Author Topic: KOF XIII Evo Results  (Read 16876 times)

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
Re: KOF XIII Evo Results
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2011, 02:47:41 AM »
I'm not trying to be messed up, but so what if Kula and company are getting visas... I'm tired of these "threats" being waved around... I'm not angry or anything, so don't take this the wrong way. I'm just speaking as a forum fr-enemy... I have mad respect for all of you cats doing things for the KOF community worldwide; I'm just tired of people accepting the status quo of Mex/Jp/Cali dominating period and not doing a damn thing about it. Sure, they paid their dues, and I'm not the greatest around (I think I'm ok, but I'll let you cats decide that from matches/sessions/whatever), but I'm just not determined to let things stay the same way, and I'm not gonna be one of those cats in the "easy ride" pools that you can get over on easy to place in the brackets...

I mean its like those NY 3S players who decided to stop their East/West beef and put their focus on Japan, because they were the ones to beat in 3S and now in SF4. They were tired of Japan just coming on the scene and putting dudes on beat street for their tournament money... And I know for me its more than money and all that jazz... I'm sure everyone here feels the same way (but I mean some dough in the pocket is nice though)...

Dark Geese

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2011, 02:52:53 AM »
I'm not trying to be messed up, but so what if Kula and company are getting visas... I'm tired of these "threats" being waved around... I'm not angry or anything, so don't take this the wrong way. I'm just speaking as a forum fr-enemy... I have mad respect for all of you cats doing things for the KOF community worldwide; I'm just tired of people accepting the status quo of Mex/Jp/Cali dominating period and not doing a damn thing about it. Sure, they paid their dues, and I'm not the greatest around (I think I'm ok, but I'll let you cats decide that from matches/sessions/whatever), but I'm just not determined to let things stay the same way, and I'm not gonna be one of those cats in the "easy ride" pools that you can get over on easy to place in the brackets...

I mean its like those NY 3S players who decided to stop their East/West beef and put their focus on Japan, because they were the ones to beat in 3S and now in SF4. They were tired of Japan just coming on the scene and putting dudes on beat street for their tournament money... And I know for me its more than money and all that jazz... I'm sure everyone here feels the same way (but I mean some dough in the pocket is nice though)...

I like this attitude, I wish more people had it, if they did it wouldn't be status quo like it is.

You know what will speak the loudest though jinxhand let me tell you man, show up to EVO, rank top 10/15...I'm telling you man then that's gonna speak the loudest trust me man I hear yah!

I've been telling people this stuff for years what you've been saying (6 or so years), now my whistle is pretty much run dry after seeing nothing but dabblers and people that don't take the game seriously..so I've just jumped ship to somewhere where I know they are gonna take it seriously...

I'm just being a realist. Talk is cheap, it's nice, people can be excited after EVO, but it's gonna take more than that if they REALLY wanna crack the Top 10/15.

They gotta still stick with it WHEN THE GOIN GETS TOUGH....through the good and the bad...They gotta agree NOT TO TAKE SHORTCUTS..

« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 03:35:02 AM by Dark Geese »

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2011, 04:58:43 AM »
Hey peoples, all KOF EVO2012 discussion shall be brought here: http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=1139.0

A couple of the off-topic posts have been moved to that new thread. This topic is only for results and shout outs.

Respect.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Giby

• Strongest Tiger
  • Man Chest
    • View Profile
    • snk-capcom dot com
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2011, 06:44:04 AM »

fixelzero

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2011, 08:33:40 AM »
Thanks for uploading the videos Giby.
shout out goes to all the staff for making this side tourney, I had lots of fun playing and learning from you guys.
El Rosa, thanks for showing me how good Ralf can be in this game.
4leaf, gg dude! your Athena was awesome, it was really fun playing with you!
Kane317, it was nice meeting you again man, too bad I didn't get the chance to fight you. until next time!
and to all NorCal dudes that showed up, let's train harder and show them we are serious too.
good job to all who participated, see you guys next time! :)

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2011, 09:39:01 AM »
Thanks for uploading the videos Giby.
shout out goes to all the staff for making this side tourney, I had lots of fun playing and learning from you guys.
El Rosa, thanks for showing me how good Ralf can be in this game.
4leaf, gg dude! your Athena was awesome, it was really fun playing with you!
Kane317, it was nice meeting you again man, too bad I didn't get the chance to fight you. until next time!
and to all NorCal dudes that showed up, let's train harder and show them we are serious too.
good job to all who participated, see you guys next time! :)

Giby is the Man for running most of the KOF 13 side tournament along with Great helpers such as Kane317 and Answer. I can't wait for next years official tournament. Next time Balrog won't get paid.

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

Dark Chaotix

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Devil Of Dream Cancel
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2011, 10:10:31 AM »
Great tournament and great matches. Good work to all who were apart of it and contributed.

On a side note, I do know that Dune didnt go but what happened to his cmv? I'm interested in seeing it...

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2011, 02:34:19 PM »
Good tournament and matches, thanks for the uploads.

I understand people are pissed at Bala, and rightfully so, but honestly, from the matches uploaded, he bodied everyone pretty badly. He was in winners and stayed in winners, just cruising through the grand finals (with three straight wins). Based on the uploaded matches, it looks like he would have won even if he accepted that one loss.

So yeah, he made an ass of himself but looking at the way he played and how convincingly he won I'd consider him the champ.

Just level up and kick his ass next time, kthxbye.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 02:38:05 PM by Diavle »

Dark Geese

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2011, 03:17:34 PM »

I understand people are pissed at Bala, and rightfully so, but honestly, from the matches uploaded, he bodied everyone pretty badly. He was in winners and stayed in winners, just cruising through the grand finals (with three straight wins). Based on the uploaded matches, it looks like he would have won even if he accepted that one loss.

So yeah, he made an ass of himself but looking at the way he played and how convincingly he won I'd consider him the champ.

Next time will be console version as what I'm hearing people are pretty much through with 1.1..(for the most part).

So yes that means those that only play 1.1 on the arcade..well unless console version has Arcade and Arranged version (And I pray as an organizer that it does NOT have this), they will have to adapt to the console characters and changes. Unless Atlus decides to release KOF 13 Console Version Arcade Edition lol.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 03:21:22 PM by Dark Geese »

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2011, 09:44:31 PM »
Good shit to Socal!

RJJJJJJJJJJJJ!!!!!!!!!! DA MUTHAFUKN MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*becomes a RJ fanboy* loool

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2011, 10:53:12 PM »
Giby is the Man for running most of the KOF 13 side tournament along with Great helpers such as Kane317 and Answer. I can't wait for next years official tournament. Next time Balrog won't get paid.

I also wanted to give a special shout out to The Hair himself.  Nocturnal, The Answer and myself gave good support but I think he wins MVP of the weekend from introducing everyone to everyone, running the side tournament almost single handedly and also fixing any challenges that arose.

You're my hero, and I'll name my first born child after you.  (Some how Hair Ng doesn't have quite the same ring to it)

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2011, 12:09:19 AM »

Just before my match with Bala during the Winners finals, I chose to listen to some music to hype myself up before the match. That dude has the nerve to tell me hurry up and go and start the match. You don't *uck with someones vibe. It's like telling poongko to start his match quickly and not let him have the time to take off his jacket, necklace, and down that monster. You gotta feel yourself. I don't mind if others still want to support Bala, but all i can say his actions at EVO has changed my view of him.

* i would have promoted anyone with good character even if that person is able to beat me*
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 12:41:38 AM by Mr.KOF »

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

fixelzero

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2011, 12:34:27 AM »
one might have the skills to be a champion, but for me sportsmanship comes first no matter what. :)

Dark Geese

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2011, 01:25:41 AM »
Guys we are getting to the bottom of this quickly I am talking to pretty much everyone trying to get people on the same page right now.

I've heard some rumors about what has been going on "behind the scenes" about everything, much more than the whole BALA stick thing, discrimination in regards to commentary, lack of help for setting/running anything, and I can assure you that even if you are shaking your heads right now, this will be addressed shortly.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 01:27:44 AM by Dark Geese »

4leaf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2011, 01:31:24 AM »
Hey peoples, all KOF EVO2012 discussion shall be brought here: http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=1139.0

A couple of the off-topic posts have been moved to that new thread. This topic is only for results and shout outs.

Respect.

Before things get out of hand on this thread...