Dream Cancel Forum

The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread:Console Edition (UPDATE 8/26 1st page)

Started by Kane317, July 29, 2011, 06:17:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KBlackNoah

Quote from: MUSOLINI on August 24, 2011, 05:49:20 PM
i dont think any other company has what it takes to make a kof game.

Dimps or the second option would be Arcsys.Most of the old programmers are at those 2 companie. And most of the games they did were way above average or very good.Playmore should just make pachi shits and move on

QuoteThis basically says please don't use shitty netcode.

I do not have high hopes in netcode but i really don't want to see lag when both players activate HD or any kind of lag when offline, and god damn those loading screens make me think i am playing sega CD.
Still i cannot understand how BB, AH3 have very good netcode, even sf4  - is it so hard to make a god damn decent netcode in this day and age for a fucking versus game?...well those games listed above say NO!

Diavle

Quote from: MUSOLINI on August 24, 2011, 05:49:20 PM
i dont think any other company has what it takes to make a kof game.

This right here.

After seeing the effort behind the redrawn sprites, the re-imagining of various characters (particularly in terms of gameplay) and the systems introduced in XIII I don't want anyone but the main team handling the series.

nilcam

Quote from: KBlackNoah on August 24, 2011, 05:47:05 PM
If Answer or whoever has contact with atlus please tell them TO NOT RUSH THIS GAME.Everything so far makes me think this game is gonna be rushed and used as fast free money (i am sure there are a lot of assholes out there who gonna say they will use this money for XIV, playmore is in deep shit - let's buy anything just to help them...booo hoo).
All in all i think this will be the last moneys this company is gonna see from me unless they give the franchise to a more responsable developer.

I'm not sure how you can say this with a straight face. Also, I wouldn't put much stock in the loading screens on a beta. The code is not optimized yet.

It's good that Atlus is getting the game out; the downside is that people don't really understand what a beta build is.

KBlackNoah

Quote from: nilcam on August 24, 2011, 06:18:06 PM
If Answer or whoever has contact with atlus please tell them TO NOT RUSH THIS GAME.Everything so far makes me think this game is gonna be rushed and used as fast free money (i am sure there are a lot of assholes out there who gonna say they will use this money for XIV, playmore is in deep shit - let's buy anything just to help them...booo hoo).
All in all i think this will be the last moneys this company is gonna see from me unless they give the franchise to a more responsable developer.

I'm not sure how you can say this with a straight face. Also, I wouldn't put much stock in the loading screens on a beta. The code is not optimized yet.

It's good that Atlus is getting the game out; the downside is that people don't really understand what a beta build is.

Somebody has to play the negativist type.It's not an easy job like most of you think but somebody has to do it.I will enjoy the game more if i am wrong.... but i rarely get it wrong.knock on wood

Xxenace

Shiranui_ninja

Everything so far makes me think this game is gonna be rushed and used as fast free money
What does "everything" mean? 11 more stages than arcade game? new story mode with more dialogues and cutscenes? Billy and Saiki as free extra characters (so far) and classic Iori with flames as optional DLC character? more voices? rebalance?
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

sibarraz

You can criticize lots of things from the game except being rushed

They said october 25th and overall I doubt that they will change their mind, even if for some stupid reason they decided to press the panic button after hearing than UMVC3 will be released 2 weeks after

If the game is not well programated, well that's because I fairly sure that SNKP is not that good in that department for consoles (more when you read all those stories from XII which made working there living like hell, I know that there they were forced to make the game ASAP, but still, lots of conditions were not optimal)

Waifu Material

solidshark

I was pessimistic too...

...until I saw the initial XIII build a year ago.
...unitl great players showed me what could be done with any character.
...until I got a chance to play the game myself.
...until they finally announced we were getting the game in October everywhere.
...until they made a balance change that showed that they listened.
...until loads of people showed up for EVO and other tourneys for XIII and loved it.
...until I heard there were additional characters coming, some you didn't have to DLC buy!
...until I learned of a full(er) fledged story mode with 3 story archs to follow.
...until I learned there were several single player modes to get into.
...until they added a color edit, which was on top of the already 10-20 color changes that almost served as (free) outfit changes.
...until I learned of the 4 disc preorder, along with picking up Flame Iori for free possibly with pre-ordering. (Count that out for now, I think I heard wrong -Kane317)

The last thing I think the game has to prove itself on is netcode.
If that turns out to be good, will haters still hate, or doubters still doubt?
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Diavle

Quote from: solidshark on August 24, 2011, 07:38:01 PM
The last thing I think the game has to prove itself on is netcode.
If that turns out to be good, will haters still hate, or doubters still doubt?

B..b..but, no spectator mode!

