Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread:Console Edition (UPDATE 8/26 1st page)  (Read 369995 times)

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
  • aka NegroNinja aka Biki aka HotPockets
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition
« Reply #480 on: August 03, 2011, 03:05:30 AM »
So instead of doing air qcb BD after flying kick into EXDM they go straight into EXDM. That's cool too.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 03, 2011, 03:11:01 AM »
It seems the guys from SkullGirls will be the first ones to implement Online Training Mode, I kinda wished SNKP was the one to do so. All because they are hearing the people suggestions or reading their Facebook.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 03, 2011, 03:13:48 AM »
It seems the guys from SkullGirls will be the first ones to implement Online Training Mode, I kinda wished SNKP was the one to do so. All because they are hearing the people suggestions or reading their Facebook.
i dont really care who did it first im just glad somebody listened

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: August 03, 2011, 03:21:44 AM »

Yeah, that is true, but this could help SNKP a lot to get people into KOF.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 03, 2011, 03:56:12 AM »

Yeah, that is true, but this could help SNKP a lot to get people into KOF.
imo i dont really think people would flock to a game because of a online training mode yes its a wonderful addition but people who really want to learn the game will find out how by any means necessary

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 03, 2011, 03:58:49 AM »
SAB-CA did you fight with or against K' much? Did he seem visibly nerfed?

How about Saiki? Did he feel balanced or potentially overpowered?

I played K' very little myself, and the people that played him didn't make him feel any better than a Kyo. Most people who played K', Kyo, or Kula, were much more comfortable with the latter 2, than the former.

When I played him, I didn't feel particularly great. I liked other people's hops better (very weird, I love Lin's Hop D in 2k2UM, K' shoulda been similiar, but it just felt GOOD for me, not stand-out fantastic), and the fact it lost crossup properties was kinda funny (it's easier to cross up with Terry's Hop ;D, and lets not even mention Takuma's!).

I'm confident he would have felt strong, if I took the time to get comfortable with him on those sticks, but I was much more interested in playing characters people don't see all the time.

Saiki... I had more problems with Ash, than Saiki, TBH. All the little flame kisses on screen, the great zoning tactics, the deft movements... at the quality I played him / others played him, Saiki just felt like a poor man's Ash, lol. I tried him once, lost miserably, and decided if I was gonna play somone new, I'd stick with Billy, instead. I could see Saiki working great once you learn his in's and out's, but with so much move versatility, it was really easy to drive cancel on accident, or waste a DM doing something at a time where most characters wouldn't HAVE a cancel.

Billy ALSO felt weird, as his staff's priority and "hurt" zones felt much different than I'm used to with him. I wanted him to provide meaty coverage for himself, kinda like Whip, but instead, he seemed very much like he needed to aim his blows percisely. And he wasn't masher friendly at all, leading to a lot of un-intended staff twirling. He seemed to go into said blows much easier than Clark or Joe, which threw me off a few times.

I wasn't THAT comfortable with my Chin play, but I had more people screaming that he, Hwa, and Maxima were cheap, than any other K' or Kula's. The new changes to K' uppercuts made the old Minute Spikes combos awkward for many, and since pretty much everyone I play can grapple, his more-punishable recoveries lead to quick deaths for many neophite-K's.

Thanks very much man.

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile

pablofsi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 03, 2011, 05:08:02 AM »
What's good about an online training mode? Showing off your combo skillz!one to people?

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 03, 2011, 05:10:39 AM »
What's good about an online training mode? Showing off your combo skillz!one to people?

No m8 u can train while being in a q for the next match

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 03, 2011, 05:13:39 AM »

Nop, you can teach someone stuff from long distance, practice certain scenarios with friends, etc etc.

No m8 u can train while being in a q for the next match

Nah, that is something completely different, that is just been able to train while waiting for a match. Online Training mode should be more like having a Match but without having time,life and round restrictions.

Aion

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 03, 2011, 05:52:39 AM »
Yuri... has more voice samples? I'm not sure if her "1000 slaps" was always a normal throw on ;b and a dashing throw on ;d in arcade... but that's how it is now! Short range one has a miss animation, just as if someone like Maxima had attempted a grab. From as little as I played, everything else seemed just as solid as it was in Arcade.
Saywaaaaaaaaat!

That's awesome man, I'm glad they gave her that! I wonder what other changes she has...

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 03, 2011, 06:04:38 AM »
I doubt that Iori will be DLC in one place and in other one not, that will piss some japanese fans imo so I don't believe that SNKP will take the risk of pissing some fans and not make some money

Waifu Material

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 03, 2011, 07:03:52 AM »
http://bbs.kofunion.net/read.php?tid=157504

Cool Cool

I like, I cant wait to touch the console version, may take a few days off work for it lol.

Thx again for the info and shit as always a11111357  ;)

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 03, 2011, 07:31:33 AM »
http://bbs.kofunion.net/read.php?tid=157504

Cool Cool

I like, I cant wait to touch the console version, may take a few days off work for it lol.

Thx again for the info and shit as always a11111357  ;)

It's a shame that the actual KOFXIII Flame Iori Sprite doesn't loop like that, for what I have notice in the Atlus Site videos his sprite moves like his Flameless version. I like his sprite to be looping over and over, because his movements look like a Snake, which fits him perfectly because he has the Orochi Flames.

StickyStaines

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 03, 2011, 07:48:19 AM »

Funny thing was is that i suggested that on the Skullgirls facebook page ages ago as a potential feature. Got a link to where you heard it was in? getting kinda off topic so you can PM it to me if you wish.