Author Topic: Street Fighter X Tekken  (Read 184385 times)

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Street Fighter X Tekken
« Reply #870 on: March 22, 2012, 03:10:19 AM »

Waifu Material

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: March 22, 2012, 03:24:44 AM »

I just don't get it. The FGC refuses to take Mugen seriously but this is okay? Whatever.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: March 22, 2012, 04:36:19 AM »
they would take it seriously if it was a capcom product

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: March 22, 2012, 05:46:59 AM »

I just don't get it. The FGC refuses to take Mugen seriously but this is okay? Whatever.

Because Mugen is still stupider than this.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: March 22, 2012, 06:01:25 AM »

Has a cooler name though >_> <_<.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: March 22, 2012, 07:31:20 AM »
Just listened to the Orochinagi podcast and I'm glad that The Answer and Juicebox thought SFxT was ass. Mirroring my thoughts that the only reason anyone is playing this is that it was announced for Evo. Mentioning Capcom Fighting Evolution, which is deliciously correct.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #876 on: March 22, 2012, 08:57:45 AM »
Proto got a link? I need to listen to this.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: March 22, 2012, 09:37:38 AM »
http://www.elive.pro/watch/Pf4RL6ycoJYl

I wish I had a time transcript, but they do have a list of the topics in sequential order. They talk about how dumbed down fighting games have become. Answer's entire reaction to SFxT is exactly the one I had.

I also totally agree with both their assessments on SFIV and what's exactly wrong with it too. I think my only problem with the broadcast is that they all bitch about how everything is getting easier with lower skill bars, but don't exactly put up any solutions to the table.

Honestly, I think that with smoother controls, in-depth tutorials that teach what you need to start, better online and story mode/campaign without having to dumb down the entire game itself is my solution to cater to everyone.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 09:39:30 AM by Proto Cloud »

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: March 24, 2012, 02:30:23 AM »
mmm, I bought the game to play with some friends here, but honestly, the game is a little boring, isn't bad, but is incredible meh

I will see if at least I can take some fun with my more casual friends and there see if I keep it or sell it

Waifu Material

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #879 on: March 24, 2012, 03:43:47 AM »

Yeah there's no unbeatable Broli (for the old school mugen heads!!!), Omega Tom Hanks, or even Omega Tiger Woods in SFxT...

Even still, this game is damn near borderline...

Badmantash13

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: March 24, 2012, 09:14:06 AM »
mmm, I bought the game to play with some friends here, but honestly, the game is a little boring, isn't bad, but is incredible meh

I will see if at least I can take some fun with my more casual friends and there see if I keep it or sell it
I kno wat u meani got the game when it 1stcome out now Iam back to playin kof 13.i do like the game but I think kof 13 is better.i do play stxtk but not as much as kof

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: March 27, 2012, 10:45:51 PM »
http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/sfxt-general-discussion-thread-rev-b.147257/page-217#post-6715055

It's official. Ultradavid thinks this game sucks. Can we drop this game from Evo now?

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: March 27, 2012, 11:06:22 PM »
You do realize UD also hates UMvC3 right?  So are we dropping that from EVO too?

Also, the whole DLC on Disc thing?  It all makes perfect sense when you remember who Gary Lake is.  My god why didn't I see it before?
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: March 28, 2012, 12:02:00 AM »
You do realize UD also hates UMvC3 right?  So are we dropping that from EVO too?

Also, the whole DLC on Disc thing?  It all makes perfect sense when you remember who Gary Lake is.  My god why didn't I see it before?
who?

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: March 28, 2012, 12:10:57 AM »
Gary Lake is the Director of Technology at Capcom (I believe, I think he still is.).

However back in the past, he used to work for Sega.  He's known for purposely writing in a file in the Sega Smash Pack (the game released on the same day the Dreamcast was announced to be discontinued and thus, dead) that allowed Echelon, the biggest known pirates of the DC era, to unlock every Sega Genesis game in history and play them on the Dreamcast, hidden on that disc.

Seems interesting when you consider how surprisingly easy it was to unlock the 12 Vita characters of SFxT.