Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread:Console Edition (UPDATE 8/26 1st page)  (Read 370222 times)

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition
« Reply #465 on: August 02, 2011, 06:16:28 PM »
it took all my willpower to not want to punch my monitor because of those guys

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 02, 2011, 06:17:47 PM »
Yup, that's the new winpose. You can also see her 2 hit Standing ;d in the vid, too.

Yeah, saw that one, nice.
To everyone watching the video....I suggest turning the audio off, just a suggestion.

Can´t wait to have more news about this game, I hope by the end of this month we get something.

Aion

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 02, 2011, 06:33:04 PM »
1. Netcode, netcode, netcode. Will the game feature lobbies, clans, ranked matches, etc.
SNK/PLAYMORE:
“Quality online play” is our development team’s top priority, so I’m confident that we’ll meet your expectations. As for the details of the Network mode, we do have ranked matches. It will have no clan support, however; we believe that for this game it’s best for each player to go head to head with others. Whether it is a ranked match or a casual player match, this game’s online play will be a truly enjoyable experience.

http://dreamcancel.com/?p=1565

Thanks. I guess it wouldn't make much sense to have clan battles if there's no spectator mode...

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 02, 2011, 06:40:20 PM »
SAB-CA did you fight with or against K' much? Did he seem visibly nerfed?

How about Saiki? Did he feel balanced or potentially overpowered?

it took all my willpower to not want to punch my monitor because of those guys

Lucky I was at work when watching then, no sound hehe.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 02, 2011, 07:13:10 PM »
wow doing fb's and dp's for no appearant reason at all and not getting punished for them. you do that shit twice against me and your dead. 3 times if its my first characters. i say me but that pretty much goes for anybody that knows kof even a little.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

AzureTAG

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 02, 2011, 08:40:11 PM »
wow doing fb's and dp's for no appearant reason at all and not getting punished for them. you do that shit twice against me and your dead. 3 times if its my first characters. i say me but that pretty much goes for anybody that knows kof even a little.

Did you notice Yuri actually tried to mash DP? I guess someone shoulda mentioned that don't work here, no 100 frames of invincibility in KOF!

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 02, 2011, 09:27:22 PM »
actually a lot of dp's from kof have way more invincible frames or autoguard than sf dp's (rising taco, kyos dp etc.) the biggest difference is that 2 miss timed dp's means its the end of the line for that character. kof characters got good health, but with the big combos that don't require much bars its like all kof characters are seth from sf4. mashing dp pretty much means you dont know wtf your doing (unless your playing super ken online or hon in rb2.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #472 on: August 02, 2011, 11:04:35 PM »
SAB-CA did you fight with or against K' much? Did he seem visibly nerfed?

How about Saiki? Did he feel balanced or potentially overpowered?

I played K' very little myself, and the people that played him didn't make him feel any better than a Kyo. Most people who played K', Kyo, or Kula, were much more comfortable with the latter 2, than the former.

When I played him, I didn't feel particularly great. I liked other people's hops better (very weird, I love Lin's Hop D in 2k2UM, K' shoulda been similiar, but it just felt GOOD for me, not stand-out fantastic), and the fact it lost crossup properties was kinda funny (it's easier to cross up with Terry's Hop ;D, and lets not even mention Takuma's!).

I'm confident he would have felt strong, if I took the time to get comfortable with him on those sticks, but I was much more interested in playing characters people don't see all the time.

Saiki... I had more problems with Ash, than Saiki, TBH. All the little flame kisses on screen, the great zoning tactics, the deft movements... at the quality I played him / others played him, Saiki just felt like a poor man's Ash, lol. I tried him once, lost miserably, and decided if I was gonna play somone new, I'd stick with Billy, instead. I could see Saiki working great once you learn his in's and out's, but with so much move versatility, it was really easy to drive cancel on accident, or waste a DM doing something at a time where most characters wouldn't HAVE a cancel.

Billy ALSO felt weird, as his staff's priority and "hurt" zones felt much different than I'm used to with him. I wanted him to provide meaty coverage for himself, kinda like Whip, but instead, he seemed very much like he needed to aim his blows percisely. And he wasn't masher friendly at all, leading to a lot of un-intended staff twirling. He seemed to go into said blows much easier than Clark or Joe, which threw me off a few times.

I wasn't THAT comfortable with my Chin play, but I had more people screaming that he, Hwa, and Maxima were cheap, than any other K' or Kula's. The new changes to K' uppercuts made the old Minute Spikes combos awkward for many, and since pretty much everyone I play can grapple, his more-punishable recoveries lead to quick deaths for many neophite-K's.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 03, 2011, 01:23:54 AM »
yo quick question anybody hear anything about ex iori cause today ive started hearing a lot of people say he's day 1 dlc

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 03, 2011, 01:26:04 AM »
yo quick question anybody hear anything about ex iori cause today ive started hearing a lot of people say he's day 1 dlc

All we know is that in Japan Flame Iori is Pre-order free DLC, so most likely he will be day one Pay DLC in Japan for those who didn't pre-order.

For US/EU, nothing has been said, but for what I can see is that Flame Iori might be already unlocked in the US/EU version, since he just appears as an extra character in the Atlus Website and it says nothing about him been DLC.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: August 03, 2011, 02:15:10 AM »
Anyone tries to see changes on Kim/Yuri, i'm bit afraid some technologies will miss on console version.
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #476 on: August 03, 2011, 02:21:42 AM »
Kim has EX Air DM now. I didn't really PLAY Kim more than once or twice, so I couldn't say much more.

Yuri... has more voice samples? I'm not sure if her "1000 slaps" was always a normal throw on ;b and a dashing throw on ;d in arcade... but that's how it is now! Short range one has a miss animation, just as if someone like Maxima had attempted a grab. From as little as I played, everything else seemed just as solid as it was in Arcade.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 03, 2011, 02:35:04 AM »
For US/EU, nothing has been said, but for what I can see is that Flame Iori might be already unlocked in the US/EU version, since he just appears as an extra character in the Atlus Website and it says nothing about him been DLC.

That's a good point, never though about that. For some reason i think he will be DLC for US/EU, SNKP needs to get as much money as they can from this game, unless that DLC money goes to the respective publishers, i don't know how the DLC business works.

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
  • aka NegroNinja aka Biki aka HotPockets
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 03, 2011, 02:43:28 AM »
Hmmmn Kim's EX Air DM...I dunno does anyone else feel like if you were gonna use an EX DM it would've just been his ground version? Save DC bar and all, and the standard air DM was good enough for surprise DMs anyway. Oh well, never hurts Kim to have more combo options...now if only we could get baseball slide back!

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #479 on: August 03, 2011, 02:51:35 AM »
Hmmmn Kim's EX Air DM...I dunno does anyone else feel like if you were gonna use an EX DM it would've just been his ground version? Save DC bar and all, and the standard air DM was good enough for surprise DMs anyway. Oh well, never hurts Kim to have more combo options...now if only we could get baseball slide back!

The importat part is that it allows him to use EX DM out of his flying kick command normal. So any situation where you can land that kick, just got a potential final damage buff to it. That doesn't require an extra DC or anything either, so in the end, it's a buff to one of Kim's best new moves.