Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread:Console Edition (UPDATE 8/26 1st page)  (Read 370042 times)

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread: Console Edition
« Reply #765 on: August 11, 2011, 09:08:45 PM »
I'm more than content with what we are getting. The arcade version is amazing and a rebalance is all I really wanted for the game (and the netcode), the extra characters are icing on the cake.

If the two green blobs are in fact actual new characters to the game (like Billy) then we get three new characters so I don't see a problem.

Gotta remember that this is still KOFXIII, not XIV, so too much new content wouldn't make sense. Gotta save stuff for sequels.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: August 11, 2011, 09:20:59 PM »
the pros far outweigh the cons, but im still bitter bout that dlc bs. its that gay crapcum way that seems to work. shit like this almost makes me pissed enough id hope this game would fail for that business tactic, but that would mean the end of kof and snkp, probably. that still doesnt agree with their policy though (kof xi had how many extra characters? and all free damn it. there fuckers).

I thought that we are getting 5 characters in the game, which might be unlockables and then we are getting more characters as DLC in the future. One been day one, which is Flame/Classic/Orochi/02/With the Powers of the Flames/skirt/whatsnot Iori.

I think that is fine.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #767 on: August 11, 2011, 09:27:03 PM »
The Gentleman: Most likely not, they wouldn't announce them as "DLC" if they were unlockable in game.

Random unlock idea: Wouldn't it be funny if "unlocks" gave you DLC vouchers for future content? "Beat Adel's perspective! Adelheid Unlocked!.... Come back December 25th to download!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!"

Musoulini: You keep mentioning they had a year... but you forget to also state the fact that they mentioned stages take just as long for them to make, as characters. Probably takes them even longer to make an in-depth character that has a nice list of moves.

Seems they prioritized stages over characters this time (a suprising choice to me, too!), but after speaking at length about how many bad business decisions SNKP made for XII (Calling it a numbered KoF, Spending too much time HERE or THERE, not making content for a home release, etc)... seeing that in XIII, they added the "fluff" concent first, and then plan to sell content that has actual value later, that's also the best for them to take their time on (We can deal with a few less NPCs in a stage... but would you want to deal with a few less moves for your Characters?), it seems like they're actually making a SMART BUSINESS DECISION this time!

KoF XI's extra characters, while much fun to play... were not all really that well made, however (A lot of shortcuts were made to animate them, though they did a good job with. And most of them were sprite-ports from an already-released games.

Considering most of us here were prepared to shell out $60 for a straight arcade port, and now we're getting a console version that has a boatload of extras, I can say I don't feel cheated, in the slightest.

However, if the DLC characters end up releasing, and they're Mature XII-status.... yeah, it'll be time to raise an uproar! (Riot of the Cheapskate Crappy developers WTH, why did I have to wait for this junk Iori... EX!)

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: August 11, 2011, 10:14:26 PM »
Well XIII is already doing that, Classic Iori is most likely already in the game and to unlock him you need a DLC Code. MvC3 DLC was also pre-order bonus, but for the Special Edition only. I know that because I got the SE of MvC3 and I just used the code ones the DLC characters got uploaded. Obviously the ones who didn't buy the SE had to pay for each character individually.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 11:09:40 PM by Kane317 »

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: August 11, 2011, 10:15:48 PM »
For me it's quite simple !
Console version means :
Pro :
- Online (So more players)
Cons :
- No longer any arcade player in France, a rebalancing which can affect the few information i was able to gather on the game, and no will to seriously stick the arcade version until the console one is release because i'm feeling like i'm waisting time to learn combos which can disappear same thing goes for setups and match-ups.
(I'm still playing the game though but no more trainings)
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: August 11, 2011, 10:29:49 PM »
as much as i love 13 and kof, this is a bitch made move. in the year + they have had for the console version what do we get in character content? 2 characters of which one is a headswap (and uses almost ALL the same animations) and dlc characters that cost money. call it what you want, its a bitch made move however yoy look at it. in that extra year yeay they could have AT LEAST given us a complete new team or even 2 new teams. snkp are finally giving all the ext6ras that should have been in xii to xiii, but with true extra content meaning characters we are not getting even 1 whole= team? extra bg's and all that are nice, but the only thing that truly matters for a fighter are the characters, and were only getting 2 and having to buy2 or 3 others. shit just sucks ass, i hope we at least get yamazaki as a bonus. yeah im still buying the game cause i play kof, i just feel were not getting enopugh true content, considering all the extra time theyve had.

pros: its kof, rebalanced, all the extra content that should have been in xii (like how it was in xi console, this includes bg's and trials and such), possible good netcode and a few extra characters.

cons: not enough extra character (at least not from weve seen so far), characters costing money to buy, thus forcing people to buy psn cards instead of just including them in the game.

the pros far outweigh the cons, but im still bitter bout that dlc bs. its that gay crapcum way that seems to work. shit like this almost makes me pissed enough id hope this game would fail for that business tactic, but that would mean the end of kof and snkp, probably. that still doesnt agree with their policy though (kof xi had how many extra characters? and all free damn it. there fuckers).
Okay for starters regarding characters there were already 30+ characters and when you add in more characters as well as balance changes it can get difficult to properly balance the game since they don't know how exactly the changes will play out  in relation to the new characters and still for all we know now there still could be more characters revealed in the coming weeks that aren't DLC.
When it comes to the stages and other new content it all looks good and does add value to the game so why complain about added content,especially when you consider most fighting games have very minimal updates when it comes to fleshing out the game as a whole.
Also in regards to the blatant Capcom bashing you need to remember before AE DLC and MVC3 Arc systems charged extra for DLC characters in Blazblue yet no one ever mentions that anymore it's just big evil Capcom trying to be greedy.
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: August 11, 2011, 10:49:38 PM »
I am disappointed that snkp is charging for classic/EX Iori, especially when it was in kof 12 disc data (dick move), on the other hand the console release will have 36 characters(hoping for the other 3 characters get announces when we have quite a bit of time before release/ if they're not dlc), plus 2 additional dlc characters along side Iori, who is available at day one, but I'm glad snkp is taking the steps to ensure some profits and increasing the longevity of the game
can't be mad at that
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 10:51:55 PM by Ashspiralingblood »

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: August 11, 2011, 11:03:52 PM »
I do hope they give us Mary and Yamazaki, that's all i'm hoping for on release though. Anything beyond that would be sweet, but then again, the more they give us the more we will want. Seeing how big a library of characters they have they just won't be able to please everyone with acceptable effort and results.

I don't really mind one or two "dick move" dlc characters, they deserve some extra dough for their effort in my book. But i hope they either use dlc to expand upon the roster with a team or two over time that they give real effort to or starts atleast some minor work at XIV early so they can present us our next dream game in maybe two years or so.

Oh, i actually like strikers. I don't know what the general opinion of them is, but it is the only gameplay feature i can think of atm that i'd like to see added, though it should probably be an optional gameplay mode in order to keep the game as is, incase strikers turn out to be op.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: August 11, 2011, 11:06:32 PM »
arcsys is dumb, i havent bought any of their products. not being into airdashers is one reason, but i actually do plan on getting into BB or at least trying to do so. i never actually bought their product cause i didnt see it worthy of my bucks (i would rather play gg on my ps2), now with more and more characters released for it, and rebalancing, i might just get the newest one or the one after that. you know why? cause it might just be worth of my money. im no cheap skate, but i only give money to gaming companies that deserve that money for the game they crerated, BB so far hanot done that, for me. the newest one though, i might just get it, or like i said the one after that one.

im not shitting on people that did buy it, but for me personally i wouldnt pay money for a game that features such a minimal amount of characters, most of which i personally all dislike (design wise), and knowing theres still lots of more characters that will get released in the future. i dont need counterarguments like if everybody did that the game wouldnt get released, i know. and you know what, it actually mightn have gotten released anyway but a year later but with double the amount of characters if they knew the fanbase demanded such things (the reason snkp would not make a kof with 12 characters is obvious for reasons like this).

i personally still havent bought any sf4 game, i borrowed sf4 before and super now from my lil cuz. i might buy the final edition that comes out after ae, but ill probably skipp on that one too (shit series for me personally). i will buy ts though, even though i think they fucked up the whole game by not rebalncing it, and with their cheap ass arguments like how it would cost too much (bs). rebalancing ts would have been soo easy without actual hard labour or big money if they had just a little bit mind for it. i love how easily they keep bs the people and people actually buying into it like sheep. capcom has the best fanboys, they eat anything.

back on 13, like i said im buying it cause i love kof and love 13. i just dont think its fair they way they are fucking over customers and devoted fans (like me) who have been buying their products since 91. like answer said, if they are on disc (they should have been, they had a whole year) then give them for free or just add 5 or 10 bucks on disc price. now if we actually got 2 new teams all complete, and they later on added a team or certain characters that werent on disc id actually understand it. also on the bg's, they dont take much time to create. why do you guys think all the console new stages have almost no animation in them, cause they werent as labour intensive to make as 12 and old 13 stages.

in the end im actually quite content on the package were getting, its almost complete (this is basically the bare minumum any fighter that wants to compete on next gen consoles needs to have to even be waranted a release on any system thats not a live or psn game). only thing i feel they fucked up is console characters. /rant.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: August 11, 2011, 11:16:50 PM »
@4leaf: I know for a fact that Capcom wasn't happy about people exploring the game data for MvC3 but the guys that did it where not breaking any law as they had purchased the game and had all the right to look at the data of the game they legally just purchased and that's why they were able to upload the videos to youtube WEEKS before the characters where released on PSN or Xboxlive.

