Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread:Console Edition (UPDATE 8/26 1st page)  (Read 370069 times)

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread: Console Edition
« Reply #720 on: August 10, 2011, 09:17:00 PM »
I was thinking, what should we name the DLC Iori from the upcoming console version? I've heard people referring to him with all sorts of names such as "98' Iori" "Classic Iori' "Flame Iori" "EX Iori" etc.

I think we should agree on a single name so we all know who we are talking about, I personally like EX Iori.

What do you guys think?

I prefer to call him Iori02, because his moveset is closer to his 02 iteration.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #721 on: August 10, 2011, 09:17:51 PM »
We'll just call him "Lori", in reference to the Southtown arcade stream + chatters!

... Ex Iori is fine, but I'll still refer to him as "Iori with the Power of Flames" (as the Atlus site does) every once in a while, since the long, dramatic name just makes him seem SO much more important, y'know?

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: August 10, 2011, 09:22:41 PM »
I was thinking, what should we name the DLC Iori from the upcoming console version? I've heard people referring to him with all sorts of names such as "98' Iori" "Classic Iori' "Flame Iori" "EX Iori" etc.

I think we should agree on a single name so we all know who we are talking about, I personally like EX Iori.

What do you guys think?

To me, I will say "NESTS Iori," since his QCFx2 + P move is in EX Iori's moveset, and he is much closer to his NESTS Saga counterpart than his Orochi Saga counterpart.

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: August 10, 2011, 09:27:49 PM »
EX Iori is clean, clear, simple, and in line with how the alternate versions were named in 98UM/2002UM, so it's got my vote.

...although I will kind of miss calling him "flaming Iori" *laughs*
Old man/bad player

GoldenGlove

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: August 10, 2011, 09:29:52 PM »
I'll probably just call him Flame Iori. Generally though, I don't think standardized nomenclature is super important. I mean, everyone knows what you're talking about whether you say dp or shoryuken or uppercut.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: August 10, 2011, 09:37:47 PM »

What do you guys think?

To me, I will say "NESTS Iori," since his QCFx2 + P move is in EX Iori's moveset, and he is much closer to his NESTS Saga counterpart than his Orochi Saga counterpart.

Did you just say you will call EX Iori; NESTS Iori? o_O

"Iori02", "NESTS Iori" and "Iori with the power of flames"(wtf) will also be taken in consideration. I am really looking forward to hearing "Iori with the power of flames" on a live stream commentary lol.

Commentator1: "it looks like THE ANSWER just switch to Iori with the power of flames"
Commentator2: "Yes, Iori with the power of flames is a new character so I'm wondering how he'll do this time around"
Commentaror1: "right, we haven't seen too much Iori with the power of flames throughout the tournament so this should be interesting"

lol... or something like that.

Anyway so far the most popular and that makes sense is EX Iori, lets take a few more opinions.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 09:58:03 PM by THE ANSWER »
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

JTSNOW6

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: August 10, 2011, 09:51:06 PM »

What do you guys think?

You SAY that you'll say "NESTS Iori", but really you called him "EX Iori" lol!!

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: August 10, 2011, 09:59:52 PM »
couple names worthy for dlc iori, well dlc iori should be one of them, old iori, original iori, flame iori.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: August 10, 2011, 10:34:15 PM »

What do you guys think?

I picked "NESTS Iori" because his moveset is like to that of his NESTS Saga counterpart, take the Ura 316-Shiki Saika extension from his Maiden Masher as an example, it wasn't introduced in the Orochi Saga, neither was his Ura 1207-Shiki Yamisogi.

That was why I came up with the name "NESTS Iori."

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: August 10, 2011, 10:47:09 PM »

What do you guys think?
can we just call him "the good Iori"

bzerk

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: August 10, 2011, 11:13:12 PM »
Can we just call him Iori, and then call the current one pro-nails iori?

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: August 10, 2011, 11:15:00 PM »
I'm personally going with Fiori.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #732 on: August 10, 2011, 11:43:29 PM »
EX Iori.

That's what every other character with an extra version is called, why change it now?

EX Iori.

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: August 10, 2011, 11:49:46 PM »
I'm personally going with Fiori.

Damn it! I was going to suggest that one. EX Iori just isn't specific enough. People who don't know about him yet (which I'm sure there's got to be someone) will almost certainly ask: "There's an EX Iori? Does he have flames?" But if we call him Fiori there are only 2 conclusions that they will come to. Either Fiori means Iori with flames, or Iori and Fio from metal slug combined to create a horrible hermaphroditic monster!

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: August 10, 2011, 11:49:55 PM »

What do you guys think?

I picked "NESTS Iori" because his moveset is like to that of his NESTS Saga counterpart, take the Ura 316-Shiki Saika extension from his Maiden Masher as an example, it wasn't introduced in the Orochi Saga, neither was his Ura 1207-Shiki Yamisogi.

That was why I came up with the name "NESTS Iori."

right...

What do you guys think?
can we just call him "the good Iori"

LMAO!!!!

EX Iori.

That's what every other character with an extra version is called, why change it now?

EX Iori.

Completely agree...
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof