Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread:Console Edition (UPDATE 8/26 1st page)  (Read 370058 times)

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread: Console Edition
« Reply #750 on: August 11, 2011, 04:56:37 AM »
Serious Iori! Quiet Riot Iori? Tiny Uprising Iori of the Purple Flames of the Sands from the Hidden Flames Village?

That works.
I put up "Classic Iori" on the wiki's XIII navigation box though.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: August 11, 2011, 04:59:33 AM »
Toxico from MMCafe translated Saiki Post:

Yesterday I "studied" the possible interpretations for Saiki's move list kanji translation..... And any of that failed to get mentioned here.

Blog update

Konnichiwa.
As previously stated, here is the home exclusive character Saiki ・ Pretransformation, let's listen to mister Yama P ( 山P )-

First seen in the arcade demo movies, now is finally a usable [player character], in this case as well special criteria needs to be met before controlling him.

Right off the bat, you can notice several similarities with Ash moves and animations, where are the differences?

Yamamoto P : The animation for the jumping D is "not the drop motion" that Ash has, the distance and angle for his D are different in comparison.
Furthermore the command for the movelist are executed different.
Also there is this technique from Ash, Floreal, that for Saiki is performed while in midair and can be cancelled from a C (I didn't put that much attention to this paragraph since I'm one of those "try it by yourself" types, so maybe something escaped me?)

So Like Billy, Saiki needs to be unlocked after clearing some conditions. How fast to control! (早く使いたいですね ? How Do you make sense of this in this context? "fast to unlock or something"?).
Saiki ・ Pretransformation seems to be a pretty good characters from the previous description. Is Saiki a good character for beginners to pick up?

Yamamoto P : His fireball and his invincible anti air will be used easily by beginners as they are skills that everyone is used to.
The impression is one of "Moves like Ash without charge time"

So its like that, any other note whorty point?

Yamamoto P : The Voice for Saiki is as the Same of Ash; played by Nagashiro Sounosuke san.
Ash "make a fool out of people" tone is not similar; but instead Saiki uses a more of "look downs in everyone" tone for speaking.
The concept of "despicable guy" was where we wanted to make the major difference in their manner of speech. (T: I remember translating the Arcade Boss Blog Entry (say that 3 times fines) and the concept of 「嫌な奴」 also popped up).

After hearing all of this we have that we are even more exited.
While there are things that might or might not have been transmitted with the comment, we also offer you some short movies, why don't you check them out?

Combo 1
Combo 2
NeoMax

We have that in he NeoMax the screen is darkening away.
The sequence itself even covered the character portrait and the life bar of the fighter.
It's like it's crying (T: Ha?)
It just scary with only the glowing eyes left.

This round ends here.
Please look forward to the next time.

Half quicked and half assed translation. To me the main point of this one is that they didn't announced the contents of the next update, even though they usually do that; does that mean that the next blog will have new info? Even with miscellaneous info they told you what's going to be next.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: August 11, 2011, 07:39:14 AM »
anybody else notice the little sound effect when you activate neomax's or is it just me

Chipymax

• Rising Dragon
  • Life is only one, so live it!!! Bronx, New York
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: August 11, 2011, 07:55:28 AM »
Toxico from MMCafe translated Saiki Post:.......

Thank you Toxico from MMCafe for the translation, and thanks DarkaoZ for the Post.

I hope this is the beginning for a new wave of news from the SNKP, the game is only two and a half months from release.
Xbox live: Chipymax

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #754 on: August 11, 2011, 09:09:16 AM »
Great to see a translation so far, thanks to the Madmen at the Cafe!

anybody else notice the little sound effect when you activate neomax's or is it just me

Yup, noticed. Also noticed the additional effects (Theres a weird color-wash over the screen), and how Betty completly freezes from the point of transformation (which seems to indicate that this will work well as a full-screen punish, as it pauses the person in whatever frame they're in.)

I really like the detail of the glowing eyes being the only thing that shows in the darkness, and having Saiki slyly revert during the fall of the darkness.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: August 11, 2011, 09:41:17 AM »
how Betty completly freezes from the point of transformation (which seems to indicate that this will work well as a full-screen punish, as it pauses the person in whatever frame they're in.)

Well that makes sense, since he can control time and turn time into Ashes or whatever cool nonsense he says in his dialogs.

LangyLangy

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: August 11, 2011, 11:08:02 AM »
First post here in this thread so be gentle ~ haha.

It seems a lot of info is coming out recently, which is great. I feel for the Yamazaki fans cos i'm one too and I really hope he makes it into the game but I dunno, I think it's doubtful really now. If Billy is an unlockable character, it makes more sense that he wouldn't have a team to go with him.

Here's hoping though! *crosses fingers* SHAAA!!

Also, don't beat on me, but am I the only one who prefers Iori without the flames? The 'slash/swipe' flameless version seems a little more unique to me, incredibly. I know i've probably upset a lot of fans saying that but I thought it was a cool version of him, personally. Sorry.. lol

Anyhoo, i'm totally hyped =)

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: August 11, 2011, 01:00:41 PM »
Nah, you aren't upsetting anybody. New Iori >>> Old Iori
lol j/k
Both are awesome in my book, but New Iori is a breeze of fresh Air in a good way.

