Author Topic: AquaPazza  (Read 16374 times)

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
AquaPazza
« on: July 24, 2011, 09:51:54 PM »
I just discovered that this game exists, and I must say that I'm intrigued.

Anyone else heard of this game?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 09:54:55 PM by marchefelix »

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
  • Achieve the impossible~
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
Re: AquaPazza
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 09:58:44 PM »
I've been watching Aquapazza for a while. Hopefully it'll get a release on console, pref not region-locked.
MBAA: H-Aoko
MBAC: Hisui & Kohaku
LB2: S-Akari
NGBC: DIO & Kaede
KOFXIII: Yuri / King / DuoLon

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 12:43:23 AM »
Dunno, I need to try it to know if it will be fun. But for what I have seen, it looks like it's a bit broken and it doesn't have a unified system. Kinda like BlazBlue but taken to an extreme.

Also this game reminds me a lot to Vanguard Princess, but for some reason Vanguard Princess is more appealing to me. One reason might be the awesome animation and how some movesets of some characters are so damn interesting. I just wish they could tone down the sexualization of lolis in that game. =/

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
  • Achieve the impossible~
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 01:40:29 AM »
Kinda like BlazBlue but taken to an extreme.
That makes it sound like it's extremely bad.

it looks like it's a bit broken and it doesn't have a unified system.
Wait what. Broken / no unified system?
MBAA: H-Aoko
MBAC: Hisui & Kohaku
LB2: S-Akari
NGBC: DIO & Kaede
KOFXIII: Yuri / King / DuoLon

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 01:52:07 AM »
Wait what. Broken / no unified system?

Well by Unified System is that each character plays really different, for example Touka who is the Samurai Girl can dash cancel out of most of her specials. Riannon Super meter autofills slowly with no need to activate anything. One of the small little girls is has short hops, like KOF, etc etc. Each character has their own special ability that none other has, so each one feels like they are from different games. BlazBlue is a bit similar in this aspect, but not to the extreme of Aquapazza.

Regarding the game been broken, well is just that most of the videos I have seen have a lot of Riannon, who is the long distance character and she basically can just play defensive and from far. Of course, I have seen her lose but the ratio should be like 1/10 matches she loses. But of course, the game can be patched because it's in Nesica board, so I'm not that worried about that.

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 02:04:19 AM »
Rinnaon is really good but so far no one is really winning anything big with her, SBO Quals have been pretty even.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 02:17:00 AM »
Rinnaon is really good but so far no one is really winning anything big with her, SBO Quals have been pretty even.

Yeah, I don't know if she has won anything big or not, my opinions are just base on what I have seen. I might think otherwise ones I have a chance to play the game, if it evens comes to America. =/

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 07:14:18 AM »
Meh, i just don't like these types of games..

I can add something semi usefull though by saying that if you like this type of games you could check out chaos code if you haven't already.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 07:24:10 AM »

I can add something semi usefull though by saying that if you like this type of games you could check out chaos code if you haven't already.

Yeah, I was following Chaos Code when it got announced, but I haven't heard anything about it since the last Loke Test. =/

Gravelneed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 08:34:01 AM »
Don't let the look fool you. This game is very footsie based. Yeah one or two characters have a double jump but there aren't any airdashes. It's a very interesting game. Riannon does very well in a lot of matchups. Also, every character seems to have something good about them to help them win matches. Except for one: Manaka(girl holding books). She seems to have a very hard time against everyone. Oddly enough, that's the character I want to play first.

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 09:28:27 AM »

This game is nothing like Chaos Code, two entirely different games that share pretty much nothing in mechanics, pace, or look. Do some research.

Gravelneed- True Manaka seems the most handicapped but some people have been tearing it up with her.

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 02:05:48 PM »
I was pretty "meh" about this game leading up to its release, but since I've checked out some videos, it actually looks kind of interesting (notwithstanding the Riannon army *laughs* ).  Tamaki (eye-laser schoolgirl grappler) and Karulau (the kind of barbarian-looking one) are pretty hype stuff, and most of the characters I've seen aside from Riannon and Touka (who isn't as boring to watch as Riannon, but the way that she looks like Kamui in casual clothes right down to some of her specials turns me off) have some cool-looking gameplay.  Some of the locals here are very interested in it, so hopefully one of them will import an arcade board like they did with MBAACC so I can try it out firsthand *laughs*.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 02:08:17 PM by omegaryuji »
Old man/bad player

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2011, 08:17:44 AM »
This game is nothing like Chaos Code, two entirely different games that share pretty much nothing in mechanics, pace, or look. Do some research.

Sorry if i offended you, but i did not say that they where much alike. I lack indepth knowledge of both games, but from what i see this game looks like mb and such games (wich i dislike for their "anime style") and chaos code seems closer to bb (wich also has an "anime style" that i also do not like yet recognize is different though not as much so as you seem to think imo).

I will not do any research into the matter because i really do not care. Sorry if my post was pointless, i just expressed my opinion and tried to add another game people might be interested in to the discussion.

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2011, 01:55:42 PM »
I am really interested in Chaos Code ..Aquapazza not so much .Anybody know how is the game doing and if any plans for a console release?

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2011, 11:13:44 PM »
Kinda like BlazBlue but taken to an extreme.

Quite a few games have been starting to look like BlazBlue tbh...