Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread:Console Edition (UPDATE 8/26 1st page)  (Read 370111 times)

IceWater

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2011, 06:38:33 AM »
the one with the red stage? i think thats his xi ldm.

Nah its under related info, its got the city backdrop with the helicopter and stuff.

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/info/img/20110729/p_01.jpg
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 06:43:18 AM by IceWater »
Xbox Live: Austinm416
Games: SF3OE/KOFXIII

JTSNOW6

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2011, 06:39:44 AM »
LASKJNGJDLTRKGTRILFKJANMWLAERGKLRLVNDRMSLBANFSLKGJNBSRLJFNVSSLTGNJSLMVSLGJLMZOTRNG

8=======D~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH DC GUYS WHO ARE OVER AT EVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, one of Iori 98's DMs is quarter circle forward times FOUR??  Lawl

Edit: Ah, my bad.  Never delved deep into Iori in 2K2UM and barely played XI (Never played 2K1 and played 2K3 like once)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 06:57:41 AM by JTSNOW6 »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2011, 06:40:55 AM »
hes had that one since 01 i believe. its the slash into fire pillar finisher after his dm.

indeed, thats his hcb+K move.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2011, 06:41:33 AM »
BTW, one of Iori 98's DMs is quarter circle forward times FOUR??  Lawl

Yeah, it's always been like that, you do it after his qcf,hcb+P DM.

Phoenixazure

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2011, 06:42:32 AM »
The whole back of their sprite visible has raised a big question for me. Will we ever see their backs in actual gameplay, did they make a 2nd set of sprites for the opposite direction or is this more of a novelty thing?

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2011, 06:45:06 AM »
The whole back of their sprite visible has raised a big question for me. Will we ever see their backs in actual gameplay, did they make a 2nd set of sprites for the opposite direction or is this more of a novelty thing?

You can see the back of some characters, for example Kyo. But maybe you can have Icons on the backs? They talked about icons in the description of the game in RSG page.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2011, 06:47:12 AM »

thats something id invisioned for an ultimate style 2d fighter, ultimate in regards to looks. but knowing how much something like that would cost, its something that will probably never happen in a 2d fighter. and personally i wouldnt even want it, mainly because all that animstion it would take you could get a complete other character instead of it. but simple things like getting sagats good eye on the side it should be should be done imo., something simple like that is easy, its not like oro where youd have to change all his moves and such cause the tied up arm couldnt do certain moves otherwise. ramon is another one of those sagat examples, easy to do but not done for some reason.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2011, 06:47:21 AM »
After looking at all the pics from Story mode it would be weird to not have voice works with it (i know English voices are out). That is the main thing that concerns me about such mode, but like i said before, if they are silent scenes then i'm not gonna die about it.

jeremycarrier

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2011, 06:49:02 AM »
*sees all the godlike trailers and info*

...pleeeeeeeease don't suck ass, netcode

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2011, 06:57:20 AM »
After looking at all the pics from Story mode it would be weird to not have voice works with it (i know English voices are out). That is the main thing that concerns me about such mode, but like i said before, if they are silent scenes then i'm not gonna die about it.

Yes... those cutscenes deserve to be voiced in English and/or Japanese. That is the only thing I'm dissapointed atm.

Phoenixazure

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2011, 06:57:56 AM »
Well, at least its chock full of content. No complaints of a barebones game hopefully. Its got the standard modes Tutorial, Survival, Mission, Arcade and Story Modes. Its meeting Blazblue level content by the least.

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2011, 07:03:02 AM »
Damn all this info is coming so fast. Hope they still have stuff to reveal when I finally get to evo tomorrow.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2011, 07:03:34 AM »
Partial Site translation info by Toxico from MMCafe:

Actually the guy said "DLC character, "Flame wielding Iori", coming soon. The download content of the site only shows Iori as of now.

OK : DLC section of the site : (rough)

"Jump to the online stores, additional content can be bought varying from Custom Themes (wallpapers), Games Icon, Additional Character, stages and BGMs will also be available".

Game mode section (what I cared of)

Customize : (rough) "Associated to your online profile, there it will be the available option of personally modifying your characters for combat and accessing them via online (with this I'm understanding that you can "transport" your customizations to other consoles as long as you have access to your profile). In addition to the default costumes there it will be 5 spaces for your own customized models, we encourage you to try these!".

Mission : (rough) "This mode will contain 3 different types of mission challenges, we encourage you to try your skills with these.

Time attack : Utilize 1 character to go through the 1p game, rankings can be updated online.
Survival : Challenge the CPU with the restriction of having a single life bar, how long can you survive?
Trial : Challenges exclusive to the selected character, not only will be oriented towards combos. This mode will incline players to learn advanced techniques by having a live example of how they are performed."

edit

Blog reopened. Nothing that we don't know already was said, what caught my attention was that they were looking forward to add things that they thought of in the arcade version, but couldn't get into completion then.

The "Story" tab has a "Visual novel" header... So it looks that your options are going to affect the cinema displays that you are going to look at... I remember that back then, early in the year the novelist that associates with KoF stated that he was "gonna work" in something then (probably SNK related), perhaps this was it?

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2011, 07:07:58 AM »
i actually dont mind them asking $$ for alt versions like alt kyo (only outfit change) or bg's and music. too bad they are making a playable character dlc though. if itt only meant getting the outfit you wouldnt have to buy it if iori played the same. now they are basically forcing you to buy it if you wanna play flame iori, damn man.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2011, 07:09:36 AM »
i actually dont mind them asking $$ for alt versions like alt kyo (only outfit change) or bg's and music. too bad they are making a playable character dlc though. if itt only meant getting the outfit you wouldnt have to buy it if iori played the same. now they are basically forcing you to buy it if you wanna play flame iori, damn man.

You are getting the game for 50 dllrs now +5 of Iori DLC. I don't see how that is bad.