Author Topic: Street Fighter X Tekken  (Read 182724 times)

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
Re: Street Fighter X Tekken
« Reply #825 on: March 17, 2012, 05:48:00 AM »
http://shoryuken.com/2012/03/16/seth-killian-promises-news-from-capcom-regarding-street-fighter-x-tekkens-dlc-and-future-patches/

Oh boy! 20 dollars! Oh Capcom...you don't have to spoil us that much!

Best comment on that thing:

Quote from: Capcom Retard Fanboy
Why the heck should the DLC characters be free?

Is Capcom employing slaves?

Before these 12 characters were announced, everyone thought the basic SFxT package was a good value, well worth $60.  (because it is)

After the 12 characters were announced, THAT VALUE HASN'T CHANGED.  The existence of 12 extra characters on disc does not decrease the value of the basic package that you all thought was worth $60.

This is what defies logic to me, and this is what Sven referred to as "emotion."
From an objective, logical standpoint, the 12 DLC characters should be a non-issue.

COST VS BENEFIT FOR THE CONSUMER IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS IT WAS BEFORE THE 12 DLC CHARACTERS WERE DISCOVERED.

If you all thought that 43 characters were worth $60, why the heck should 55 characters be worth $60, too? Because you feel bad? Because you want to play Elena now?

*I* want to play Elena now. Doesn't mean I expect extra content to be free. Doesn't mean it should be free, either.

This a new low for the fanboys.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: March 17, 2012, 05:49:31 AM »
i think they could do a lot worse

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: March 17, 2012, 05:57:04 AM »
That's the kind of mentality that worries me. What do they need to do before it becomes ridiculous? Have a game with 4 characters, 1 mode and the rest is on-disc DLC? Because this is really getting insane...

Honestly, I rented this game and I felt gipped from the get go. The voiceovers suck, the character roster is weak, gem system is a hassle, the game is already loaded with glitches, the soundtrack is atrocious and there's a lot of copy/pasta. It really does feel like someone made a version of MUGEN with the PC version of SFIV and this was the result. This is just straightup awful.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: March 17, 2012, 06:20:58 AM »
dont know i could say capcom could sacrifice a new born baby to satan and im sure they would do something much worse than that

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: March 17, 2012, 05:09:10 PM »
dont know i could say capcom could sacrifice a new born baby to satan and im sure they would do something much worse than that

That the soul of said new born is burning in hell playing SxT for the rest of his existence?

Waifu Material

DeadlyRave-Neo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: March 19, 2012, 04:45:41 AM »
friends dont let friends use bosses

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: March 19, 2012, 06:12:27 AM »
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Capcom-Wants-Your-Help-Ban-Street-Fighter-X-Tekken-Hackers-40572.html

Not surprised, and yet I am.

I could rant like Riley Freeman for this kind of stuff, but all I'll say is this: "That ain't a good look Capcom."
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: March 19, 2012, 06:17:06 AM »
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Capcom-Wants-Your-Help-Ban-Street-Fighter-X-Tekken-Hackers-40572.html

Not surprised, and yet I am.

I could rant like Riley Freeman for this kind of stuff, but all I'll say is this: "That ain't a good look Capcom."
pff like anyone wants to be a capcop

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: March 19, 2012, 06:30:10 AM »
WANT TO BOOST YOUR CONFIDENCE?
DON'T HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
BEING LAUGHED AT BECAUSE OF LACK OF SKILL?

CAPCOM HAS YOUR ANSWERS!
NOW YOU'LL BE THE TALK OF THE TOWN WITH ULTIMATE GUARD!

Ultimate Guard can make it so that it takes 1/4 of your meter and you'll be able to tech those pesky throws, guard those cheap mix-ups and even avoid taking cheap-ass chip damage. Now is your time to stand proud as a man!*

*Ultimate Guard should not be taken with other gems and while operating heavy machinery. Side effects include extra salt, Cripple Scrub Syndrome, Hepatitis DLC, hollow victories, inability to perform in public and possible depression over Megaman.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: March 19, 2012, 01:14:53 PM »
^can't wait for people to fawn over my skill, when I skillfully attach that guard gem - just wow

Was checking out a cast by Dune/RF, where RF was reporting on the current scene.

Was saying that peeps are finding infinites at the pace of at least one per day. The thing he kept talking about though was the auto tech throw gem. Was saying that most people would get a sizable life lead, activate the gem and lame it out by crouching and guarding till time ran out (of course you have to react to the usual jumps/overheads, but you get the idea).

Apparently this is pretty strong to do....:(

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: March 19, 2012, 01:38:04 PM »
I wasn't joking when I thought this game was horrible, it's plain poorly made and you can honestly tell they slapped it together fast and with little thought. The timer is a pain and turns WAAAY too many games into timeouts and forces those behind to have to play dumb. This makes comebacks too hard to pull off too. While people were saying about how this was a problem for Marvel at first, but the fact of the matter is that it was only a problem in its earlier builds. As soon as -1 week Marvel had no issues with this. This makes defense play too good, which is the opposite of what they're trying to accomplish.

Then you couple it with how awful throws are in general, dumb infinites and stupid gems. This is just plain godawful.

I think that the only reason people are defending this game is that they're tired of playing SFIV and want something new, but don't want to play anything else.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: March 19, 2012, 02:22:15 PM »
Who needs auto tech gems when the own throws in the game are incredible bad?

Waifu Material

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: March 19, 2012, 06:48:24 PM »
so is this game gonna be labeled as a kusoge anytime soon?

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: March 19, 2012, 08:10:57 PM »
I guarantee you that this is going to be one of those games where everyone figures it out in the first month and retarded shit will be the norm. People will probably drop it right around the official release of the DLC.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: March 19, 2012, 08:18:35 PM »
Is the game selling well?

Today I saw the CE at a reduced price, it was a quick drop

Waifu Material