Author Topic: The Tekken Tag 2 Thread  (Read 70719 times)

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: The Tekken Tag 2 Thread
« Reply #195 on: July 08, 2012, 11:24:14 PM »
Alex and P. Jack are kinda nice to see back, nothing really to get excited about though, I would really prefer they just come up with 1 or 2 new characters rather than feel beholden to do all these throwbacks, but I guess this makes people happy so whatevs.
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

Terrastorm

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 05, 2012, 01:14:29 AM »
So this game comes out in a week guys. WHY IS THERE NO HYPE?

Live stream, the game is pretty.

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 05, 2012, 01:34:57 AM »

Live stream, the game is pretty.

Well there is quite a bit of hype that I can gauge in other places, however it seems that pretty much no one around here is hype for it.
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

KarnF91

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 05, 2012, 09:05:19 PM »
Picking it up first chance I get on Tuesday since I finally pre-ordered it a few weeks back.  I'm excited for the game and I can't wait to get my hands on it.  But I wouldn't call my interest hype though. I will put a lot of time in it though, it looks better than Tekken 6 by far. 

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 06, 2012, 12:53:38 PM »

Personally cause the first thing people heard was the engine is based on Tekken 6. I don't think Tekken 6 was as well received as Tekken 5DR and the population is doing a wait and see on it. I could be wrong, but early on I heard a lot of grumbles about this.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #200 on: September 06, 2012, 06:43:01 PM »
Tekken is Tekken to me.

Only things that really bothered me about T6 was the way bound combo's worked and of course, the rage, but I don't think rage is that huge a deciding factor at making comebacks compared to some other gimmicks out there.

I liked T6 for what it was, but I definitely preferred the T5/DR formula more.

KarnF91

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 06, 2012, 07:41:10 PM »
T5/DR was very good imo.  I don't know what it was with T6 but I couldn't never get into it.  While this game looks to use the same engine as T6, fundamentally it is a very different game.  I think a lot of people are excited for the game but like myself they are not hype for it. 

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 06, 2012, 10:14:15 PM »

Personally cause the first thing people heard was the engine is based on Tekken 6. I don't think Tekken 6 was as well received as Tekken 5DR and the population is doing a wait and see on it. I could be wrong, but early on I heard a lot of grumbles about this.

Even though the engine is based off of Tekken 6's it's been heavily revamped as the graphics have improved overall, the engine also had issues handling 4 characters on screen initially so they had to go back and make tweaks.

Also I heard very few complaints about the game engine and such, although while I personally didn't hear many people who were displeased with them not building a new system from the ground up, that could just be because of the sites I go to, the location I live in etc.

Tekken is Tekken to me.

Only things that really bothered me about T6 was the way bound combo's worked and of course, the rage, but I don't think rage is that huge a deciding factor at making comebacks compared to some other gimmicks out there.

I liked T6 for what it was, but I definitely preferred the T5/DR formula more.

What exactly about T5 appealed to you more? Was it just the abscence of the mechanics you mentioned or was it something else?

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #203 on: September 07, 2012, 12:18:31 AM »
I guess it's just the fact that DR is more a bit more like old school Tekken is what makes it appealing to me, especially after all the changes 4 brought about.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 07, 2012, 12:21:44 PM »
Just to clarify I play Tekken 6. It's not a bad game IMO. There were problems with it one being making it easier to attack while an opponent is down is really bad on laggy matches, and it seems like the newer characters are more gimmicky with fireballs or heads rolling on the floor (to be honest though Dr. B and Gon in Tekken 3 were gimmicky as well so this isn't a new thing) it does kinda make me personally gravitate toward 5DR more often. I am a little old school as well sinceI have been playing Tekken since te 1st game came out in the arcade.

TT2 can be totally different then T6 but have someone yell out if you didn't like T6 then you probably won't like TT2 will take some of the hype train down since T6 did lose a bit of fanbase. Maybe for the problems with the netcode, maybe for other things, but I feel T6 didn't have the fan base behind it like T5DR did. Again just my opinion.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 07, 2012, 07:50:24 PM »
I actually am very hype about TTT2. I often go on YT to see if there's any more footage of it.

This video in particular got me super hype!

EDIT: MORE HYPE!!!

« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 12:34:46 AM by marchefelix »

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 10, 2012, 08:44:57 AM »
Anyone got their team already decided? Or got their eyes on some characters? And in the news the intrigue (and potentially the cast) has thickend once again.   http://shoryuken.com/2012/09/09/rumor-additional-characters-found-hidden-on-tekken-tag-tournament-2-disc/                                                                                 

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 10, 2012, 06:57:22 PM »
yeah  Lee-Leo and Yoshimitsu-Devil Jin
Their the 4 characters out of the 10 I played with that i fell most comfortable .

KarnF91

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 11, 2012, 12:47:00 AM »
My team will most likely have Nina in it, I'm think JC Lili maybe a Mishima.  I won't know until I get my hands on it tomorrow.  I picked up the strategy guide today, it's very well written.  It's easy to find the frame data and the character overviews are great.  It has so much info for beginning, intermediate and, advanced players.  At least I have nothing to do tomorrow, the install will take forever though :(

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 11, 2012, 04:20:16 AM »
Personally i'm gonna be running a Leo/Jin team (at least at first), hope there continues to be good character variety going forward on console. Hopefully the install isn't too bad since it's apparently around 7.5 GB and i'm sill on an old 80GB drive that is getting rather full...