Author Topic: The Tekken Tag 2 Thread  (Read 70634 times)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: The Tekken Tag 2 Thread
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2012, 09:50:45 PM »
But the T4 Hoodie makes him auto S-Tier.  Who can stand up to that hoodie?
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2012, 09:56:35 PM »
is the hoodie not one of his customize outfits that you can give him?  Or is he too cool and grown up for that, now?
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2012, 11:32:54 PM »
He had a lower tier hoodie in T5, as for a a custom hoodie, i never tried him that much in T5 or T6 so don't know if you can add such outfit.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2012, 02:38:03 AM »
But the T4 Hoodie makes him auto S-Tier.  Who can stand up to that hoodie?

Bryan Fury's jacket in T4...

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2012, 02:39:36 AM »
...Maybe...I think it still loses the matchup though.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2012, 03:45:51 AM »
Fans of Bryan got that jacket back in T5DR, Jin didn't get anything great imo other than angel wings...

As far as naming goes, they can't just name it Tekken 7, it would be too soon... Keeping it as Tekken Tag 2 is fine... I just hope they keep the tag option in future games...

Pair play was a great add-in... Everytime I played with 3 other friends, we took shots everytime someone dropped a tag combo, and every combo that was done had to be a tag combo... Then we took it down a notch, and it ended up being whoever dropped a combo period had to take a shot... Fun times...

I need regular Ogre back though...

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2012, 04:05:00 AM »
Quite frankly I don't get all this talk about Tekken 7 like come on people it's obvious that the 1v1,2v1 and pair play are not going to be central to the game and are meant to flesh out the game more for casual play and hopefully draw in new players. They can't just move on to T7 but they've likely gotten feedback from people that 1v1 and other things like that are important to them which could be why they've decided to do these things.
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2012, 06:05:00 AM »
Quite frankly I don't get all this talk about Tekken 7 like come on people it's obvious that the 1v1,2v1 and pair play are not going to be central to the game and are meant to flesh out the game more for casual play and hopefully draw in new players. They can't just move on to T7 but they've likely gotten feedback from people that 1v1 and other things like that are important to them which could be why they've decided to do these things.

People are too anxious, and because there were too many changes to this game, people are crying saying it should just be called T7 already... We know why they did what they did, it's obvious... It's also obvious that T7 isn't coming out for awhile... We also gotta realize that there's alot of new heads getting into the game, and they're talking like they've been in for so long, but they don't know how things work with Namco... It's like young cats already crying about getting KOF XIV and XIII is still kicking mad strong...

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2012, 07:12:29 AM »
It's not that.  I know T7 isn't coming out any time soon, if anything it won't be out until Next Gen consoles due to how long it will take to get TTT2 on consoles, and then of course TxSF and its entire development.  I'm saying that it seems pointless to have TTT2 have both options.  If anything, it's just essentially the Tekken version of KOF98 and 02.

But honestly, my gripe is aesthetic and meaningless more than anything.  It's the equivalent of me being annoyed by UMvC3 when in reality Marvel games have been hit by yearly updates too, only taking the form of a different name.  It's just my belief that, at least after TTT2, there should be no more TTT games since you might as well just assimilate it into your main Tekken games instead of only allowing the tag option every decade.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2012, 08:08:26 AM »
I'm pretty sure they might still keep the tradition of 3 games, then a tag game...

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2012, 08:53:03 AM »
I just don't see the point.  If you're gonna put the singles part in the tag game, then you might as well do it vice-versa.  And then instead just make the game you would've used as the Tag Game as a full blown Dream Match and bring back EVERYONE from the dead and such.  I mean, it follows the same formula as the KOF games (3 games, then DM), so you might as well go all the way in that regard.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2012, 09:19:31 AM »
I thought they did 4 games then a Dream Match??? 94-97, and 99-2001 were regular KoFs, then 98 and 02 were Dream Matches...

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2012, 11:29:47 AM »
Well for starters the tag mechanic isn't meant to be just some sort of gimmick that they just throw in for the hell of it or that it's the new cool trend to have assists and tag gameplay or anything like that, rather they built the game around these concepts and again they're likely only doing this 1v1 stuff because when it comes down to it casuals are going to look at it and say to themselves "how many modes does this game have" or "how many options do I have when playing". and will have no effect whatsoever on competitive or serious players. While maybe they will experiment more in the future blurring the line between dedicated tag and singles games but for the time being it doesn't seem all that likely. Also it really annoys me when people say that they should just bring back everyone completely disregarding any possible issues involving balance, time, money the fact that a lot of people already complain that there are too many characters as is and at the end of the day it just doesn't add up.
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2012, 05:12:52 PM »
Alright, fine, I'm stupid and I don't know shit about Tekken so honestly, I shouldn't talk about it.  I apologize for taking it as far as I did.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2012, 09:39:10 PM »
Well for starters the tag mechanic isn't meant to be just some sort of gimmick that they just throw in for the hell of it or that it's the new cool trend to have assists and tag gameplay or anything like that, rather they built the game around these concepts and again they're likely only doing this 1v1 stuff because when it comes down to it casuals are going to look at it and say to themselves "how many modes does this game have" or "how many options do I have when playing".

I'm pretty sure we're all well aware of that...

...and will have no effect whatsoever on competitive or serious players.

It depends. In terms of balance, if the rage boost affects a character who is already considered ridiculously strong, then yeah of course someone's gonna blow the whistle on that and say something, and that in turn may affect how tourneys run this game...

Also it really annoys me when people say that they should just bring back everyone completely disregarding any possible issues involving balance, time, money the fact that a lot of people already complain that there are too many characters as is and at the end of the day it just doesn't add up.

Well, for starters, people have been crying about Eddy and Christie being separate characters, and it happened... People wanted classic Jin style to return, and Devil Jin was truly born... There's only about 5 characters missing from the Tekken universe; I'm sure there's no big issue in adding them in... And 40 characters in a 3d fighting game isn't a big, when in SC3 you had damn near 40+ when you count special guest characters... If they were to make another one several years down the road and add all the characters in the SC universe, it would definitely go past 40...

2D fighting fans are always crying for more characters (*cough* *cough* MVC3OMG *cough*)... Sure, it's a 2D game, but compare the balance of that game vs T6... Compare the balancing of the first MvC3 and T6-- T6 had more characters at that point, and was more balanced than MvC3 was... 2D vs 3D doesn't matter at this point either...