Author Topic: The Tekken Tag 2 Thread  (Read 69955 times)

KarnF91

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: The Tekken Tag 2 Thread
« Reply #210 on: September 11, 2012, 05:16:32 AM »
I'm on a 60GB still so this takes up about 13% of that lol.  I've got about 14GB open still once I saw the size.  I think I'll upgrade the HDD here shortly though.

I pre-ordered this from Gamestop, got an interesting call from Anna Williams saying my pre order will be ready tomorrow.  Was good for a laugh, I'd imagine some people have some explaining to do lol.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 11, 2012, 08:06:25 PM »
I'm probably just neurotic, but it irritates me that the final number of playable characters in TTT2 is a prime number (59), with the new DLC characters and all. Couldn't they have just made Devil Kazuya a separate character and have it be an even 60?

Also, some of the new DLC characters are lol... Violet (Lee's alter ego) and Lili's butler are just lol

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
  • Lame puns are long gone
    • View Profile
    • Techno Panic Fighting Game Project
« Reply #212 on: September 12, 2012, 02:10:05 AM »
The team I intend to stick for now are Jin and Hwoarang at the moment.
Make sure you guys keep track of your Netsu systems; some of the characters know each other.
For a good example: Jin has a neutral relationship with Hwoarang but Hwoarang get a Netsu a lot quicker than Jin does.

Depending on the characters standpoint, you can control when you may get your Netsu.
The other characters that most people will see me play are Raven, Lee, Alisa, Nina, Feng, Lars, Christie, Lili, Kazuya, Asuka, Devil Jin, Lei, Leo, Paul, Forrest, and Jaycee. These characters should give the right variety...
Tekken Tag Tournament is going to be fun...!!

Mazinkaiser

• Strongest Tiger
  • Debiru Mashin
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 12, 2012, 04:29:37 PM »
ehm >.>, Netsu means what?

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
  • Lame puns are long gone
    • View Profile
    • Techno Panic Fighting Game Project
« Reply #214 on: September 12, 2012, 06:03:13 PM »
O_0 ...Netsu is a well known yet subtle game mechanic from the first TTT. (T6 takes this aspect from TTT thus creating the rage system which is technically not present anymore as of TTT2). If the one character on your team takes a certain amount of damage then the other character gets a damage boost for moment when they tag in. Should the character you are playing get hurt, your secondary character gets Netsu = a increased damage output. The character relationships influence this as well. This should have already been made clear however:
Here
Level Up Your Game - Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Prologue - System Mechanics
and here...
http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/wiki/Tekken_Tag_Tournament_2/System/Netsu_Relationship_Chart

« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 06:23:50 PM by Great_Dark_Hero »

KarnF91

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 14, 2012, 08:37:26 AM »
So how has the online been for everyone so far?  I've played a few games including a person in Taiwan and it was pretty solid.  Was playing in player matches, I got owned pretty badly. Wouldn't mind trying to play some games with some of you if you're on PS3.

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 14, 2012, 10:33:34 PM »
So how has the online been for everyone so far?  I've played a few games including a person in Taiwan and it was pretty solid.  Was playing in player matches, I got owned pretty badly. Wouldn't mind trying to play some games with some of you if you're on PS3.

For the most part it's pretty good as long as you and your opponent have stable connections, since i've had matches that have gone from 5 to 1 and back to 5 again in the matter of like 10 seconds so for some people on wireless or with unstable connections theres going to be major issues. So in general it should be fine so long as your connection us up to par and don't play people with unstable coonnections.

I would be up for playing you and my PSN is the same as my name here.

Also new hacked footage with DLC stages (4 in total) with some of the new DLC characters.

DLC stage 2
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 14, 2012, 11:14:22 PM »
On 360 the usual mixed bag. When it's going well it plays great. However I've had the will not sync no matter what and as I call it fun lag meaning something on my end added extra lag just for TT2. Played other games and it was fine. Certain games end up doing that to me from time to time. All in all better then T6.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 15, 2012, 12:39:05 AM »
On 360 the usual mixed bag. When it's going well it plays great. However I've had the will not sync no matter what and as I call it fun lag meaning something on my end added extra lag just for TT2. Played other games and it was fine. Certain games end up doing that to me from time to time. All in all better then T6.

Thats true but pretty much anything other KOF XII levels of lag would be better than Tekken 6's online. So yeah just be careful about who you play and as well from my experience your better off playing player matches since you get to pick who you want to play and for me the matching in ranked takes way longer than in other games, like almost as long as Third Strike online did.
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

KarnF91

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 15, 2012, 03:02:09 AM »
My connection isn't the strongest but it is stable for the most part and I used wired connection for PS3 and 360.  My problem comes when people in my house start downloading stuff.   Wouldn't mind giving it a try, my PSN is Karn0010.  I hope to play some more games online later tonight and see how it does.  

I've spent most of the time today learning how to use Jun.  I'm having a hard time finding someone to go with Nina.  Tried Anna for a while, she is okay just don't feel comfortable with her.  Tried Lili, once again I like her but just not feeling it pairing her with Nina.  Haven't fought much with Nina/Jun yet but I'm really like Jun so far.  I think I might like Asuka too, the tekkenzaibatsu Jun fourm is full of Jun/Asuka stuff.

I haven't looked much into the next DLC characters and stuff yet.  I think it's funny that all the stuff is on the disc.  Capcom had all that on the SFxT disc and that blew up on them in a hurry.  I think Namco has it right, making that stuff free.

Overall I'm impressed with the game.  First thing I noticed was how smooth everything looked graphically.  The Rage system is a bit of an annoyance to me.  Theoretically I know how to control it, and I'm starting to but it's overwhelming at times.  Especially 2v1, I'm finding it so important to make sure there is no red health after you knock them under 50%.  With more experience I don't think it'll be a problem.

EDIT 
Played quite a few matches online tonight and it was pretty smooth.  Mostly had 2-4bars, more on the 3 and 4 bars.  Fought one guy who was clearly on wireless, he'd go from 4 bars to 2 and back alot.  That had some hiccups in it, not too bad though.  I realized after I was done playing that I didn't have my router configured.  I had to restart my network earlier and forgot about it.
I want to say the online is as good if not better than VF5: FS, that has really good netplay.  I want to wait for about a month before I say for sure.

I'm really liking Jun, I never played her in T2.  I'm having problems making TA combos with her and Nina.  I can't find good TA filler for either character.  So I end up getting to the TA do the moves and I have no end move sadly.  I hope to figure that out soon. 

« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 07:49:29 AM by KarnF91 »

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 15, 2012, 03:03:16 PM »

Thats true but pretty much anything other KOF XII levels of lag would be better than Tekken 6's online. So yeah just be careful about who you play and as well from my experience your better off playing player matches since you get to pick who you want to play and for me the matching in ranked takes way longer than in other games, like almost as long as Third Strike online did.

The Ranked matches wasn't horrible for me. The only problem I see if you call it that is right now on the 360 a lot of better players are hanging on the ranked matches so if you are still learning be warned in going on ranked and stick with player. If you don't have the new tag combos down it gets like KOF XIII when you play someone who knows how to combo. One mistake and it's hard to come back from it.

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 18, 2012, 12:02:34 AM »

The Ranked matches wasn't horrible for me. The only problem I see if you call it that is right now on the 360 a lot of better players are hanging on the ranked matches so if you are still learning be warned in going on ranked and stick with player. If you don't have the new tag combos down it gets like KOF XIII when you play someone who knows how to combo. One mistake and it's hard to come back from it.

Personally i've had some issues with quite a few people who I suspect were on wireless, however this probably more of a PS3 problem than a 360 issue, as well I haven't noticed that much of adifference in player skill level between ranked and player matches, although I do agree that it can be rather difficult to come back from a 50+% damage juggle.

Also does anyone have an opinion on the recent Kunimitsu and Ancient Ogre controversies?

TTT2 Mids Whiff on Crouching Kunimitsu

Ancient Ogre Infinite Kicks... Infinite. *facepalm*

A note to consider in the Ancient Ogre case is that the infinite only works if the 3rd hit of the string hits after the first two are blocked

KarnF91

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 18, 2012, 02:45:50 AM »
The stuff with Kunimitsu and Ancient Orge was bound to happen.  There is only so much you can test before a games release or in this case day one DLC characters.  These things can only be found by hours of play in matches or in training mode.  I haven't watched the vids yet, but from reading, Kunimitsu only ducks under some mids.  I don't see it as much of a problem as I do the infinite.  I'll be interesting to see what Namco does, as of now it's not the big of a deal.  If we're talking about it a couple months from now, then we might have a problem.

I've only played one ranked match so I don't know about the skill levels in it.  I've had some mixed days with this game online now.  When you get someone who is on wireless I can tell.  Wired it plays smoothly for me 2-5 bars, and sometimes on 1 bar. 

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 18, 2012, 07:25:33 AM »
We can't complain because it's not a Capcom game, right?

Well, in a serious tone, it happens, it's not like vG makers can see all possible glitches and bugs in games. At least now we have patches, which still doesn't mean such patches will fix everything, they even can create other glitches.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 18, 2012, 12:22:24 PM »
Just curious did anybody else's weekend matches feel like they were playing on Tekken 6 netcode again? Dunno if my internet just sucked or what but the delay on the matches this weekend was horrible. Love watching people spamming the same move over and over or hitting you while you are down and can't get back up in time for the win. Good times.