Author Topic: The Tekken Tag 2 Thread  (Read 69979 times)

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The Tekken Tag 2 Thread
« Reply #225 on: September 19, 2012, 12:07:55 AM »
Looking at the Kuni whiff video, is it bad of me to think there isn't a problem with it since it actually looks like those should whiff? Xiaoyu looks to be in-range of the mids, and Kuni doesn't. If Kunimitsu is in the strategy guide, can anyone check to see if she's supposed to be able to whiff those?
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

KarnF91

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 19, 2012, 12:52:37 AM »
The day one DLC characters are not in the guide. 

People complain about Capcom games because there is a perceived track record there, fair or not.  Namco doesn't have that so the community seems to be forgiving of it.  That and these two things don't seems to be game breaking.

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 19, 2012, 01:52:29 AM »
The stuff with Kunimitsu and Ancient Orge was bound to happen.  There is only so much you can test before a games release or in this case day one DLC characters.  These things can only be found by hours of play in matches or in training mode.  I haven't watched the vids yet, but from reading, Kunimitsu only ducks under some mids.  I don't see it as much of a problem as I do the infinite.  I'll be interesting to see what Namco does, as of now it's not the big of a deal.  If we're talking about it a couple months from now, then we might have a problem.

I've only played one ranked match so I don't know about the skill levels in it.  I've had some mixed days with this game online now.  When you get someone who is on wireless I can tell.  Wired it plays smoothly for me 2-5 bars, and sometimes on 1 bar.  
Personally I feel the infinite is rather situational and isn't a huge problem, whereas with Kunimitsu now a whiffed mid that is supposed to hit can now potentially be launch punished and deal out a boatload of completly unwarranted damage.

Just curious did anybody else's weekend matches feel like they were playing on Tekken 6 netcode again? Dunno if my internet just sucked or what but the delay on the matches this weekend was horrible. Love watching people spamming the same move over and over or hitting you while you are down and can't get back up in time for the win. Good times.
Some of my matches were ridiculously bad like people were very intentionally exploiting bad lag and played in a manner that clearly sent off a bunch of red flags in my head about a large number of people who play the game online.

Looking at the Kuni whiff video, is it bad of me to think there isn't a problem with it since it actually looks like those should whiff? Xiaoyu looks to be in-range of the mids, and Kuni doesn't. If Kunimitsu is in the strategy guide, can anyone check to see if she's supposed to be able to whiff those?
The way a move animates and the level in which it hits are completly different things as there are numerous moves that look like a low hitting move that are mids, there are moves that look like high hitting moves that are mids and so on. So in other words the way moves look and act are different things. As well the fact that mids whiff on her and no one else not only violates a core mechanic of the game but also gives Kunimitsu a ridiculous advantage that no other character has.

In regards to the community reaction to these problems I think it also has to do with Harada and the way in which he has been very receptive to people and seems to have the players interests at the forefront of his descision making whereas Capcom doesn't.

Also heres a new video showing one of Steve's mids hitting a grounded Jinpachi at certain angles (at around :40), which also should be addresed in a future patch along with the previously mentioned problems.

Jinpachi Crash
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 20, 2012, 08:24:27 PM »
So, umm... swimsuits.

What do you guys think of them?

(In this game, that is...)

KarnF91

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 20, 2012, 09:41:09 PM »
Nothing really special about them in my opinion.

As for the game, it is a good game.  I can't think of any one thing that is wrong with the game.  But I'm all ready bored with the game.  I thought the Tag mechanics would change the game enough from T6 but it hasn't.  I think some of it is the characters to me are just boring.  I can't figure out what it is about this game and T6, they're just not fun to me.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 21, 2012, 08:52:50 PM »
I thought the swimsuits were straight out disappointing.

As for the game being boring, I can't really say because I've yet to play it. But just from watching vids of people playing this I got really excited. I couldn't possibly think that this would be a game that would bore me when I played it.