[spoiler]ppl can always find something to bitch about[/spoiler]

DarKaoZ

It seems Sony will have PS3/Vita 2 in 1 bundles for all their PS3/Vita games. And that is awesome if KOFXIII will have the PS3 to Vita sharable saves. Obviously, if KOFXIII Vita is real.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-24-sonys-shuhei-yoshida-interview

THE ANSWER

Quote from: KBlackNoah on August 24, 2011, 06:52:34 PM
Quote from: nilcam on August 24, 2011, 06:18:06 PM

Somebody has to play the negativist type.It's not an easy job like most of you think but somebody has to do it.I will enjoy the game more if i am wrong.... but i rarely get it wrong.knock on wood

I personally don't see nothing wrong with your post, we don't live a fantasy land where everything is perfect. I am one of the most optimistic persons you'll meet, however I always hope for the best but expect the worst.

On the other hand I will completely agree with Nilcam, it is not fair for people to judge the game based on a demo version or an early build. I am sure this companies know that they are putting them selves on the line by with early tests and demos but they are willing to do that so the community can get a "taste" of whats coming and we should be nothing but thankful for that.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

DarKaoZ

Quote from: Shiranui_ninja on August 24, 2011, 11:30:56 AM
Quote from: DarKaoZ on August 24, 2011, 11:14:27 AM
Anyways, it seems SNKP thinks they did a great job in the past demo:
http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/blog/archives/2011/08/post_36.html
LOL pretty funny. The event was disastrous, as Professor already commented. but well, there were a crowd in the queue (because the event gone so slow) and I guess they read this as a success.

Well I just assume that is what they are talking about, since it's rare for a company to talk about the negative aspects of their events. But thanks to Toxico from MMCafe resume of the blog, it seems SNKP was talking about the negative aspects of their event:

QuoteThe blog update just talks about how they where troubled by the place, troubled by the possibility of rain and there it was no way for them to expect that many people to show up. It looks like they are going to try to do more of these things and in a better manner, since the game just got so much of a positive response by the public.

Oh yeah, Toxico also mentioned that the new rumored Samurai Spirit game is a Panchinko game. lol
http://slot.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/samurai_oni/index.html

SAB-CA

Quote from: DarKaoZ on August 24, 2011, 08:08:30 PM
Oh yeah, Toxico also mentioned that the new rumored Samurai Spirit game is a Panchinko game. lol
http://slot.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/samurai_oni/index.html

Well, we now know where the I-Phone tutorial Nakaruru's art is from; Her design for that Pachislot game.

Either way, it's kinda cool... the characters actually looked aged. That bodes well for continued SS products, as it's not exactly just a "reuse assets of old game, over and over".

Of course, we've also seen such a game with a more-grown Akari and Juzo of Last Blade, if memory serves. Still interesting that they're doing such things with these characters.

----

Anyway,so most likely, we'll see the second blog on stages tonight/tomorrow? At least that'll be... something.

PAX and 2nd Japanese demo this weekend, too.

As much as we want new info, I still don't know what we really should expect before the JP demos are over. Maybe more from Atlus and Rising Star, detailing what's known, before SNKP moves on revealing new stuff (such as DLC/base game characters and such)...

I sure many of us would appreciate an official changelog. Hope there's one in the works somewhere!

KBlackNoah

QuoteOh yeah, Toxico also mentioned that the new rumored Samurai Spirit game is a Panchinko game. lol
That is great news.Playmore should stick with that and maybe mobile games... and of course reselling the old snk libraries 100 of times.
Ignition and playmore pulled a big hoax with XII, i remember all the tests, hype and whatnot to promote it.... so this time tho i already preordered i do not have high hopes - and with that beta going so wrong i really don't care. i just want to get the game, put it in my console and see how it goes.

kofoguz

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/blog/archives/2011/08/post_35.html

Blog is updated, This time Pao Pao Cafe, Sky Noah, Kyokugen Dojo and Ancient Ruins. Out of ancient ruins all the others has the pic reference, so Ancient Ruins is not a reference to Earthquake's SS2 background?

Btw thinking any other company would handle KOF better than SNKP is crazy. If the companies in question Capcom and Arcsy, then it is pure crazy. Well unless seeing KOF in Fugly SFIV's graphics.  Or with arcsy how many characters will be in KOF? Ten? Twenty?  Snkp had to do it in KoF XII and we saw the results. We didnt like it, crappy netcode and lack of single player didnt help it either.
Dont get me wrong I'm not hater of SF or Blazblue, but I like the way KOF it is, with sprites. Thinking any other company take over and try to make a KOF with sprites is really crazy. No offence. I have crazy ideas, too. I always wanted SNK to make Darkstalkers game after learning Capcom is pretty much done with 2d fighters. But I'm aware it's a day dream, so I wont post time to time "Oh capcom should sell the Darkstalkers to SNK and let'em work 2d's magic on Darkstalkers". No I wont. /End of Rant/