Author Topic: The KOF 1999 EVO Thread  (Read 3894 times)

Dark Geese

The KOF 1999 EVO Thread
« on: July 29, 2011, 05:14:44 AM »
Another thread I noticed that doesn't appear here is KOF 1999 EVO, and again you all know I have something under my sleeve. Now the version the NESTS collection is like 75% accurate, the controls aren't arcade perfect so you can't land things as much as you should be able to, but they did take out Kensou's corner infinite/slowed down Bao's super, added more Strikers like Dark Syo who is the best striker in the game, but didn't tone down or take out the OTG factors like Vanessa Striker in the arcade version of KOF 1999. So it's basically KOF 1999 with 3d backgrounds, more strikers, Kensou's infinite take out etc.

Ciudad Juarez, Mexico July 2011 Tier List:

Best Strikers- Dark Syo, Vanessa

S Class:

Jhun, King, Choi, Bao, Kensou

A:

Iori, Robert, Xiangfei, Kyo, Whip, Kyo-2

B:
Everyone Else

Yes everyone this is simply put Kensou's best game. Even with the Kensou infinite removed, he is still damn good in this game. He's fast, good normals, his dp+p move has ridiculously fast recovery,builds fast super meter, blockstun, and guard damage in addition to reset potential. You all will see me test Super Kensou out at Sanji's Birthday Bash this weekend.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 06:01:50 AM by Dark Geese »

Ryudo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: The KOF 1999 EVO Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 01:57:29 PM »
EVO 99' by far is my favorite KoF. Surprisingly it's not all that popular for some weird reason. I guess the Kof's that get the most play are the ones with the most diversity of characters as well as the inclusion of character favorites who probably died in the story. That most likely why the dream-match games like 98-2k2 are more popular etc.

Dark Geese

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 03:00:43 PM »
EVO 99' by far is my favorite KoF. Surprisingly it's not all that popular for some weird reason. I guess the Kof's that get the most play are the ones with the most diversity of characters as well as the inclusion of character favorites who probably died in the story. That most likely why the dream-match games like 98-2k2 are more popular etc.

That's true in addition to the fact some don't like strikers, and they also don't  like it when certain characters are toned down quite a bit from the previous version of the game (98).

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 11:40:25 AM »
one of the few things i dont like of 99/evo is the use of the strykers... they are almost useless (except the ones who give u health back). 2000 is the game to go (i always play with the korean rule, 1 striker 1 combo)

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo