Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread:Console Edition (UPDATE 8/26 1st page)  (Read 370202 times)

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread: Console Edition
« Reply #525 on: August 04, 2011, 06:11:21 AM »
Godamnit XIII is dead, deeaaaad, just kidding.

If we count both SNKP games, together they get 218.7 points, just 0.1 point above BBCS2.

Hopefully they provide an update for the arcades so the game can pick up some steam again.

This, i've read No.17 said a patch for the arcade version is possible, it doesn't mean it's gonna happen but that's something
well lets hope they update the arcade version i ain't to sure about the tourney scene in japan but im sure most of em use cabs instead of consoles

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: August 04, 2011, 06:46:26 AM »
KOFXIII blog got updated with info regarding Billy Kane:
http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/blog/archives/2011/08/post_32.html

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: August 04, 2011, 07:09:01 AM »
the most win would be if we could get 2 complete extra teams with this game (one with yamazaki ofcourse).
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: August 04, 2011, 07:28:09 AM »
I didn't want to have a doubt, so i took a look at MMCafe, and i found the message about a possible arcade patch:

http://www.mmcafe.com/cgi-bin/forums/bbs/messages/13297.shtml#57820

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: August 04, 2011, 08:00:24 AM »
OMG AT THEIR VOICES/REACTIONS ON WAKE-UP!!!
ビリーコンボ 2
ビリーNEOMAX
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

UltimaOriginal

• New Challenger
  • Bernstein
    • View Profile
    • devaintArt
« Reply #530 on: August 04, 2011, 08:11:51 AM »
OMG AT THEIR VOICES/REACTIONS ON WAKE-UP!!!

It can be noticed in gametrailer's casual matches video. I remember Kyo saying on wake-up "Kono yaro" (You're bastard).
SNK would make a great money, if they made a conspiracy/thriller style movie about the production of KOF XII/XIII. (с)

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: August 04, 2011, 08:19:38 AM »
It can be noticed in gametrailer's casual matches video. I remember Kyo saying on wake-up "Kono yaro" (You're bastard).

See, stuff like that I won't understand because I have like 2% of Japanese knowledge and most of this Voice additions will pass by me. If they had English Voices at least I would have an idea of this. Oh well, maybe next time, or maybe they can make English Voices as DLC lol.

Anyways, here is the KOFXIII Billy Kane Blog translated by Toxico from MMCafe:

About Billy Kane
Good day everyone, this is yuzuko.
It's so hot over here....

Now let's listed about the details of the console exclusive character Billy Kane straight from YamaP ( 山P , this goes to describe the main producer (Yamamoto))

Billy Kane, who's bandana and costume are tailored as his original Garou Densetsu get up!
In order to control this character certain fixed requirements must be fulfilled first.

How come this character came to be chosen?
Yamamoto P : Popularity, Fighting Style and to bring balance to the cast variety (T: as in, he doesn't break the originality mold that the cast balance has as of now). It is a fact that by Choosing Raiden, Hwa and Billy we can have an "Garou 1 rival / enemy team", we thought that allowing that was a good idea and many fans thought the same on their own before this character was introduced.
For that instance, we absolutely had to go with his Garou 1 costume and appearance, even though we didn't go for his Long Pole stick but rather with his 3 part stick (T: Kinda unsure about the phrasing of the weapons).

The command attacks of this character, what are they like?
Yamamoto P : 「大回転蹴り」 「棒高跳び蹴り」 「竿打ち」, it's these 3.
Additionally we added a 「竿打ち(←+LP)」 move. (This move takes inspiration in his dodge and attack move (from KoF 95'))
His 大回転蹴り (→+A) move is where he jumps with his pole and then kicks.
His 棒高跳び蹴り (→+B) is his jumping kick will be equipped with some lower body invincibility since Billy actually is not in the ground while he does this move.

