Author Topic: Saiki (Pre-release)  (Read 35560 times)

VicViper

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Saiki
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2011, 05:24:32 AM »
Drive cancelling into fireball on his DP is so absurdly difficult because a lot of the time I'll end up super cancelling instead of drive cancelling.

Anybody figure out a good way to do it consistently?  Putting the stick back at neutral sounds like the way to do it, but I haven't figured out where exactly to do that yet.

EDIT:

Nevermind, just figured out I could tap the button after the DP to drive cancel in to it.

Boy KOF XIII sure is nice about this stuff.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 05:36:09 AM by VicViper »
XBL: Astejos

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2011, 05:51:05 AM »
Well, after playing Saiki a bit, he has great stuff as I thought, however he also has a ton of crap that has very precise inputs.

His Roundhouse Kick and DP followups are a pain (the DP moreso than the Roundhouse Kick).

His Fireball DM though is just dirty.  I can see some nasty setups coming from it.

I assume you're not talking about the joystick motions, because those are easy.

So what do you mean by that, then?

I mean the button input you hit after Roundhouse or DP in order to get the followup.  The Roundhouse Kick isn't too hard to get the followup after practice, but the DP is annoying as hell.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Ryudo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2011, 09:44:55 AM »
How exactly would you guys categorize Saiki as a character. Is he a zoner, rushdown, mixture etc. I was looking through his mission mode today and doing some of the combos seemed pretty interesting wondering whether i should pick him up or not.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2011, 06:52:48 PM »
He's a decent zoner, good DP, Fireball, a psuedo-Fireball to cover the air, a Fireball DM that hovers in the center of the screen.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2011, 10:30:33 PM »
Well, after playing Saiki a bit, he has great stuff as I thought, however he also has a ton of crap that has very precise inputs.

His Roundhouse Kick and DP followups are a pain (the DP moreso than the Roundhouse Kick).

His Fireball DM though is just dirty.  I can see some nasty setups coming from it.

I assume you're not talking about the joystick motions, because those are easy.

So what do you mean by that, then?

I mean the button input you hit after Roundhouse or DP in order to get the followup.  The Roundhouse Kick isn't too hard to get the followup after practice, but the DP is annoying as hell.

Oh, you mean the follow up!

Yeah, I can see how that would be annoying. You have to HOLD the button to do that, right?

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 23, 2011, 11:58:42 PM »
Huh?  We have to hold it?  FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, I did NOT know that.

Light

• New Challenger
  • >.0?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2011, 12:21:52 AM »
Scrub question how do you unlock saiki
Ash Crimson - Rock Howard - Yun-Seong - Amy Sorel - Helena Douglas - Kokoro - Jin Kazama - Alisa Boskonovich - Lili - Yun - Sakura - Karin

Sikemopko

• New Challenger
  • Are You Okay?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2011, 12:42:46 AM »
Scrub question how do you unlock saiki
If you got billy already choose him on your team and play doing as many target actions as possible, he should challenge you. It worked for me
XBL Gamertag: Sike Mopko

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2011, 01:28:06 AM »
This should be on the first post BTW, maybe we can get a mod to add it.

To unlock Saiki you need to complete 50 target actions by the end of your third match, then defeat him once you face him. If you average 6 target actions per round you should be able to unlock him.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Light

• New Challenger
  • >.0?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2011, 02:36:36 AM »
thanks guys
Ash Crimson - Rock Howard - Yun-Seong - Amy Sorel - Helena Douglas - Kokoro - Jin Kazama - Alisa Boskonovich - Lili - Yun - Sakura - Karin

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2011, 02:51:30 AM »
This should be on the first post BTW, maybe we can get a mod to add it.

To unlock Saiki you need to complete 50 target actions by the end of your third match, then defeat him once you face him. If you average 6 target actions per round you should be able to unlock him.

Done.

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2011, 03:57:04 AM »
Actually, I think it's points. Target Actions just helps a lot in raking points. You could also rake points by doing perfects, straights and finishing matches with DMs and Neomax. (To that last bit, I found this guy who was just really good with combos and almost always ended his matches with DMs and he got to Boss Saiki everytime when I normally had to use Target Actions to get to him).
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 03:59:18 AM by Aenthin »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2011, 04:18:23 AM »
I really wanna break down and explore Saiki before NEC, because I think he has a ton of potential.  Unfortunately I seem to be ass at any extended HD combos.

GuamoKun

• Rising Dragon
  • I MISSES YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2011, 07:33:27 AM »
I really wanna break down and explore Saiki before NEC, because I think he has a ton of potential.  Unfortunately I seem to be ass at any extended HD combos.

I started messing around with Saiki and he does have so many good tools.

Same here about the extended HD combos, I usually go for 2 or 3 hd cancels into a DM to a max cancel. Easy to do with many characters and it does a huge amount of damage.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 24, 2011, 08:02:26 AM »
I'll have to find a decent HD combo for Saiki because he doesn't have any hitconfirms from lights.  He might need those HD combos in the end.