Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread:Console Edition (UPDATE 8/26 1st page)  (Read 370245 times)

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
From Haunts on Neogaf:

went today and played for about 3 hours. Ill post up some impressions on IPW soon.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Finally something, i hope we get new info, i'm not counting on new characters tho.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Hopefully it's something new, but I bet it's just a impression by Haunts. I was expecting SNKP to release more info on this Demo presentation.

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Man, really wish I was home and could have made it to PAX instead of being stuck here at Job Corp :(

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
Hopefully it's something new, but I bet it's just a impression by Haunts. I was expecting SNKP to release more info on this Demo presentation.

Hmm, but why were you expecting SNKP to have more to say already?
  • Their fliers seem to be teasing the DLC chara's, and those are probably made to span the entire Demo period, which ends early Sept.
  • It's a weekend now, big companies rarely update on weekends.
  • We don't even know if SNKP has a rep with Atlus at PAX. Sounds like it's just Atlus.
  • It's probably an older build than the JP version.

Next most reasonable time to look forward to the companies releasing any info is probably Monday, as they recall the completed events held over the weekend.

It'd be nice if Atlus would take a few pages (maybe a chapter?) from what Skullgirls is doing for their updates. They've got Witeboard Wednesday (Artist in their office post SG related scribbles from their whiteboard, and Oekeki boards), Fan art Fridays, regular blog updates, and this week, they just posted their first "Friday Night Fights" weekley gameplay videos, posted to their Youtube and Facebook pages.

It's very helpful to have some rhyme and reason to ones updates, and it makes the waiting more manageable. With the amount of changes from arcade, new modes, color edit, dialog images, teams, backstories, and overall lore of KoF that XIII has, they really could drop multiple bits of info and promotion each week, all the way up to release, without any chance of running out of things to hype.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
^ I know it's too much to wish for new info. But I was expecting something because we are at months end and well since there is an even in both US and Japan, I thought they would release something.

But yeah, Atlus should do something weekly at least talk of each mode or something. Give us material to wait for it, SkullGirls devs are doing a great job. I know Atlus can't do the whiteboard stuff, but they should be able to do something with the game. At least produce more trailers for the game.

SonicTempest

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • Tempest in a Teacup
I've posted some impressions over at ON:
http://orochinagi.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=76181&f=78#p76181

Videos coming soonish, although I don't think they really show off anything new.

krazykone123

Man, really wish I was home and could have made it to PAX instead of being stuck here at Job Corp :(

Job Corps!? You might as well be in the pin lol.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
I've posted some impressions over at ON:
http://orochinagi.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=76181&f=78#p76181

Videos coming soonish, although I don't think they really show off anything new.

Awesome! Thanks SonicTempest! A question, were there loadings between rounds? I know you said there was a 7 sec loading from stage selection to the actual match, but the rounds loading is still there? Also is there a way you could snag a PS3 Cover and we could come up with a deal? I really want one! =(
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 06:23:48 AM by DarKaoZ »

SonicTempest

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • Tempest in a Teacup
There's loading between rounds but it's very fast with the game installed. Barely two seconds.

As for the PS3 cover...not going to make any promises but I'll see if they'll let me take another one tomorrow, lol.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
There's loading between rounds but it's very fast with the game installed. Barely two seconds.

As for the PS3 cover...not going to make any promises but I'll see if they'll let me take another one tomorrow, lol.

Awesome and thank you if you can get a PS3 cover tomorrow! lol

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile

Job Corps!? You might as well be in the pin lol.
Man don't remind me.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
Thanks a lot, SonicTempest ^_^

DarK, I agree, I was hoping this weekend would lead to something new, even if it was just a website update. But when Friday slipped by without anything... yeah, it started to look a bit hopeless, lol.

Atlus and Rising Star are doing a very nice job bringing the game to non-japanese masses, in person, and that's very appreciated. But it's time to get the nets on the hype train, and make sure they have reason to stay on! All the way up to release, and hopefully even after!

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Awesome videos SonicTempest! Thanks for posting them!

Yeah, the loadings are damn short, that is awesome! I kinda wished they had a VS screen like in XIII to mask the loading before the round starts, but this works.

BTW it seems the game doesn't lag when 2 people are in HD mode, well it didn't seem to lag in the first video.

EDIT: OH WOW! In video 3 they say you can change control config in character select! I didn't know it was there, awesome!

BTW the Professor should be happy to know that his Elephants are all safe and sound! They look great in the console version. lol

EDIT 2: Regarding the button config, if SNKP does it as "press the order" mode, I hope they add a way to add a "NO USE". Dunno, maybe by pressing start or something.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 08:44:03 AM by DarKaoZ »