The special attacks of this character, what are they like?
Yamamoto P : 「三節棍中段打ち」 「火炎三節棍中段打ち」 「旋風棍」 「雀落とし」 「強襲飛翔棍」 , all of them will be available as EX modes. The commands are modeled after KoF Billy standards, we believe that people who have played before with the character will have no problem with that.
The proper use of the 「強襲飛翔棍」 ( / ) will make it so that this character is very strong in the combo department.
With no voids left, "complete" is the what we want to be said about this character (T: He use "stronghold" ( 要塞 ) to describe the character, evading "spaces" ( 隙 ), this can be understood in other senses, but I'm not that familiar with jp game intensive terms; so who knows).

The DM techniques?
Yamamoto P : The 「超火炎旋風棍」。The NeoMax technique for him is the 「大紅蓮螺旋棍」, it's a flashy move where he engulfs the three section stick in a huge spiral of flame.

[youtube vids]

So, that how it is.

Everything is as it was already shown in the new iPhone 『KOF-i』. Thus, people can already get a glimpse of how Billy is played, since the mobility and techniques are the same.
Be sure to take advantage of this and try it home in the wake of the domestic release.

For the next opportunity we will speak about "Saiki ・ Pre transformation", until then.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: August 04, 2011, 08:42:18 AM »
^a11111357 is there a way you could translate this or at least have knowledge in general of what does it say? I'm curious to see if there is any new info there, specially with the "Rage of the Dragons" name in there.

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: August 04, 2011, 08:56:53 AM »
^a11111357 is there a way you could translate this or at least have knowledge in general of what does it say? I'm curious to see if there is any new info there, specially with the "Rage of the Dragons" name in there.
My Japanese is poor and i have only a partial understanding of it.There's a sentence mentioning that you can only play re-balanced version on console.
I also posted the link in kofunion.Hope someone here or there will translate it.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 09:18:56 AM by a11111357 »

IceWater

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: August 04, 2011, 09:17:33 AM »
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://forbidden-eagle.blogspot.com/&ei=LEY6Tt5flMC2B6XO8JMD&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCEQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://forbidden-eagle.blogspot.com%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DoNY%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26biw%3D1366%26bih%3D667%26prmd%3Divns

There's google's pitiful attempt at it. I guess this is the part you were talking about -

• The original arcade version not play at home. This is because they want only the standard adjustments for the home. KOF13 play on the PC has been around for a recent, yes that includes you want to eliminate them meaning. It may be obsolete by the arcade version it is important that people know the story ....
The leak apparently · Frionel serious trouble (laughs)
Xbox Live: Austinm416
Games: SF3OE/KOFXIII

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: August 04, 2011, 09:26:30 AM »
cut

so it's for this reason that they chose billy.. it makes sense. ;)

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo

asociale

• Strongest Tiger
  • China, Shenzhen
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: August 04, 2011, 09:42:19 AM »
^Damn it people! Stop playing 2002UM! Can't believe both version of 2002UM made it to the list.
come here in sz and there will be no 2k2um...but...97,98,2k2og xD the other kofs ...pretty dead..13 is one of em
SNK why the hell everytime you do something regarding the "online" experience is pure 屎!?!

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: August 04, 2011, 11:34:52 AM »
^Damn it people! Stop playing 2002UM! Can't believe both version of 2002UM made it to the list.
come here in sz and there will be no 2k2um...but...97,98,2k2og xD the other kofs ...pretty dead..13 is one of em

Wish I Lived There Man. I love 98.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: August 04, 2011, 11:37:52 AM »
Well Professor from MMCafe has done us the favor of translating No.17 Blog post:

Some fun stuff from #17 from his talks with SNKP staff:

-Elizabeth's alt costume came from the huge demands by fans, plus the fact that the staff wanted to add it in. On other alt stuff, they've did their best as time allowed.

-The characters are drawn by doing their sillouete first, and then drawing in the pixel art. It's actually the sillouete process that takes the most time, and drawing in the pixels isn't that bad. Because of that, it didn't take too much time to do Flame Iori, or alt stuff.

-The DLC characters will be basically be a little stronger than other characters. (#17's note: very obviously, if they want people to buy them.)

-The hit stun on jump attacks have been changed. (They might be shorter now)

-The arcade version can't be played on the home console. They want to make the arcade version's balance into the standard. Another reason is, they want to banish the pirated version of KOF 13 that's playable on PC. They realize of course that making the console into the standard will also mean killing the current arcade release.