However it did pissed off a lot of people and a lot of them sent complaint emails to Capcom because that was really a dirty trick, I didn't even buy the game but I still sent an email cause that shit really upsets me.

I don't mind paying for DLC content just as long as it's legit DLC content, now whether it's on the disc on not I will end up buying it any way cause I love the fucking game. As a matter of fact I will buy each DLC character twice, as I will be buying all of them for Xbox and PS3, I just won't do it with a smile on my face :p
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 11:21:50 PM by THE ANSWER »
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: August 11, 2011, 11:21:54 PM »
@MUSOLINI:
No offense, but with that mentality of "waiting for the final version" is kinda weird. I mean, you will never end up buying any fighter because any "update" or "sequel" will never count as a final version. Heck, even years after the game has been released they might just release a "newer version" of the game, for example: the KOFUM series or SF3rdOE

I dunno, I like to play and feel the changes during the game life, so I don't mind buying the sequels or updates, because the games feel completely different most of the time.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #776 on: August 11, 2011, 11:52:07 PM »
DarKaoZ: But remember, Jill and Shuma were not 100% on disk, as the info-miners discovered. Effects, voice samples, hit box data... not all of it was complete. It's suspected that the Shadow Battle info-update had the rest of their data packaged along with it, thereby giving everyone the data for the characters, before the DLC unlock key was released.

So a large amount was there, but not everything.

I could imagine this happening for Iori too, really.

BTW, does anyone know how large the data imprint is for each character in these new KoFs? The install for XIII was suprisingly small (Like 700 megs?), so it stands to reason that character data could be only a few megs. It wouldn't be impossible for SNKP to add much data for their characters through title updates on the systems. It'd be a decent way for the character data to be on all online players systems, yet still be able to sell access to the character (though it'd all end up looking like unlock keys, which might be negative.)

Sharnt: So for you, it boils down to "It's worth it, because I'll have people to play with now!" :) I'm about the same "It's fine, I just wanna play KoF XIII whenever I want to! Aganist PEOPLE!"

Musolini: Yeah, there's an obvious change in depth of these new stages VS the old ones, but there's also a lot of them.  They also have to start some work on the DLC, to get it out in a timely matter, so that they don't start releasing work MONTHS after a majority of the players have moved on. Business wise, they're being pretty smart right now.

I've safely moved on from expecting current-gen, higher detail products to live up to the amount of content we got on releases on older systems, that reused graphics, sprites, and even techniques that were perfected since back in the 90s (kinda even 80s, in some ways!).  What I expect is "less in quantity, more quality!". SNKP seems to be doing that right now, in a way, better than almost any other out there, for my desires.

Valid concerns, but I think they're trying to address them, at least!

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: August 12, 2011, 12:01:03 AM »
As a matter of fact I will buy each DLC character twice, as I will be buying all of them for Xbox and PS3.

I'll do it with a big smile. Actually, I'll pass the retries dlc for ps3 to the consoles used at the next evo.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 12:13:58 AM by AmedoS310 »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: August 12, 2011, 12:03:33 AM »
Personally, I have no problems with what Capcom did with MvC3. 

Correct me if I'm wrong:  The company creates a game, releases X amounts of characters but locks two that are available only for DLC.  Some people got the DLC if they bought the special edition unlocked immediately, but the rest had to pay for the DLC weeks later.

So really the issue is, that people feel that you're paying for something that's already on the disc correct (if I'm wrong about this then it throws out my entire argument haha)? 

My thinking is, what does it matter that they "stored" the two DLCs on the disc?  Why if they had stored it on a server and you had to download it, would that change anything?  All this did was speed up the "downloading" of the DLC. 

A company has every right to say what your $59.99 (or whatever the price was) is exactly for, and in MvC3's case it was everyone but Shuma and Jill.  Am I honestly missing something?

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: August 12, 2011, 12:07:33 AM »
Personally, I have no problems with what Capcom did with MvC3. 

Correct me if I'm wrong:  The company creates a game, releases X amounts of characters but locks two that are available only for DLC.  Some people got the DLC if they bought the special edition unlocked immediately, but the rest had to pay for the DLC weeks later.

Jill and Shuma were availible on March 16th for people who had the special edition.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 12:09:27 AM by AmedoS310 »