Maybe you need to try out other characters or maybe... get better at it. =P

KarnF91

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 21, 2012, 11:55:27 PM »
The problem isn't that I'm not good at it.  I don't know what it is that makes it boring, T6 did the same thing to me.  There is nothing wrong with the game that I can find.  After 100+ hours I just don't feel like playing. 

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 22, 2012, 12:11:16 AM »
What is wrong with the swimsuits? I don't have the game so i ask.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 22, 2012, 01:59:31 AM »

As for the game, it is a good game.  I can't think of any one thing that is wrong with the game.  But I'm all ready bored with the game.  I thought the Tag mechanics would change the game enough from T6 but it hasn't.  I think some of it is the characters to me are just boring.  I can't figure out what it is about this game and T6, they're just not fun to me.

In my opinion the difference I see in T6 and TT2 compared to a T5DR is the sheer amount of characters that are easy to spam the same crap and get away with winning. I can understand why thatt is with the push to get new blood in, but for players who played Tekken for a long time you go online and see the same crap over and over. After a while it just seems monotonous. I am aso not saying games before T6 didn't have EO characters but the more of them you throw in the more people will use them. Eventually you flood a game with them and the game gets tiring.

Again it's just my 2 cents on it but that's what I see and my reason why I only play Tekken here and there compared to what I used to.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

KarnF91

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 22, 2012, 10:55:42 PM »
A lot of the characters are very similar, they have a few wrinkles that can make them play differently though.  For me the fighting in T6 and this is just boring.  It's just disappointing because there really isn't anything wrong with the game. 

As for the swimsuits, they're just ordinary swimsuits.  Each character has one model of the swimsuit, with three different colors.  Just nothing special about them.

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 23, 2012, 12:38:23 AM »

In my opinion the difference I see in T6 and TT2 compared to a T5DR is the sheer amount of characters that are easy to spam the same crap and get away with winning. I can understand why thatt is with the push to get new blood in, but for players who played Tekken for a long time you go online and see the same crap over and over. After a while it just seems monotonous. I am aso not saying games before T6 didn't have EO characters but the more of them you throw in the more people will use them. Eventually you flood a game with them and the game gets tiring.

Again it's just my 2 cents on it but that's what I see and my reason why I only play Tekken here and there compared to what I used to.

Well in the past a lot of characters did have strings like the ones the characters currently have, it's just that most characters have more of them and it requires more thinking to get around them by using movement options, interrupting them with counter hits and numerous other things that result in them being far from being a central part of a winning strategy. And yes there are too many characters but this is what happens when fans mindlessly request/demand everyone who's ever existed in the series and unlike certain other games *cough* KOF 13 *cough* they went too far with it just to try and appease everyone.

A lot of the characters are very similar, they have a few wrinkles that can make them play differently though.  For me the fighting in T6 and this is just boring.  It's just disappointing because there really isn't anything wrong with the game. 

As for the swimsuits, they're just ordinary swimsuits.  Each character has one model of the swimsuit, with three different colors.  Just nothing special about them.

