Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread:Console Edition (UPDATE 8/26 1st page)  (Read 370046 times)

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread: Console Edition
« Reply #540 on: August 04, 2011, 11:57:32 AM »
thank you

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: August 04, 2011, 12:43:51 PM »
-Elizabeth's alt costume came from the huge demands by fans, plus the fact that the staff wanted to add it in. On other alt stuff, they've did their best as time allowed.
So, alt costumes for everyone confirmed?

-The DLC characters will be basically be a little stronger than other characters. (#17's note: very obviously, if they want people to buy them.)
This doesn't sound good... All that re-balance for nothing! :S

-They want to make the arcade version's balance into the standard.
Does this mean they are going to update arcade version?
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: August 04, 2011, 01:27:10 PM »
video game部门 ranking コックピット/アップライト部门
119页 2011年5月19日~2011年6月19日

incoming ranking

video game部门 ranking
1位 机动戦士GUNDAM EXTREME VS< bandai namco games> / 268.7 pts.
2位 BBCS2 <arc system works> / 218.6 pts.
3位 鉄拳6 BLOODLINE REBELLION < bandai namco games> / 182.4 pts.
4位 SSF4AE<capcom> / 152.3 pts.
5位 龙珠ZENKAI殊死战 < bandai namco games> / 152.1 pts.
6位 Virtua Fighter 5 FINAL SHOWDOWN <sega> / 132.9 pts.
7位 KOF2002UM for NESiCAxLlive<SNK PLAYMORE> / 130.9 pts.
8位 MELTY BLOOD Actress Again Current Code <Ecole Software> /99.4 pts.
9位 KOF2002UM<SNK PLAYMORE> / 87.8 pts.
10位 Arcana Heart 3 <EXAMU> / 85.7 pts.

So if my mathematics are right, 2002um is the second most played game in the arcades?   (or nearly as blazblue?)

Interesting

btw, will be stupid to release a patch for arcades because the game has already been leaked, the only solution will be launch it for nesica x live, and with it, unless you live in japan you will never play it
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 01:31:06 PM by sibarraz »

Waifu Material

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: August 04, 2011, 01:47:55 PM »
Drop was expected as the console version makes the current arcade build obsolete.

NESiCAxLlive is definitely the way to go, since you don't have to worry about being swapped out for a different game, not to mention patching the game becomes much easier.

Outside of Japan people will be able to play it on console so its not a problem.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 01:50:47 PM by Diavle »

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #544 on: August 04, 2011, 03:41:50 PM »
See, stuff like that I won't understand because I have like 2% of Japanese knowledge and most of this Voice additions will pass by me. If they had English Voices at least I would have an idea of this. Oh well, maybe next time, or maybe they can make English Voices as DLC lol.

Come now, you could watch a years worth of Anime, and get basic reactionary stuff like "Yarouuuu!" "Itai!" "Itai-yo!" "Daijobu-ka?" "Ikuze!" and stuff down pretty well ^_^ In one of the gamespot videos, it even sounded like Mai made a specific call-out to Andy, while fighiting him.

English might be kinda-nice to have had, but the Japanese they say isn't so complex, that a person who'se really interested, can't find out for themselves.

And with all the voicework they've added to console release, it would have become even more expensive to produce line-for-line English VO work.

---

Anywho, very interesting news from our Madman Tranlation crew, and No. 17. I can deal with DLC characters being a bit more powerful. I can deal with no arcade balance in console version (this should force the arcade to be updated, if SNKP wants US and JP to play equally at tourneys...).

With the big character cameos of people like Richard Meyer, Lilly Kane, Sho Hayate, Kushnood, and Adel, I wonder if they count the parts made to create them, as part of the "Silhouette creation" process? Or are they talking more of the ease of adding details onto pre-existing characters (Such as Kyo's new outfit), rather than making entirely new sprites?

Aion

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: August 04, 2011, 04:04:16 PM »
I personally love Yuri's "OSU!" when she get up best.

Blue

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: August 04, 2011, 05:35:44 PM »
I'm also fine with dlc characters as long as they are something reasanoble. Personaly i can see myself using Kyo98 if they add him alongside my girl King though i still don't like much the idea of dlc characters.

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: August 04, 2011, 05:52:23 PM »
See, stuff like that I won't understand because I have like 2% of Japanese knowledge and most of this Voice additions will pass by me. If they had English Voices at least I would have an idea of this. Oh well, maybe next time, or maybe they can make English Voices as DLC lol.

True, plus most of the lines I can't understand, like Saiki and Evil Ash's win quotes. English Voices might make a good DLC addition.

If SNK made the game Japanese-voice only, people like us won't understand what they are saying.

Also, here are some good news:

Pre-order sales for SNK Playmore Corp.’s The King of Fighters XIII for Sony Corp.’s Playstation 3 and Microsoft Corp.’s Xbox 360 increased this week amid a pre-order bonus soundtrack offer.

This week, the The King of Fighters XIII PS3 SKU held a sales increase of 136 percent to rank at No. 68 in Amazon’s Video Games division.

The The King of Fighters XIII Xbox 360 SKU held a 28 percent increase to rank at No. 222 in Amazon’s Video Games division.

Source: http://news.punchjump.com/2011/08/03/the-king-of-fighters-xiii-ps3-xbox-360-sales-heat-up-with-bonus/

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #548 on: August 04, 2011, 05:57:48 PM »
Japanese voices always sounded much cooler than English dubbed voices, historically. English dub sounds SO corny (look at KOFXII). Plus the fun thing is to try to find out what they are saying rather than just having there.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: August 04, 2011, 06:25:27 PM »
FFS, nowadays we have wiki to post translations. and Kof fans have always been a bit on the otaku side of things.
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread: Console Edition
« Reply #550 on: August 04, 2011, 06:27:10 PM »
Japanese voices always sounded much cooler than English dubbed voices, historically. English dub sounds SO corny (look at KOFXII). Plus the fun thing is to try to find out what they are saying rather than just having there.

Screw that.  I love me some engrish.  What da heck happened to joo mang ?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: August 04, 2011, 07:05:56 PM »
select the odor?
Kusai wa kimete!

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: August 04, 2011, 07:35:32 PM »
only thing im not liking bout console version so far are dlc characters. only like 1% of all the shitty companies do dlc thats worthwhile, and this isn't 1 of them (shits not quite as gay as capcom, but still).
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: August 04, 2011, 07:38:02 PM »
only thing im not liking bout console version so far are dlc characters. only like 1% of all the shitty companies do dlc thats worthwhile, and this isn't 1 of them (shits not quite as gay as capcom, but still).

Nowadays, companies like Midway do DLC characters for games like Mortal Kombat 2011 and such.

To me, I find DLC to be good because it can help boost sales, and give the company money.

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: August 04, 2011, 07:47:32 PM »
^while releasing the game in a decent time frame without worrying about long term longevity. this  is a successful model that's been used since guild wars started doing it.