Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread:Console Edition (UPDATE 8/26 1st page)  (Read 373344 times)

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition
« Reply #435 on: August 02, 2011, 12:53:51 AM »
Thanks a lot for the info, SAB-CA :)

About Mai, does weak ryuenbu 2 hits now? Do you know if her DM scales better now? I read a curious comment from Kane saying that her air DM falls naturally to ground now while traveling screen. Does this have any effect on damage, is more or less effective on combo? Target combo B > D works both far and close situations? And does it have new animation or is just her regular B and D? Any new voice for her EXDM or her NeoMAX like Athena/Terry? thank you if you can answer, my curiosity is killing me! xD

About extra characters.. you know, Billy, Saiki, Botan, Eiji, Yamazki, Blue Mary, Vanessa, Ramon... Maybe we are expecting too much.. Maybe only EX Kyo and Orochi Leona will be announced and that's all.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #436 on: August 02, 2011, 01:18:03 AM »
Lets see how much of that I can answer...

I sucked at using Ryuenbu, lol. I'm so used to NOT using it in other games due to slow startups and such, that I rarely did anything but try to anti-air with it's ;a version, because of what Kane said.

Not sure about the damage scaling, I used Shinobi Bachi DM in the scrubbiest of ways: to land Chip damage! :( Someone did it to ME not too much later, as well.

I didn't notice a new voice for EX DM, and I never pulled off her neomax (All the NM's I was trying to keep in memory... I never succeeded on hers, or Vice's.) I'm sure you noticed in the vids, that she has a new Ryuenbu voice that pops up on occassion. It's a bit more straight-forward and less lively than her current version, I like it for varieties sake, but I don't think it fits her as well as the normal XIII voicesample for the move.

Target combo appeared to work close and far. I think both lead to the "far" variation of the B and D, regardless of range.

She was a weird play for me; Her jump normals felt SO GOOD, that I wanted everyone ELSE to be able to match up to the assured hits I was landing with her. But once I landed something, I had too much fun abusing varieties in how to land the target, or using way too much air pressure. My instincts didn't wanna Unlearn Mai and King! :)  So I never felt like I got into the proper essence of either. Even the 1 time I played Joe felt crappy, after getting used to playing Hwa.

I'm really interested in seeing if Answer, Kane, Bala, or any of the others at Evo could expand or grow any of the things I experienced!

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 02, 2011, 01:31:23 AM »
At times will be better to not get high expectations, some people tend to dream about potential characters/features so much that later when they are not created, people blames the companies for things that never had promised, I had seen this a lot in the internet

Waifu Material

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 02, 2011, 01:55:45 AM »
I wish this fighting game would be the first to go towards MMO status and release new characters, updates, every once and a while so that the game is always fresh. We have DLC, why not abuse it?

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 02, 2011, 02:01:20 AM »
Because it will still be a pain in the ass to had to buy characters every month plus the whole re-balance of the game

I personally believe than if there is DLC characters, 6 or 9 characters at totally 15 dollars could be tolerable, more than that, I don't believe it, at this point could be better than just seeing people whine than their character didn't appeared

Waifu Material

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 02, 2011, 02:13:52 AM »
http://i.imgur.com/Y8f4O.jpg

All I'm saying is  if this means what I think it means then I'm VERY happy.

in another pic (same scene) there is also Seth
edit:

edit
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 02:35:19 AM by fiol »

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 02, 2011, 02:47:45 AM »
This is getting me hyped even further!

Anyway, is it just me, or is this game getting the same level of hype as Battlefield 3, or maybe even higher?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 02:50:30 AM by Mikel »

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 02, 2011, 03:12:08 AM »
I just hope that the remaining 2/3 are edits just like Saiki and Billy, relay hope they are unexpected too

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 02, 2011, 03:33:40 AM »
dat blue mary man

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 02, 2011, 03:57:56 AM »
I was wondering something...

After watching the new gameplay videos from EVO, did the voice actors record new dialogue for characters like Iori, Kyo, and Vice for example, or did they add their old voice clips from previous KOF games? And, one thing I wanted to ask in relation to Kyo is:

After hearing his version of the "ASOBI WA ORWARI DA!" saying, I was thinking after hearing that, Tomokazu Sugita (His seiyuu from the Japanese dub of the KOF Movie) became his new Seiyuu, or maybe, its just Masahiro Nonaka using a deeper voice?

Merged this topic into the general thread since they are related. -nilcam
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 04:02:47 AM by nilcam »

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 02, 2011, 04:56:48 AM »
Hmm... I wonder if any of the guys at EVO asked if KOF95 Netcode is a preview of what we can expect from KOFXIII netcode. Because all I keep hearing is that KOF95 Netcode is great, so I'm curious if KOFXIII is using the same technology or if SNKP is responsible of that netcode.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 02, 2011, 05:15:34 AM »
Because it will still be a pain in the ass to had to buy characters every month plus the whole re-balance of the game

It's worked out pretty well for MK9. Freddy Krueger not withstanding.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 02, 2011, 05:26:41 AM »
Hmm... I wonder if any of the guys at EVO asked if KOF95 Netcode is a preview of what we can expect from KOFXIII netcode. Because all I keep hearing is that KOF95 Netcode is great, so I'm curious if KOFXIII is using the same technology or if SNKP is responsible of that netcode.

I don't think so.  Neogeo Station is one on one with no lobbies, and only one on one.  If they plan to have lobbies or clans or anything on the console, I wonder if this netcode can be used.

And the KOF 95 netcode is good.  Played hundreds of matches already.  My Ralf goes through Kyo like butter.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 02, 2011, 06:20:42 AM »
  My Ralf goes through Kyo like butter.

Soooo tempted to make a gay joke right now.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 02, 2011, 06:49:52 AM »
I noticed at least a handful of people are still hopeful that Geese might make it to the console version. Unfortunately when a question about his inclusion was asked at the Evo panel, they responded saying Geese was not a good match for this game. They went on to say that they love the character and hope to bring him back sometime in the future.

Sorry if this ruins anyone's day. But it's better to be let down now than later. I for one would have loved to see Geese in this game.