Author Topic: ReveLAtions 2011 Results  (Read 12190 times)

Macc

• New Challenger
  • Bird is the word.
    • View Profile
Re: ReveLAtions 2011 Results
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2011, 12:25:38 AM »
Thanks again guys for running this.  Was fun getting a chance to get some time in on KoFXIII again.  I know once it drops on console I will be putting some serious time into getting a team down.

Wanted to say thanks to DG for dealing with holding off my matches since the MK, ST, & MvC3 tournies all decided to start and call me in the same 60 minute period.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2011, 01:38:23 AM »
Good discussion, but WHY is this in the results thread again?

Yeah I know man, but might as well forget about it, haha. We tried.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 01:40:40 AM by Desmond Delaghetto »
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Dark Geese

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2011, 01:54:45 AM »
Thanks again guys for running this.  Was fun getting a chance to get some time in on KoFXIII again.  I know once it drops on console I will be putting some serious time into getting a team down.

Wanted to say thanks to DG for dealing with holding off my matches since the MK, ST, & MvC3 tournies all decided to start and call me in the same 60 minute period.

No problem..

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2011, 10:46:34 AM »

It is related to KOF13 and ReveLAtions, I mean after all it's discussion related to B.A.L.A. winning with King and Vice vs. Shen, Raiden, and other top tier characters that we commonly see used a lot, so it's related to people basically needing to open their minds and realize that there is a lot more than just the top characters used in Japan... and that it is also best for people to learn the game not the tiers, because if you just learn the "Tiers" from one region or a small amount of characters, people that know THE GAME can take advantage of what you do not know.

Also that players in the USA and Japan are notorious for "just learning The Tiers not the game." Take for example KGO all day long in KOFXI in both Japan (Hummer was playing KGO in KOFXI training mode yes he was!) and the USA, and various other examples that suggest the USA outside of a few regions simply does not have its own identity, it simply just X-copies what it sees Japan do on videos or other "prominent players" what they do.

Once again, a good discussion, but I'm sure you'd agree this topic should warrant a new thread or be moved to the tier discussion thread.  I'm not saying that you guys don't have valid point--just pointing out that it probably should be moved and the results thread should be closed. If Desmond and Nilcam thinks this should stay then I have no qualms and I'll add my 2 cents in this thread but I'll see what they have to say and I'll add my input there.

Dark Geese

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2011, 01:54:06 PM »

It is related to KOF13 and ReveLAtions, I mean after all it's discussion related to B.A.L.A. winning with King and Vice vs. Shen, Raiden, and other top tier characters that we commonly see used a lot, so it's related to people basically needing to open their minds and realize that there is a lot more than just the top characters used in Japan... and that it is also best for people to learn the game not the tiers, because if you just learn the "Tiers" from one region or a small amount of characters, people that know THE GAME can take advantage of what you do not know.

Also that players in the USA and Japan are notorious for "just learning The Tiers not the game." Take for example KGO all day long in KOFXI in both Japan (Hummer was playing KGO in KOFXI training mode yes he was!) and the USA, and various other examples that suggest the USA outside of a few regions simply does not have its own identity, it simply just X-copies what it sees Japan do on videos or other "prominent players" what they do.

Once again, a good discussion, but I'm sure you'd agree this topic should warrant a new thread or be moved to the tier discussion thread.  I'm not saying that you guys don't have valid point--just pointing out that it probably should be moved and the results thread should be closed. If Desmond and Nilcam thinks this should stay then I have no qualms and I'll add my 2 cents in this thread but I'll see what they have to say and I'll add my input there.

Oh I see what you are saying then yeah since I forgot there is a Tier thread yeah we can move it there.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2011, 03:30:06 PM »
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."