Author Topic: The Tekken Tag 2 Thread  (Read 70750 times)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: The Tekken Tag 2 Thread
« Reply #105 on: April 18, 2012, 05:24:07 AM »
Cynicism.  But you're probably right.  I honestly have nothing better to do right now than play a weak Devil's Advocate.  Agreeing with everything would be horribly boring.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 18, 2012, 12:41:26 PM »
No, they'll take notice if TxSF crushes them.  It's one thing for other games to beat them in sales, most of the ones that do have precedence doing so, and it tends to not bother them.  However, if they get beat down by a game that has the exact same properties (roster wise, you know what I mean), and they get destroyed by someone else making a game with their own characters?  Well, whose ego WOULDN'T be affected by that?  It's almost like saying someone else can do your trademark better than you, and everyone else likes them doing it better than you doing your own work.

If Capcom somehow ignores that, I'll almost have to compliment them, because they'd be shaking off a huge kick to their balls.

In the argument of sales vs. Capcom, pretty much this. If TxSF follows a similar formula to what TTT2 is doing (no disc-hidden DLC, SCV-strengthened netcode, etc), it'll be worth supporting just to show Capcom what people like better obviously. TTT2 is looking very much Day 1 for me, even if just to support what looks to be sound decisions with the game and gamers in-mind. Still curious about the other console characters (hoping for Kunimitsu like everyone else).
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #107 on: April 18, 2012, 09:39:35 PM »
Watch Shin Kamiya make a return even though he was never a fighter...

I've been waiting so long to have Kunimitsu make a comeback... Capcom teased us with a cameo appearance, so it's not like she's forgotten...

I'm surprised Combot is back though... Does that mean Violet will return with a separate movelist??? That would be rather interesting if that ever happened... Of course I know who he really is, but it would still be interesting to see...

Doctor B, and Gon might come back I'm sure... Gon was owned by Bandai, so now that they merged with Namco, we might be seeing them...

I'm surprised I haven't heard anyone talking about having separate Julia and Michelle characters alongside JayCee, since the tag games are basically dream matches...

Oh yeah, there's this:

And this:

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 19, 2012, 04:54:45 AM »
Ugh. I'd rather they not bring Shin Kamiya. Last thing I need to remember is that awful film.

But if they are going to go nuts with the character roster, I would like to at least one new character added and normal Ogre.

But man, I'm still surprised by the September release. I swear they were going to set it to release by the end of the year.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 09:02:26 PM by marchefelix »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 19, 2012, 09:36:54 PM »
It's a simple contrast.  Harada being more personal wants what's best for the players and to put out the best game.  The heads of Namco Bandai want as much money as possible and they know important DLC will be the driving force behind that.

It's pretty much the same in every company.  As much as people hate on Ono in Capcom, I doubt he was talking with his Blanka toy thinking about creative ways to make players pay more DLC (other than maybe the Gem System).
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 19, 2012, 10:13:20 PM »
You shouldn't have put that link up felix...you just gave yourself away.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 19, 2012, 11:52:56 PM »

Please elaborate on what you mean by "gave myself away"

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 20, 2012, 01:45:10 AM »
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/04/17/tekken-director-if-tekken-tag-tournament-2-has-dlc-fighters-they-will-be-free/

FREE DLC?!? Yes please!
*slow clap*
EDIT: I read that, then come across this:
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/07/19/namco-bandai-selling-full-games-is-no-good/
                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Fair enough however I would say a) as Saitsuo pointed out this is just the CEO's opinion not an official Namco Bandai policy b) even if it was a official policy that each game had to have a certain amount of DLC Harada has said they are open to charging for new character customization pieces. C) that quote is almost 2 years old now and I can't say that Namco has turned into the DLC monster or anything like that. Also I can't presume to know what Proto means but I think it may have to do with the other content on that site because I just went to their homepage and all I have to say is woooow and that I imediately deleted it from my internet history. Note: text is improperly alligned because my phone is being a bitch and I don't have a computer in front of me right now.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 01:51:19 AM by baccano1932 »
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

KarnF91

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 20, 2012, 03:20:07 AM »

I'm going to assume it's all of the NSFW stuff on that website.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 20, 2012, 06:52:17 AM »
That website is...nevermind...

But yeah, the CEO is a CEO. Just like John Riticello, Bobby Kottick, Yves Guillemot and so on. They love money and would like to see more of it any way they can. It isn't the first time this has happened, THQ also said something like this, saying that they wanted to sell games for 40 bucks to lure customers and then charge them to get the full game on DLC. Kottick said that if it was possible, he'd sell his games for 70 bucks.

Nothing new here, at least they're not on the level of scummy as Bank of America is.

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 22, 2012, 08:06:13 PM »
New interview W/Harada with a hinting at the return of clone type characters similar to previous Tekken games.

The actual interview starts at 1:32
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 22, 2012, 08:29:52 PM »
Hmm...and Harada did say he wants 50+ for TTT2, and we're at 44 now.  That would give him a quick way to boost the number of characters.  And it's not a bad line of thinking, when making a tag game or a game where players are forced to play multiple characters, it doesn't hurt to have some play similarly (though the irony now being that he's deciding to do this for TTT2 AFTER already implementing a way to let players only play one character).

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 23, 2012, 03:37:16 AM »
I just hope this doesn't ruin balance. Last thing we need is T4 Jin/Steve or vanilla 6 Bob.

I'm guessing he's going to add everyone that's missing in the Tekken universe to make the ultimate Tekken game.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #119 on: April 23, 2012, 11:15:49 AM »
I thought it was vanilla T5 Steve that was ridiculous cuz he had an infinite?