Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread:Console Edition (UPDATE 8/26 1st page)  (Read 369989 times)

asociale

• Strongest Tiger
  • China, Shenzhen
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread: Console Edition
« Reply #570 on: August 05, 2011, 02:54:09 AM »
^Damn it people! Stop playing 2002UM! Can't believe both version of 2002UM made it to the list.
come here in sz and there will be no 2k2um...but...97,98,2k2og xD the other kofs ...pretty dead..13 is one of em

Wish I Lived There Man. I love 98.

xD sometimes i say to myself...oh they stun me just with Joe...ooook!  xD
SNK why the hell everytime you do something regarding the "online" experience is pure 屎!?!

Libix

• New Challenger
  • PSN: Libix
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: August 05, 2011, 03:25:47 AM »
I think what they mean with the DLC characters is that they will "look" stronger.
If you compare New Iori and Iori with flames, witch one look stronger?
Ofc Ioir with flames will look more powerful thanks of the flame effects.
Cause why would they make such an effort to balance the console version so good otherwise?
would not make sense, they will make them look awesome to make people buy them.
That is what i think about this topic with the DLC characters so am not worried at all.

And I just signed up to this forum cause KOFXIII is awesome =P

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: August 05, 2011, 04:47:30 AM »
Welcome to DC Libix, hope you enjoy your stay!

BTW guys, why can't we get our hands on some "good" scans from the Arcadia Magazine? It's been 3 days already, I thought someone would have find them by now.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: August 05, 2011, 04:48:06 AM »
I think what they mean with the DLC characters is that they will "look" stronger.
If you compare New Iori and Iori with flames, witch one look stronger?
Ofc Ioir with flames will look more powerful thanks of the flame effects.
Cause why would they make such an effort to balance the console version so good otherwise?
would not make sense, they will make them look awesome to make people buy them.
That is what i think about this topic with the DLC characters so am not worried at all.

And I just signed up to this forum cause KOFXIII is awesome =P
err that really makes no sense at all

edit:not trying to be rude or anything
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 04:51:43 AM by Xxenace »

Libix

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: August 05, 2011, 05:15:59 AM »
Welcome to DC Libix, hope you enjoy your stay!
Thanks mate I think I will ^^

No no its fine, can you explain why it do not make sense?
Would like to hear your opinion =)

I just look at it from a company view point, that want to sell a product.
If the product looks boring and dull(a character in this case), it would not be so inviting to buy it.
I think they are going with a "wow" moment when you see the new DLC characters
Like: "damn this character looks awesome! need to get him/her and test her out!"
Maybe I'm wrong but that what I think.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: August 05, 2011, 05:22:49 AM »
i dont see the point of making a character "look" strong only to end up having people buy him/her then complain that this said dlc character sucks i mean if i expected someone strong i would expect to see someone with high damage with decent/some what low health not somebody who does sup-par damage and has decent health despite the fact that he looks like he could wreck somebody's shit

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #576 on: August 05, 2011, 05:33:54 AM »
BTW guys, why can't we get our hands on some "good" scans from the Arcadia Magazine? It's been 3 days already, I thought someone would have find them by now.

Someone on another forum said they saw a better one, but I've yet to find it myself. I really thought we'd see a better one now too, between places like KoFUnion and SpekSNK... but hasn't seemed to happen yet :(

It's really not too far off. Flames Iori's fire explosion is stupid-huge in his neomax. The first time I saw that, I figured it was overkill, effect-wise, to try and make the character look more appealing. A lot of gaming sales are driven by first-impression style stuff. The tourney scene will value the characters long term validity, but the more casual players will value their purchases looking worth the money.

But we'll see.

Libix

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: August 05, 2011, 05:38:50 AM »
i dont see the point of making a character "look" strong only to end up having people buy him/her then complain that this said dlc character sucks i mean if i expected someone strong i would expect to see someone with high damage with decent/some what low health not somebody who does sup-par damage and has decent health despite the fact that he looks like he could wreck somebody's shit

Cant a character look cool and strong, have great effects and still be balanced?
Why is that such a bad thing? it is a good marketing tool to use
A character could have attacks that could look very cool, while the moves are still balanced.
And also, who don't want awesome fighters in a fighting game? xD

to try and make the character look more appealing. A lot of gaming sales are driven by first-impression style stuff. The tourney scene will value the characters long term validity, but the more casual players will value their purchases looking worth the money.

This!, you understand what I mean <3. But I'm very sorry if I write bad, its soon 6 AM here in Sweden =_=
Well I'm off to bed now!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 05:50:33 AM by Libix »

Aion

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: August 05, 2011, 06:19:51 AM »
I agree with Libix. When you think about it, the casuals will not care about whether a character is good or not; they will buy based on looks and recognition. Then you have the competitive players that will buy the DLC regardless, op or not. So enticing people with high tier characters doesn't work on both ends.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: August 05, 2011, 07:44:11 AM »

Cant a character look cool and strong, have great effects and still be balanced?
Why is that such a bad thing? it is a good marketing tool to use
A character could have attacks that could look very cool, while the moves are still balanced.
And also, who don't want awesome fighters in a fighting game? xD

to try and make the character look more appealing. A lot of gaming sales are driven by first-impression style stuff. The tourney scene will value the characters long term validity, but the more casual players will value their purchases looking worth the money.

This!, you understand what I mean <3. But I'm very sorry if I write bad, its soon 6 AM here in Sweden =_=
Well I'm off to bed now!

never said a character couldn't look cool strong and be balanced i said i dont want anybody who just looks good but turns out to be ass

but maybe im over analyzing this topic so im just going to leave it alone

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: August 05, 2011, 10:02:06 AM »
Welcome Libix, is nice to see more european people here. Looks like DC is an overseas community. And is nice to see someone from Shiranui dojo xD

Maybe you are right, maybe when they said "a bit stronger" they meant "they will look more powerful at first sight, but they will balanced". But I must confess for me it sounds more like "they will be top tiers, so everybody will want to buy them...". We will see.

Shocked because we don't have a better scan of Arcadia silouettes yet.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: August 05, 2011, 10:03:44 AM »
*looks at Xxenace Signature*

... I thought they died! I THOUGHT THEY DIED!!!!

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: August 05, 2011, 10:08:46 AM »
They keep coming back man. They don't die; they multiply.

Anyway, back to KoF, how do you think arcades are going to deal with the PS3 to cab thing?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 10:10:41 AM by Reiki.Kito »

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: August 05, 2011, 10:14:17 AM »
They keep coming back man. They don't die; they multiply.

Anyway, back to KoF, how do you think arcades are going to deal with the PS3 to cab thing?

The PS3/360 Cab is mostly for the US. Japan will most likely get an Arcade Update a few months after the Console release.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: August 05, 2011, 10:15:47 AM »
finally some more EU folks. i need to hit up all the good eu players for the ps3 version (fr, es, it, gb). where do all these guys reside @?
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!