Author Topic: Iori (Flames) (Pre-release)  (Read 30728 times)

SolidSonicTH

• New Challenger
  • I actually like K' more.
    • View Profile
Re: Iori (Flames)
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2011, 05:17:06 PM »
Interesting how Iori's wearing his new color palette there.

Might be interesting to have Iori 98 and slasher Iori face each other with flipped palettes.

OverHeat

• Rising Dragon
  • GEYSAAH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2011, 09:39:33 PM »
I didn't want to make a separate thread for this, and this thread seems like the best place to ask.
Does anyone know what the tournament value of Iori of the Flames or any DLC character will be?
Will they be insta-banned because they are DLC characters?
Will they be judged on their own merits?
Just curious if any of you folks have heard anything regarding this. So long as the characters aren't broke, it would be nice to expand the roster.
I play with mainly tournament minded players and I am the "KoF Guy", so I'd really be interested in knowing what the 411 is with the DLC characters.
I'll still be buying him, btw.  ;)
Do or do not. There is no try.

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2011, 09:55:48 PM »
i believe in the last podcast to explain character changes when they were describing how good claw iori is they said that flame iori isn't much better so there isn't any reason for him to be banned he shouldn't be OP. however since he is a DLC character he probably won't be in most tournaments if they didn't buy the dlc.
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2011, 10:20:18 PM »
If TO's follow other games then DLC characters will be bought and allowed in tournament unless they are straight broken.

OverHeat

• Rising Dragon
  • GEYSAAH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2011, 12:53:15 AM »
Thanks a lot for the help guys.  :)

SolidSonicTH

• New Challenger
  • I actually like K' more.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2011, 02:20:33 AM »
If TO's follow other games then DLC characters will be bought and allowed in tournament unless they are straight broken.

I hope the DLC characters are allowed. I've grown to like slasher Iori more but there's no doubt that I'm considerably better with punch chain Kyo.

OverHeat

• Rising Dragon
  • GEYSAAH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2011, 05:22:20 AM »

I hope the DLC characters are allowed. I've grown to like slasher Iori more but there's no doubt that I'm considerably better with punch chain Kyo.

This. I like fireball Kyo, but I have spent more time playing KoF'98 than any of the others. In that game Kyo quickly rose to become one of my two favorite characters to round out my team.

Staying in topic for this thread, I have a friend who will be SORELY upset if Iori of the Flame is banned. He was giddy with the announcement.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2011, 05:34:43 AM »

This. I like fireball Kyo, but I have spent more time playing KoF'98 than any of the others. In that game Kyo quickly rose to become one of my two favorite characters to round out my team.

Staying in topic for this thread, I have a friend who will be SORELY upset if Iori of the Flame is banned. He was giddy with the announcement.

No way will he be banned, and it's likely the others won't be either.

Only time it ever happens is through 3 reasons. 

One, the character is unbelievably broken, something which we wouldn't know for months anyway.

Two, the character is released very shortly before a major tournament, but they wouldn't enact this rule until the game is digested more to where people understand the matchups better to begin with.

Three, the DLC is console exclusive, which we know isn't true.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2011, 02:48:08 PM »
umm we are talking about Classic Iori Yagami here... if he is banned, then the game shouldn't even be played... lol...

looking at the videos posted about him... he doesn't look overly strong...

- ex rekka (first 2 hits) does shit damage... don't see me using it much unless it's invincible...
- ex shoryu however looks promising... massive range and good damage...
- ex fireball is awesome... hopefully it overrides regular projectiles...
- ex hcb.D or regular hcb.D... will this move forever be worthless besides HD mode? hopefully not...
- Neomax looks siiiiiick... hopefully it's completely invincible AND catches opponents in the air...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2011, 05:28:00 PM »
Just wanted to point out that Cristina gave a pretty nice in-depth look at ShinyPurpleIori over on Orochinagi (and Neoempire... but I'm linking the ON version): http://orochinagi.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=3359&p=77509#p77509

Cristina makes Iori sound very well-balanced, overall. For all of the above-average damage the purple flame emits, it seems like Iori pays for it by being more punishable than ever. Interesting...

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2011, 01:08:10 AM »
Cristina is blowing up people with EX Iori.  Hop j.b.B is just so fucking dirty.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

tastylumpia

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2011, 10:46:00 PM »
So basically, lots of his moves are more punishable, the crossup B is godlike and his damage output is respectable...

Good character but not OP.
twitter @tasty_lumpia

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2011, 11:50:27 PM »
Hop j.b.B is just so fucking dirty.

That's Iori in every KOF game ever.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2011, 12:20:44 AM »
Hop j.b.B is just so fucking dirty.

That's Iori in every KOF game ever.

>_> Doesn't make it any less dirty in this game.

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2011, 12:25:29 AM »
It's still the same