Author Topic: Street Fighter X Tekken  (Read 184923 times)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: Street Fighter X Tekken
« Reply #90 on: October 15, 2011, 03:34:39 AM »
ok so i noticed zafina mokujin paul dragnov xiao  lars  devil jin and alisa

WHERES KARIN

I doubt she's going to make it in at this point. A shame, my friend was expecting her.

Why do you doubt it?  With no leak list to discourage it, and it still being 5 months prior to release, there's still plenty of time.  Hell, what, Jin and Akuma, Bison, Guy and Cody are the only for sure guys left, and Bison is pretty iffy.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

FreeRunner

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 15, 2011, 03:56:25 AM »

WHERES KARIN

I doubt she's going to make it in at this point. A shame, my friend was expecting her.

Why do you doubt it?  With no leak list to discourage it, and it still being 5 months prior to release, there's still plenty of time.  Hell, what, Jin and Akuma, Bison, Guy and Cody are the only for sure guys left, and Bison is pretty iffy.

I forgot about that leaked list. However that leaked list doesn't have Sean on there and there was a teaser for him (If that really is him). Also, what about Rufus? I'm not holding my breath until I actually see Karin revealed. I do hope that list is right though, it's been right so far (with a few exceptions).
You're too slow!!

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 15, 2011, 04:12:32 AM »

WHERES KARIN

I forgot about that leaked list. However that leaked list doesn't have Sean on there and there was a teaser for him (If that really is him). Also, what about Rufus? I'm not holding my breath until I actually see Karin revealed. I do hope that list is right though, it's been right so far (with a few exceptions).

You completely missed what I said.  And Rufus already was revealed at NYCC.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 15, 2011, 04:57:43 AM »
That "leaked" list has been proved fake since day one.

FreeRunner

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 15, 2011, 05:41:50 AM »
^ I figured as much.

Anyway, after what I read, I'm not too optimistic about this game.

As I said before, I'm not holding my breath for whether or not Karin will make it in.

Seems like everytime I get hyped for something from Capcom, I get disappointed in some way.
You're too slow!!

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 15, 2011, 09:02:51 AM »
personally i do think that gem thing isn't needed if its able to be turned off then i would say it needs banned from ranked matches and possibly from tournaments

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 15, 2011, 10:08:22 AM »
personally i do think that gem thing isn't needed if its able to be turned off then i would say it needs banned from ranked matches and possibly from tournaments

It's already the consensus it seems from EVERYONE within the scene to ban it.  I mean, the system was getting BOOED at the panel.  But yeah, I'll say it like this.

I was vehemently against the game, because I figured it was waste of time that could be spent on in-house projects and IPs.  But I give any game a chance.  And it wasnt bad.  At the time of the first System Direction, I was getting into it.  But then it all went to hell.  Like then Cross Assault was getting steam, Cross Rush went to hell, Pandora arrived, and now we're here...

It's just, I don't get what Capcom's thinking.  They had a solid foundation once they got to Cross Assault, but then they kept adding...and adding...and adding.  It's like Ono's Division is trying to boost their epeen to say that they have more crap in their game than a Vs. Series game.  At least in those games, the systems added came organically (yes...even X-Factor some what as it's a progression from Baroque I guess) as to how it could help the game move along.  For SFxT, it just seems like Capcom put a list of ideas on a dartboard and kept firing randomly to see what to put in.

Idk if they feel they held back a lot when it came to the SF4 series so now they're trying to make up for it, or if they feel threatened by what Niitsuma's team has been doing with MvC3, or that they feel like if they don't do enough SFxT might get lost in the shuffle but SFxT is turning into the quintessential summer blockbuster movie.  Too much damn fluff getting in the way of the potential the meat had.  Everything after Cross Assault just became too much.

Capcom, I say this because I care.  Stop it.  Stop it now.  I like what you're doing options wise with the Online Training Mode, and the ability to actually play 2 on 2 battles to make a legit team match (I don't mean Scramble, I mean the legit tag mode), but stop...adding...things.  You're overdoing it.  You know how people say Vanilla MvC3 was barebones?  You're going too damn far the other way.  Your game is overweight and it could afford to shed a few pounds like Pandora and the Gem System, while putting on muscle in other places, like Cross Rush.  Instead of wasting this time just adding crap, evaluate what you're putting on the table, and realize that you're making it worse.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 15, 2011, 11:24:24 AM »

It's already the consensus it seems from EVERYONE within the scene to ban it.  I mean, the system was getting BOOED at the panel.  But yeah, I'll say it like this.

I was vehemently against the game, because I figured it was waste of time that could be spent on in-house projects and IPs.  But I give any game a chance.  And it wasnt bad.  At the time of the first System Direction, I was getting into it.  But then it all went to hell.  Like then Cross Assault was getting steam, Cross Rush went to hell, Pandora arrived, and now we're here...

It's just, I don't get what Capcom's thinking.  They had a solid foundation once they got to Cross Assault, but then they kept adding...and adding...and adding.  It's like Ono's Division is trying to boost their epeen to say that they have more crap in their game than a Vs. Series game.  At least in those games, the systems added came organically (yes...even X-Factor some what as it's a progression from Baroque I guess) as to how it could help the game move along.  For SFxT, it just seems like Capcom put a list of ideas on a dartboard and kept firing randomly to see what to put in.

Idk if they feel they held back a lot when it came to the SF4 series so now they're trying to make up for it, or if they feel threatened by what Niitsuma's team has been doing with MvC3, or that they feel like if they don't do enough SFxT might get lost in the shuffle but SFxT is turning into the quintessential summer blockbuster movie.  Too much damn fluff getting in the way of the potential the meat had.  Everything after Cross Assault just became too much.

Capcom, I say this because I care.  Stop it.  Stop it now.  I like what you're doing options wise with the Online Training Mode, and the ability to actually play 2 on 2 battles to make a legit team match (I don't mean Scramble, I mean the legit tag mode), but stop...adding...things.  You're overdoing it.  You know how people say Vanilla MvC3 was barebones?  You're going too damn far the other way.  Your game is overweight and it could afford to shed a few pounds like Pandora and the Gem System, while putting on muscle in other places, like Cross Rush.  Instead of wasting this time just adding crap, evaluate what you're putting on the table, and realize that you're making it worse.
i agree i kinda wish they would just stick to basic's and just touch up on a few places and stop with the crazy shit

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #98 on: October 15, 2011, 07:33:13 PM »
Ono says its a "celebration" for fighting games, so I'm just thinking that they're adding bits o' crap from their other games, with some tweaks of course...

Think about it, most of this stuff we've seen already in one game or another... They threw in the chain links from Vampire Savior. The tag crap is from the vs series, especially that assault thing, which was heavily used in MvC1. The Pandora mode I think is from one of their games, too, but I can't think of it right now (it was something they modded to make it look "unique"). The gem thing is a more "indepth" approach at the MSH gem system, giving it more of an rpg flair...

I'm sure they might end up adding something else to it, or patching it in the game at some point. I didn't think that they would take this celebration thing to such a ridiculous level. In my eyes if its a celebration for fighting games, then bring the fighters we care about back to the forefront, like Project Justice, Plasma Sword, JJBA, or even Power Stone. So much can be done with these games now the technology has been beefed up. I honestly can't see a 2.5D JJBA though (the last one on ps2 failed horribly)...

FreeRunner

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 18, 2011, 05:26:06 PM »
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/oct/17/no-option-disable-gems-sfxt-system-designed-veterans/

Seems like Gems are not optional. What do you think?

Not alot of people are happy about this. Yeah, this isn't a day 1 purchase for me.

I just lost interest in this game.
You're too slow!!

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 18, 2011, 05:36:37 PM »
The problem isn't so much that the Gems aren't optional.  It's the fact that they aren't optional and there's a likely possibility Gems will also have DLC later on eventually making it a pay to win game...

I don't get why Ono's so stubborn about this one.  I mean, he's never been the smartest or most beloved guy, but at the very least, he's been reasonable.  Why he's deciding to put his ass on the line for this system I cannot fathom.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 18, 2011, 07:41:28 PM »
Well, the gem system could be a huge success or a huge failure, so i think and hope Capcom/Ono will try to convince us about it. At this moment i will give them the benefit of the doubt.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 18, 2011, 07:56:46 PM »
I was watching the NYCC trailer and I thought "There's such a thing as too many options" I mean, they're trying to go casual but how in sweet fuck can jo-blo follow all that shit? Surely I can't be the only one confused by all the shit they have? I think you're just going to see even more mashing when this game goes online.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #103 on: October 18, 2011, 08:11:14 PM »
The problem isn't so much that the Gems aren't optional.  It's the fact that they aren't optional and there's a likely possibility Gems will also have DLC later on eventually making it a pay to win game...

I don't get why Ono's so stubborn about this one.  I mean, he's never been the smartest or most beloved guy, but at the very least, he's been reasonable.  Why he's deciding to put his ass on the line for this system I cannot fathom.

His reasoning is probably this: (capcom game + features^n) + casual players = success!!! That or something similar to it...

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 18, 2011, 08:21:40 PM »
I was watching the NYCC trailer and I thought "There's such a thing as too many options" I mean, they're trying to go casual but how in sweet fuck can jo-blo follow all that shit? Surely I can't be the only one confused by all the shit they have? I think you're just going to see even more mashing when this game goes online.

No kidding and I bet if there is no restricitions placed on the gems you're gonna see people just load up on attack boosting gems and try and get like an uppercut and do an ungodly amount of damage or  those chain combos are gonna be totally OP since they already do a fairly substantial amount of damage, will be fairly easy to pull off with a bit of practice and are super fast ,add in pandora mode and some stupid crap is gonna go down.
From the Eventhubs article
-Not all gems in SFxT will be opened up from the get go, DLC and other stuff will make more of them available. There will be a starter set available right out of the gate...Gems are designed to be complex — for advanced players. They really want you to think about which gems will fit your play style and approach
So yeah like
Saitsuofleaves pointed out it seems like Capcom is trying to force you to buy gems since A) they're mandatory to use and B) you have to buy more if you want the full set.

"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".