has to be Ling Xiayou with the way her foot is raised, the palm facing forward and you can see her bracelet in several pictures as well.
Also I hope i'm not the only one who has no interest in the gems and hopes they don't become the standard.

Saitsuofleaves

Well I heard that there's an Auto Guard and Auto Throw Gem.

Well guys, this game died before it even started.  Back to dat KOF where skill actually matters.

EDIT:  Take it back somewhat, seems like there's an opportunity to not use gems and they aren't mandatory (or are a separate mode).

So...yeah, I'm confused, SKill can't honestly be crazy enough to think tourney players will use Gems if they're optional...
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

ok so i noticed zafina mokujin paul dragnov xiao  lars  devil jin and alisa

WHERES KARIN

Saitsuofleaves

Quote from: Xxenace on October 15, 2011, 04:08:47 AM

WHERES KARIN

Okay, so whoever you notice in the Tekken 6 physics are the fakes.

But it seems everyone is now shitting on this game.  Honestly Capcom only needs to do two things to salvage this game.

1. Make the Gem System Optional (which it seems they've done, but it helps to get better confirmation as to how to go about this).  This will help as...it's pretty much confirmed that all TO's will ban Gems outright already.

2. Turn Cross Rush back to how it was to allow for canceling into Specials out of them.

That's it, all it will take.  Even Pandora could stay for all I care, it's not to tough to avoid.  The above two things affect the entire game whether people like it or not.  If neither happens (or at least, 1 doesn't happen.  2 is...livable, annoying, but livable), then this game's tournament life will last...not long.  With the FG variety we'll have by March, SFxT wouldn't live outside of casuals.

I mean, like I said, I wasn't too hype for this game to begin with, but it has potential, and it shows Capcom is at least willing to move forward on things the fans want (like Online Training Mode).  It'd be a goddamn shame if it was all wasted on one stupid mistake.

Delta

I want my boy Dragunov :(
This gem system looks interesting, and i seriously doubt they will let it in at tournaments.

FreeRunner

Quote from: Xxenace on October 15, 2011, 04:08:47 AM

WHERES KARIN

I doubt she's going to make it in at this point. A shame, my friend was expecting her.
You're too slow!!