Author Topic: Street Fighter X Tekken  (Read 182672 times)

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Street Fighter X Tekken
« Reply #975 on: May 18, 2012, 06:29:34 AM »
Been an interesting, unfortunate week for Capcom and SFxT. Feels like one of those sitcom scenarios where the parent (Capcom) is trying to convince someone (FGC and public) that the kid (SFxT) isn't a screw-up.

Capcom: "Look, I know he's messed up, but things are changing, for the better, I promise you."

FGC: "Really?"

Capcom: "Yes, and don't forget, he's competing more kids now than there were before."

FGC: "Sure, but..."

SFxT: "Capcom! Look what I can do!"

Screen freezes, but the laugh track still works. Hilarity ensues.

Seriously though, finally got to try out this game with King/Hwoarang, and there is a good game there amongst the bad. I'll probably ignore gems and such, but I do hope that if I get it this year, most of these problems can be resolved.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 06:37:27 AM by solidshark »
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: May 18, 2012, 06:33:17 AM »
Yeah well right now, Jebailey says if that glitch persists by the time CEO rolls around, Rolento will be banned.

Honestly, I'd take it to the extreme.  I'd say if the glitch isn't fixed, I'd remove SFxT entirely from the tourney (and of course, refund those who signed up for the tourney already if preregistering was done).
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: May 18, 2012, 06:37:27 AM »
Man, if Mr. Wiz had his chance he'd replace the tourney in EVO with a competition to see who can destroy their Strekken disc in the most creative way possible.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: May 18, 2012, 06:59:00 AM »
Man, if Mr. Wiz had his chance he'd replace the tourney in EVO with a competition to see who can destroy their Strekken disc in the most creative way possible.

Hey, that's why we got those side rooms at EVO.  The booth for that will be right next to DIVEKICK.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile

Waifu Material

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: May 21, 2012, 01:54:34 AM »
That video won't make much sense unless you watch the original meme.

Farming Simulator Mad Skill | No Plow | 360 Crop Rotation |

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: May 21, 2012, 08:36:33 AM »
eh honestly, the sxt video made sense

the one in the farm, I don't understand it

Waifu Material

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: May 21, 2012, 10:40:54 AM »
Understood both videos, I but I relate more to the SFxT vid, and wonder what inspired that farmer vid's style.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: August 21, 2012, 03:01:35 AM »
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/aug/18/evolution-2013-will-not-include-street-fighter-x-tekken/

Bet you $5 that a Capcom rep called Mr Wizard or one of the Evo higher ups and bitched at them.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: August 26, 2012, 11:03:12 AM »
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/aug/18/evolution-2013-will-not-include-street-fighter-x-tekken/

Bet you $5 that a Capcom rep called Mr Wizard or one of the Evo higher ups and bitched at them.

I'm willing to bet that there's a new Capcom fighter coming up, because usually that kind of stuff doesn't fly when Capcom is one of their major sponsors.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: August 26, 2012, 02:01:16 PM »
Unlikely, they would've announced it by now. Consider that Capcom usually hypes the game up 6 months before release they would have to announce it within 2 months and so far nothing's been leaked.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: August 27, 2012, 02:07:52 AM »
I'm just saying that because it's weird for them to drop a Capcom game like this and it's not like it had a bad turnout. Unless, they're giving up on their fighting game aspirations at the moment, which wouldn't surprise me seeing that Capcom always gives up on their franchises with the first signs of weakness. (see: Breath of Fire, Street Fighter III, Clover, Monster Hunter in the west)