Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread:Console Edition (UPDATE 8/26 1st page)  (Read 373590 times)

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition
« Reply #270 on: July 30, 2011, 08:55:20 PM »
I don't see why people are so upset over spectator mode. When I'm online, I want to play, not watch. I've been in too many online games with spectator mode and had the room laggy because of it. I want smooth fights online. The game has replay mode so a way to share replays should be implemented.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 30, 2011, 08:56:49 PM »
Is weird than some fans will just not buy the game for the lack of spectator mode, merely because

1) If they are not rabid KOF fans or fighting game fans I doubt that they wanted the game to watch others play or that the lack of spectator mode will made them not buy the game
2) If they are rabid KOF fans, they should be looking to play this game for at least 16 months.

Not saying that is not true, but is hard to believe for me that one will not buy a game just because you can't watch others play.

Still, I don't believe that SNKP could create an arcade mode like in XII did, unless the big amount of players really could kill the netcode
i doubt anyone wants a game just to watch other people play (i mean shit you can do that on youtube) but im sure the new might actually like do learn something about different characters and learn some new things i kinda of think no spec mode would be more of a learning block than anything else

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 30, 2011, 08:57:46 PM »
That's true, I hope that at least they could release it as a DLC or something like that

More than an spectator mode, SNKP should made an replay mode organized where you can watch fights

The first ones by the better ranked players and so
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 09:00:40 PM by sibarraz »

Waifu Material

krazykone123

« Reply #273 on: July 30, 2011, 08:59:42 PM »
The lack of spectator mode sucks hard.

Vice close D is 2 hit now. semi-new animation.

she has a 'lay on ground' winpose too.

Cool beans, now give me back her old crouch C SNKP.

Phoenixazure

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 30, 2011, 08:59:46 PM »
 If they want to watch, then they can watch replays. Thats what replay mode is for. It's kind of annoying that people are demanding a feature that sounds great on paper, but not that great in practice. I can see it being a problem for streaming purposes, but otherwise, i don't want people lagging my games.

UltimaOriginal

• New Challenger
  • Bernstein
    • View Profile
    • devaintArt
« Reply #275 on: July 30, 2011, 09:01:12 PM »
[i doubt anyone wants a game just to watch other people play (i mean shit you can do that on youtube) but im sure the new might actually like do learn something about different characters and learn some new things i kinda of think no spec mode would be more of a learning block than anything else

What would you prefer: learning block (what is a part of DreamCancel for?) or good online battles without lag (nilcam, I agree)?
SNK would make a great money, if they made a conspiracy/thriller style movie about the production of KOF XII/XIII. (с)

jeremycarrier

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 30, 2011, 09:01:34 PM »
Just because you don't care for Spectator Mode isn't a good argument for it to NOT be in the game. It's a great way for friends who never see each other to connect in one room, watch matches, commentate, shoot the shit and catch-up, and grow the community in general, bringing an arcade like experience to online play. And now that's all gone, because SNKP didn't implement one of the most basic fighting game features in Spectator Mode.

Will this stop me from buying the game? No. Does it suck? Absolutely.

Dechimo

• New Challenger
  • KOF Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 30, 2011, 09:02:08 PM »
Same here I don't really care about spectator mode I just want the game right now, who know maybe after release
date they could give us a patch with  spectator mode.

PSN: kimkaphan

AzureTAG

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 30, 2011, 09:04:15 PM »
The lack of spectator mode sucks hard.

Cool beans, now give me back her old crouch C SNKP.

Vice's and Mature's old jump B (a Jump in)would be nice too >.>
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 10:57:08 PM by TAG7191 »

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 30, 2011, 09:04:36 PM »
[i doubt anyone wants a game just to watch other people play (i mean shit you can do that on youtube) but im sure the new might actually like do learn something about different characters and learn some new things i kinda of think no spec mode would be more of a learning block than anything else

What would you prefer: learning block (what is a part of DreamCancel for?) or good online battles without lag (nilcam, I agree)?
i would prefer a spectator mode ive always been more of a hands on learner yes i can look at combos (or learn something from a book or whatev's) but it seems stick better when i actually see it then try it

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 30, 2011, 09:07:08 PM »
The game will not had even a multiple lobby mode?

Is that so, then it really sucks

Waifu Material

UltimaOriginal

• New Challenger
  • Bernstein
    • View Profile
    • devaintArt
« Reply #281 on: July 30, 2011, 09:09:35 PM »
i would prefer a spectator mode ive always been more of a hands on learner yes i can look at combos (or learn something from a book or whatev's) but it seems stick better when i actually see it then try it

You should've started with it, at least.

Oh well, anyway, if there will be spec mode, I'm sure some people will start hate for uncomfortable online battles. If SNKP can do a miracle to make online play with watching work fine.
SNK would make a great money, if they made a conspiracy/thriller style movie about the production of KOF XII/XIII. (с)

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 30, 2011, 09:11:03 PM »
Isn't imposible, I recall that continuum shift had an excellent spectator mode, SF IV, not so much unless you were watching matchesof friends for your area

Waifu Material

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 30, 2011, 09:12:55 PM »
Isn't imposible, I recall that continuum shift had an excellent spectator mode, SF IV, not so much unless you were watching matchesof friends for your area
yeah as of now cs still has the best online for any fighting game

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 30, 2011, 09:15:23 PM »
Find the spectator mode complaints sort of laughable, just play the damn game. If you want to learn something then you will learn far more from watching top players via youtube than your friend or a random player online.

After over a year of just watching the last thing I want to do is watch some more if I can play it.

Changes from Otakon:

Mai has a B > D target combo. Dunno if it cancels,

Hwa's weak dragB DM is command grab!

Loving all the extensive changes.

Even if Mai's new target combo isn't cancleable into a special it should be into HD mode. Didn't someone, I want to say Kane, say that one major negative for her was no easy hit confirm into HD? This should address that.

Vice going back to her old 2 hit sD perhaps? It was easy hit confirms into whatever in KOF2002.