Well is it a matter of playstyle, mechanics, characters or something else? Cause I don't quite see what your complaint is that makes the game boring. Plus I think the swimsuits were just something they threw in to try and get more preorders and were a bit of an afterthought as Harada himself said that quite a few people had requested them and he originally hadn't thought about outfits like that.
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 23, 2012, 11:53:55 AM »
I'm not saying TT2 AND T6 were not deep fighters. They are. The problem lies with the monotony online looking for easy wins with lag I guess.  If you compare it to KOF XIII it would be like going online and whether you had lag or not everybody wants to just throw fireballs to win. Can you get around it? Yes. Are you winning? Yes. Is it any fun to stop the same crap over and over?  No. When it was only a couple of stupid characters you can overlook it cause most did not feel a compulsion to play one. The original TT you had Eddy, Jun, Devil Kazuya (laser), and Baek. Now there's those characters plus LiLi, Asuka, Devil Jin (laser),  Christie, and Alisa. Out of 59 characters there are only  9 I would consider a beginner spam type (I could be missing a few but those are the main ones I see spammed). That's not that bad, but that's also close to what MVC2 ran with for high level play. So, I'm sure that's enough to where spammers get a variety and the players who want to learn, play, and have fun with the game get to sit here and beat down the same B.S. game in and game out. That's why I say it can get boring to a point to limiting how much time you spend on it. I, by all means, do not feel that this game is not worth the money or that there isn't a deep fighting system in it as well. IT's a great game just catering to beginners has it's drawbacks.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 23, 2012, 10:31:52 PM »
I'm not saying TT2 AND T6 were not deep fighters. They are. The problem lies with the monotony online looking for easy wins with lag I guess.  If you compare it to KOF XIII it would be like going online and whether you had lag or not everybody wants to just throw fireballs to win. Can you get around it? Yes. Are you winning? Yes. Is it any fun to stop the same crap over and over?  No. When it was only a couple of stupid characters you can overlook it cause most did not feel a compulsion to play one. The original TT you had Eddy, Jun, Devil Kazuya (laser), and Baek. Now there's those characters plus LiLi, Asuka, Devil Jin (laser),  Christie, and Alisa. Out of 59 characters there are only  9 I would consider a beginner spam type (I could be missing a few but those are the main ones I see spammed). That's not that bad, but that's also close to what MVC2 ran with for high level play. So, I'm sure that's enough to where spammers get a variety and the players who want to learn, play, and have fun with the game get to sit here and beat down the same B.S. game in and game out. That's why I say it can get boring to a point to limiting how much time you spend on it. I, by all means, do not feel that this game is not worth the money or that there isn't a deep fighting system in it as well. IT's a great game just catering to beginners has it's drawbacks.

But you could say this about practically every fighting game online where there really isn't all that much competition and most of the players are kinda crap. As well not very good players spam strings and specific moves in every game regardless of whether they're good or not so you can't really say this is in some way unique to the recent Tekken games.

KarnF91

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 24, 2012, 01:14:28 AM »

Well in the past a lot of characters did have strings like the ones the characters currently have, it's just that most characters have more of them and it requires more thinking to get around them by using movement options, interrupting them with counter hits and numerous other things that result in them being far from being a central part of a winning strategy. And yes there are too many characters but this is what happens when fans mindlessly request/demand everyone who's ever existed in the series and unlike certain other games *cough* KOF 13 *cough* they went too far with it just to try and appease everyone.

Well is it a matter of playstyle, mechanics, characters or something else? Cause I don't quite see what your complaint is that makes the game boring. Plus I think the swimsuits were just something they threw in to try and get more preorders and were a bit of an afterthought as Harada himself said that quite a few people had requested them and he originally hadn't thought about outfits like that.

It's not one thing with the game.  It's just a bunch of little thing that add up.  Tekken has and still fits my play style.  Mechanically the game is fine, it's nothing special but there are not any glaring problems.  I think the Rage system needs some adjustments.  I like how it is with the tag system, it adds some strategy to managing it.  As for characters, a lot of them are just clones of another character with some wrinkles to make them somewhat different.  Some are just boring (That happens in any game though.)

I don't know what it is about the game I can't really pin it on anything.  The most interesting aspect of the game to me.  Managing the rage system as a tag team isn't enough to keep me interested in the game.  Like I said it's just a lot of little things that just make the game boring to me.  What ever it is, it was like this in T6 for me as well.  I think this is what annoys me the most, the things that are wrong with the game are not a big deal.  But when I'm playing it, the game is just boring. 

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 27, 2012, 11:41:13 PM »
Here's a video about the swimsuits.

You can all see for yourselves why they're so lame.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - Bikini Montage All The Women's Swimsuits