Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread:Console Edition (UPDATE 8/26 1st page)  (Read 370091 times)

Chlorophylle

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition
« Reply #300 on: July 31, 2011, 12:55:19 AM »
A lot of HD videos from the console version :

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/the-king-of-fighters-xiii/videos.html?mode=all

There are new ingame voices for the characters it seems. I don't remenber Arcade Athena saying " Daijobu " when she rolls after a knock down, and Yuri's " iyann " when she does her divekick is different from tha arcade version.
There may be more examples, i've only watched 2 videos.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 12:59:59 AM by Chlorophylle »

AzureTAG

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 31, 2011, 01:22:54 AM »

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/the-king-of-fighters-xiii/videos.html?mode=all

There are new ingame voices for the characters it seems. I don't remenber Arcade Athena saying " Daijobu " when she rolls after a knock down, and Yuri's " iyann " when she does her divekick is different from tha arcade version.

Yes I noticed ALOT of new voices plus some older voices got put in (King now has her 03/XI death cry). Kula's EX Ray Spin doesn't go as high it seems.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

PurpGuy

• Rising Dragon
  • XBox Live: PurpGuy
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 31, 2011, 02:15:29 AM »
I would rather have online training mode more than spectator, shit I dont waste 15 minutes watching other people play when I could be playing, on the plus side online training mode can hold 2 players while waiting in the lobby with 5 other players, its that simple too hope snkp includes this option

Online Training Mode would be a lot better imo

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 31, 2011, 02:21:28 AM »

I see that Iori has some new dialouge too, same with Yuri.

I always thought that Iori had a new seiyuu in place of Kunihiko Yasui, but I still do hear some bits of Yasui in his voice. My guess is that some of the characters got new seiyuus...
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 02:23:00 AM by Mikel »

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 31, 2011, 02:30:47 AM »
Wow! true! a lot of new voices added!

In Mai case, which is I know better:

-She says something when wakes up
-Now says "mairimasu" when enters into HD
-Different "Ryuenbu!" voice, but still keeping arcade version one too. So now she has 2 different ryuenbu voices, but it looks like is random. Does her light Ryuenbu 2 hits now?
-She has some different voice when gets hit
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

jeremycarrier

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 31, 2011, 02:34:45 AM »
I just worry about the lack of spectator mode putting a damper on the growth of the community. KoF already has a tiny fanbase, and now its offering a product that doesn't have basic features other, more popular competitors have. The few hardcore gamers like us will buy it, but that kills a lot of the attractiveness of the game for many players, a game that already has a lot stacked against it(Capcom fighters left and right, consumer trust completely out the window after KoFXII and all the other shitty netcode titles SNKP has had for years NGBC aside, etc).

WE, at DC, are gonna buy it, but quite frankly, for this game to succeed, we simply aren't enough. We need important features like Spectator Mode, or I can quite easily see this game dying before it even gets a chance.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 31, 2011, 02:46:12 AM »
The casual gamers really don't care for online mode enough to just don't buy the game for spectator mode, hell, just with story mode and other thing that game is more attrative for casual gamers

And there are tons of fighting games fans that will buy it just because is a fighter

Hell, the only place where I saw ever some complaining for lack of spectator mode in MVC3 was in SRK
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 02:48:29 AM by sibarraz »

Waifu Material

IceWater

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 31, 2011, 02:55:22 AM »
I really can't see someone not buying the game just because there's no spectator mode. It's a really minor feature and the game's got replays which are far more useful imo.
Xbox Live: Austinm416
Games: SF3OE/KOFXIII

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 31, 2011, 03:08:19 AM »
SAB you were at otakon? Did you enter in the tournament?

Any talked about the monstous lag between 2 people in Hyper drive during the demo?

I'm know i'm late to ask but does shen woo's charge qcf+C not take guage?

I don't see why people are so upset over spectator mode. When I'm online, I want to play, not watch. I've been in too many online games with spectator mode and had the room laggy because of it. I want smooth fights online. The game has replay mode so a way to share replays should be implemented.

QFT.

Also, I manage to get five more KOF XIII posters and brought them back home in perfect condition. Sometime this week, I'll head to a place to get a poster scanned.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 03:19:58 AM by AmedoS310 »

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 31, 2011, 03:22:45 AM »
SAB you were at otakon? Did you enter in the tournament?

Any talked about the monstous lag between 2 people in Hyper drive during the demo?

I'm know i'm late to ask but does shen woo's charge qcf+C not take guage?

It does not take meter but you have to remember when Shen is charging that up he's just standing still and can't block or roll.

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 31, 2011, 03:23:00 AM »
I wouldn't mind the lack of spectator mode anyway.

To me, it would cause more lag in a game depending on the player's connection, and that is a huge letdown. That is why I think that Spectator mode isn't needed that much, namely for lag issues.

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #312 on: July 31, 2011, 03:23:39 AM »
Shows the theme before the start of the match. That's interesting. I guess it would be easier to note if you changed Esaka Continues to Esaka? too.

If SNKP decides to release an expanded soundtrack, I'm getting it.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 03:25:33 AM by Aenthin »

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #313 on: July 31, 2011, 03:52:56 AM »
I wouldn't mind the lack of spectator mode anyway.

To me, it would cause more lag in a game depending on the player's connection, and that is a huge letdown. That is why I think that Spectator mode isn't needed that much, namely for lag issues.

So when you're playing KOF13 online with your friends, you're gonna just sit there watching a blank screen with no idea what kind of tactics you're friends are employing?

BlazBlue's netcode was excellent, and could handle a full room with spectators just fine.

SNK is just being retarded, like always. Capcom made a huge mistake not including spectating in Marvel vs Capcom 3, now they are rectifying that mistake in Ultimate. You'd think SNK would of learned from Capcom's but mistakes, but nope...

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 31, 2011, 04:00:56 AM »
The thing is, SNK is not Capcom or Arc System Works who had more money than them, hell, this is SNKP the same company than couldn't even create a decent netcode to give us a fucking decent match with 100 or more ping unless you were playing NGBC, and even then with a big ''maybe'' even big companies like warner and capcom screwed the online with the netcode in MVC3 and MK9

People are just asking too much for a company than 1 year ago was the worse company netcode-wise in the whole business, first I want a decent netcode to play and later I will ask for more things
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 04:08:39 AM by sibarraz »

Waifu Material