Author Topic: AquaPazza  (Read 16372 times)

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: AquaPazza
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2012, 06:27:44 PM »
Uh... the game still gets play, it's a pretty decent game, some interesting system mechanics, balance is alright. Plus alot of people are fans of AquaPlus characters and stories so yeah pretty much worth a pick up.

I know people from Japan, their scene is nearly extinct. Fans of AquaPlus and their stories? Right.

Can't fool anyone with your poverty games.

Dude, Chill out

Waifu Material

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2012, 03:29:14 PM »
I got a chance to play this on Sunday, and it was pretty damn fun.  If I had to compare it to other fighters, I'd say the gameplay is most similar to Street Fighter Alpha, Vampire Savior, or KOF 99-2001, though the pacing is a bit slower than those games (and nothing felt as stupid as SFA3 Akuma or VSav Wolfman).  It's something that I'd like to play more, if I could get the game for a reasonable price (or if I wasn't about to spend another month traveling for work *laughs* ).

Some things felt a little silly (i.e. Touka has a super that acts as both a command grab and a counter move, Manaka's books are active for days after she recovers, Karalau does damage even with on-the-fly day 0 combos, Morgan has a projectile super with invincible startup that's also safe on block at pointblank range), but nothing seemed like it'd be too bad if I'd actually known stuff about the game before playing it.  Of course, this is day 0 play, so I wasn't expecting to find anything ridiculously broken *laughs* .  But seriously, all of the silly things seemed manageable once I knew to expect them, despite playing against people who at least had some experience with the game, and nothing seemed outright dumb, so that's...something.

Not knowing anything about the source anime/visual novels made no difference...hell, if anything, it was more fun, because I got to make up backstories.  Many laughs were had when I decided Karalau was an alcoholic nymphomaniac furry who secretly idolizes Terry Bogard and got partnered with tsundere anti-nature terrorist Yu, who in turn was jealous of the attention Karalau was giving to demure pro-nature shrine maiden samurai Touka.
Old man/bad player

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2012, 12:27:33 AM »
^Good to see someone's talking about this game positively. I think it's a cool game, and I'd like to play it one of these days... (then again, there's lots of things I wanna play one of these days... [spoiler]...and that includes KoF XIII)[/spoiler]

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2013, 11:01:40 PM »
So this is really getting localized....

AquaPazza: Team Tears to Tiara

Inspectah Ed

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2013, 10:37:26 PM »
I'm interested in playing it,a couple of my friends played the import version and they enjoyed the game alot. So I might ended up playing it sometime this week.