Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread:Console Edition (UPDATE 8/26 1st page)  (Read 370114 times)

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread: Console Edition
« Reply #555 on: August 04, 2011, 07:49:09 PM »
They said dlc chars will be stronger than the rest... this is the part that sucks. Besides that, 3 DLC chars is just fine, if you are fine with DLC, of course.

I'm curious to see who will be these new god tier chars everybody will buy to win...
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: August 04, 2011, 08:04:48 PM »
Nowadays, companies like Midway do DLC characters for games like Mortal Kombat 2011 and such.

Midway? Don't you mean WB? Midway died already, unfortunately.

They said dlc chars will be stronger than the rest... this is the part that sucks. Besides that, 3 DLC chars is just fine, if you are fine with DLC, of course.

I'm curious to see who will be these new god tier chars everybody will buy to win...

Yeah I'm worried about this too, I just hope the DLC characters are tournament worthy.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: August 04, 2011, 08:10:43 PM »
So this is kind of an important question, you guys:

After the game comes out for the consoles, will you still support the arcade scene?

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: August 04, 2011, 08:13:20 PM »
Nowadays, companies like Midway do DLC characters for games like Mortal Kombat 2011 and such.

Midway? Don't you mean WB? Midway died already, unfortunately.

Yeah, I actually meant WB. Looks like I got the two companies mixed up. lol

And I hope that the DLC characters are tournament friendly anyway.

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 04, 2011, 08:16:03 PM »
I think you guys are reading too much into it.
They didn´t said that they will put cheap boss like characters, just that they will be good.
We already know that classic Iori is gonna be a great character, but do you really think he is gonna be god tier or like a boss? I heard some people even think the new Iori might be better because of certain attacks (like the neo max).
I really don´t think they will go and rebalance everything just tu put 2 characters that can fuck everything up.
I am not worried about this.
And I am one of the supporters of DLC, I want these guys to make as much money as possible.  

C 3

• Rising Dragon
  • Cat stance ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: August 04, 2011, 08:16:37 PM »
The DLC characters may enter the game stronger than the cast, but that doesnt mean they cant be balanced if need me.  They have made the effort to balance things so far, im sure theyre not going to just slack off and leave the game unbalanced.

Aside from potentially slowing down the release of the game (which to me doesnt make sence considering they are meant to be added on a seperate accord) whats the big deal with DLC characters? They have to make sure that they appeal to the casual gamers, and we all know some of the biggest things casual gamers look for are stages, specific characters and music.  No matter how good a game is, if someone isnt satisfied in one of those categories, they wont buy/keep it.

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: August 04, 2011, 08:26:17 PM »
oh man, i really am nervous about how strong the DLC are going to be. that sucks that they're trying to make them stronger on purpose, because if they're S tier that would really really suck for tournaments, we've already seen what the japanese scene looks like when there's OP characters. no diversity
In it to win it!

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #562 on: August 04, 2011, 08:32:15 PM »
In a way, I'm happy to hear that they're making them "strong". There's no way you could have said that about Elisabeth and Mature in XII. This should mean that extra care is taken into making their moves worthwhile and solid, rather than just putting characters into the game to appease headcount-fans.

Seeing how well the old characters have been re-adjusted to fit into the console game, and how well the UM games come out, I'm fairly confident in SNKP's ability to balance a game, when given time. It'd be in their best interest to make these console characters worth playing anywho, or they'd just be wasting money producing things that noone gets any use out of.

So it's in their best interest to keep them as tourney-worthy as possible,especially if they move these character to the arcade game. If SNKP liked the taste of the US tourney scene that they got this year, that also included players from Singapore, UK, JP, and more, then it's in their best interestest to keep the community as tightly-knit as possible.

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: August 04, 2011, 09:40:02 PM »
So this is kind of an important question, you guys:

After the game comes out for the consoles, will you still support the arcade scene?

It's quite obvious that this is going to be a no unless the arcade does something like putting a ps3 in a cab. There's just no reason to keep playing the arcade board when 99% of other players in the US are going to be playing on console and if the game is at Evo, it's going to be the console version.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: August 04, 2011, 09:42:26 PM »
Anybody else hoping they release more than 3 characters for DLC? I would really like to have a growing cast and something to look forward to. Really think KoF XIII should go MMO with it.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: August 04, 2011, 09:59:17 PM »
If they are ''strong'' like k' nameless and kasumi in 2002um, im fine, if they are strong like krauser in 98um then I'm in troubles

Waifu Material

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: August 04, 2011, 10:41:14 PM »

damn you guys are over reacting like a bunch of women i dont think the dlc people will be god tier im guessing they will all be mid high tier of course they will have to be a tad bit stronger if they want people to get their moneys worth

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: August 04, 2011, 11:04:20 PM »
Well, tons of videos has demonstrated us that even top tier characters like k' and raiden could be beaten, so is not that big of a deal, is a weird strategy that new characters are top tier, but seems to work, see SF IV twin edition

Top Tiers are not the final word, they could be annoying (I still hate krauser lol) but there are ways to beat them

Waifu Material

4leaf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: August 05, 2011, 12:54:30 AM »
http://blgaming.com/index.html/_/podcasts/juicy-bits/juicy-bits-s2e15-the-evo-recap-r127
@6:15 Juicebox shoutout to KOFXIII.

That is awesome, he really liked the game. He seems really motivated to talk and analyze XIII. But as he says, he will spend lots of time online, if the online is good.

On another note, I was watching GiantBomb Quick Look of SF3rd Strike and there is something in that conversation that made me realized the why lots of people don't use GGPO.

GGPO to "hide" lag, tends to distortion the graphics so what takes priority are the commands and not the graphics and it's true. Then I started thinking on how that could work for 3D games and it's kinda hard to do so, or I just can't think of a way to that work. And then KOFXIII came up to my mind, I seriously wouldn't want graphic artifacts to appear all of the sudden just to keep the game running. But also I don't know if KOFXIII can implement that tech nicely without much problems. SF3rdOE will be the first to use GGPO, lets see if it's what people really expects.