Anyways... Japan got it right:

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/blog/archives/2011/08/_820.html

I want my KOFXIII Case to look like that!

ELTRO

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: August 11, 2011, 05:18:23 PM »
Hopefully (not that it matters) the cover will be inverted with an alternate art cover.
Main team: K, Kyo, Iori(claw)
Secondary team: Ash, Robert, Shen
Third team: Ryo, EX Kyo, EX Iori (my 98 team)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: August 11, 2011, 06:44:36 PM »
Second blog update translation from the Professor of mmcafe.

Second update on the official blog.
SNKP is finally going to open demo shows in Japan starting Tokyo on August 20, followed by 4 other cities. Additional locations will be added, and visitors will get a KOFXIII paper folder.

This might actually turn out to be the first time the PS3 version gets unveiled. SNKP seems to be preparing two versions of their paper folder for the two consoles. Either that, or it's the front and back (which is unlikely from reading the description).

Locations:
8/20 - Tokyo, Sofmap Akiba Amusement-kan
8/27 - Osaka, Sofmap Nanba Zaurus1 Soft-kan
8/28 - Aichi, Sofmap Nagoya Station Naka branch
9/03 - Hiroshima, Futaba Shoten Giga Hiroshima Station branch
9/04 - Fukuoka, Futaba Shoten Giga Tenjin

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #760 on: August 11, 2011, 08:06:55 PM »
The paper folders do look great. Give us one of those with our pre-order too, Atlus! ;)

That's a good amount of demo stations; No. 17, hope you enjoy yourself! :) Make sure to check everyone to additional bonus costume parts! ;)

We won't really be that far off from release at that point; if they've got an updated build in use then, it could very well just end up being the final build! Sept 4th ain't that far away from Oct 27th, especially when they've gotta print and ship the disk in time for it to arrive to retailers.

Hopefully, we'll casually see Adel and (someone frome Heidern perspective) just randomly hanging out on the screen, ready to be played then, haha. Or maybe "Iori with the Power of Flames". If arcade release is anything to go by, the blog post around the demo release times should be fairly interesting!

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: August 11, 2011, 08:10:40 PM »
and here i was thinking all the ps3 covers looked shitty as hell. why the fuck does the jpn version havce to look good and all other ps3 versions look like shit.

my lil bro is going to japan for 5 months in august 20 iirc, can i get him to buy the ps3 version with all the dlc from the preorder version without preordering? some stores in japan should have it, right. if so i wanna make him send over the jpn version just for the cover art (if it has english setting), unless the EU or US version has some sort of special shit going for it, like a neo cd pad or no dlc characters, all on disc. id pay 10 bucks more for an option like that, fuck buying psn points.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #762 on: August 11, 2011, 08:26:17 PM »
The actual game covers don't seem to be changing in Japan, so far; Those are just promotional paper sleeves.

Last we've seen, Japan appears to be using the "Other regions" PS3 cover for both their 360 and PS3 releases. Those 2 pieces of artwork in the picture appear to be just promotional artwork for them.

The Gentleman

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: August 11, 2011, 08:43:17 PM »
Quote from:  Toxico's MMCafe translation
So Like Billy, Saiki needs to be unlocked after clearing some conditions.

So.... could this mean that the DLC characters are DLC for those who aren't willing or able to unlock them through the original way?

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: August 11, 2011, 09:00:39 PM »
as much as i love 13 and kof, this is a bitch made move. in the year + they have had for the console version what do we get in character content? 2 characters of which one is a headswap (and uses almost ALL the same animations) and dlc characters that cost money. call it what you want, its a bitch made move however yoy look at it. in that extra year yeay they could have AT LEAST given us a complete new team or even 2 new teams. snkp are finally giving all the ext6ras that should have been in xii to xiii, but with true extra content meaning characters we are not getting even 1 whole= team? extra bg's and all that are nice, but the only thing that truly matters for a fighter are the characters, and were only getting 2 and having to buy2 or 3 others. shit just sucks ass, i hope we at least get yamazaki as a bonus. yeah im still buying the game cause i play kof, i just feel were not getting enopugh true content, considering all the extra time theyve had.

pros: its kof, rebalanced, all the extra content that should have been in xii (like how it was in xi console, this includes bg's and trials and such), possible good netcode and a few extra characters.

cons: not enough extra character (at least not from weve seen so far), characters costing money to buy, thus forcing people to buy psn cards instead of just including them in the game.

the pros far outweigh the cons, but im still bitter bout that dlc bs. its that gay crapcum way that seems to work. shit like this almost makes me pissed enough id hope this game would fail for that business tactic, but that would mean the end of kof and snkp, probably. that still doesnt agree with their policy though (kof xi had how many extra characters? and all free damn it. there fuckers).
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!