Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread:Console Edition (UPDATE 8/26 1st page)  (Read 370020 times)

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread: Console Edition
« Reply #975 on: August 17, 2011, 07:17:23 PM »
The arcade update is just a consequence of SNK appreciation of the will from player to see a update arcade version.
If players, kof community shows his will to have a arcade update they will do a update.

I must explain a bit further i think, the thing is european community is the biggest Pstore market of the world, so we can put our nuts on the table and create our condition. Because if they see there is a market for this they will release it.

The real thing starts tomorrow on kof 13, they were still installing the whole stuff today.

Erratum : european community is the biggest DLC market on the PStore
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 09:25:32 PM by Sharnt »
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: August 17, 2011, 08:24:34 PM »
SNKP has no presence there, I think it's just Rising Stars Games that is at Gamescon.

Well, if Rising Star is actually there with XIII properly, that's pretty sweet too. I guess I should say "Is KoF XIII there in full force?", or something to that effect.

Also, if the VITA version is real (which it doesn't seem like, yet, so far), I wonder if the overseas publishers would stay the same?

If KOFXIII does good in all territories, I don't see why the publishers won't stay the same.

Sucks that Frionel stream is all in French, but it's understandable. I will wait for someone to do a write up if he says something else.
In some cases if a game is published by a small publisher and ends doing well then when the next game in the series comes out a larger publisher might be willing to step up and publish the game ie: Atlus published Demon Souls in north america and it did far better then people expected now it's sequel Dark Souls is being published by Namco Bandai.
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: August 17, 2011, 08:29:48 PM »
The real thing starts tomorrow on kof 13, they were still installing the whole stuff today.

I thought it was going to start today, since that is what RisingStarsGame site said. Anyways, have they said if the build in Gamescon is newer than EVO/SVB?

In some cases if a game is published by a small publisher and ends doing well then when the next game in the series comes out a larger publisher might be willing to step up and publish the game ie: Atlus published Demon Souls in north america and it did far better then people expected now it's sequel Dark Souls is being published by Namco Bandai.

We are talking about SNKP here, Demons Souls was a different case, the game was Developed by From Software but payed by Sony Japan. Atlus just published the game outside of Japan because for some reason Sony thought it might not work for other places. Namco Bandai was smart to get From Software to make a sequel for them, but of course it had to go by another name and have several changes, since Sony owns the IP of Demons Souls. So I doubt KOFXIII will go through something similar.

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: August 17, 2011, 09:14:01 PM »
We are talking about SNKP here, Demons Souls was a different case, the game was Developed by From Software but payed by Sony Japan. Atlus just published the game outside of Japan because for some reason Sony thought it might not work for other places. Namco Bandai was smart to get From Software to make a sequel for them, but of course it had to go by another name and have several changes, since Sony owns the IP of Demons Souls. So I doubt KOFXIII will go through something similar.

That is true but my point is that Namco Bandai took interest in what was a niche game that ended up overperforming and that if Xiii performs well enough SNKP a company that desperatly needs more cash flow in it's game development would be inclined to work with a larger publisher if possible.

Fixed your quote -Kane317
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 10:18:49 PM by Kane317 »
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: August 17, 2011, 09:44:23 PM »
Don't see that happening, Namco/Capcom/SNK/Arcsys etc. are rivals, not buddies.

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: August 17, 2011, 09:49:05 PM »
Don't see that happening, Namco/Capcom/SNK/Arcsys etc. are rivals, not buddies.
I was using Namco as an example and either way I don't really remember any real beef between Namco and SNKP.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: August 17, 2011, 09:58:22 PM »
Cool.

When it comes to fighting games I mean, these companies compete against each other.

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: August 17, 2011, 10:05:56 PM »
Cool.

When it comes to fighting games I mean, these companies compete against each other.
Thats true but I also wouldn't be surprised if Namco tried to get a foothold in the 2d community

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: August 17, 2011, 10:09:13 PM »
The only way I'll buy a VITA is if has a USB port to hook up my TE stick.

Just imagined you taking a Vita and a TE stick onto a bus and asking someone to hold the Vita up for you while you play.

Crap, that's what they need to make!  A TE stick with a USB dock for your iphone or PSP to play XIII on!  So all you need to do is look downwards when you play!

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: August 17, 2011, 11:10:29 PM »
2nd attempt at posting this since I got it wrong the first time:

So I'm surprised no one has mention this but there was an update on the official website and the story mode added "Team Women Fighters" and there's a huge Bonne Jenet reference along with a 2nd woment fighter team joining the tournament.

http://www.atlus.com/kofxiii/

Does the console version have a new storyline as well? It would be nice seeing King in a dress Alt Costume.

Rant...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 11:13:10 PM by THE ANSWER »
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: August 17, 2011, 11:16:37 PM »
2nd attempt at posting this since I got it wrong the first time:

So I'm surprised no one has mention this but there was an update on the official website and the story mode added "Team Women Fighters" and there's a huge Bonne Jenet reference along with a 2nd woment fighter team joining the tournament.

http://www.atlus.com/kofxiii/

Does the console version have a new storyline as well? It would be nice seeing King in a dress Alt Costume.

Rant...

That story has always been there, since the release of arcade version

Waifu Material

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #986 on: August 17, 2011, 11:20:12 PM »
Also, as others note, in the Women's team arcade ending, Jennet even talk about how she was going to join, but didn't this year. Soooo....

Pretty much all those girls show up in the ladies team ending too. This doesn't mean they COULDN'T appear, but... it's really not much of a clue, just a possibility.

I'd be one of the first to place Xiangfei on my team, if she made it to XIII!

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: August 17, 2011, 11:31:35 PM »
All those characters will be welcomed on the game for me

I still love how even though she never has been oficially introduced, hotaru still appears on that ending (yeah, I had seen the mark of the wolves team ending in XI)

Waifu Material

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: August 17, 2011, 11:41:02 PM »
Bonne Jenet reference

I always wanted to know what her "B." stood for.  

Silly SNKP, always putting us on a wild goose chase to find out the DLCs. =)

I'd be one of the first to place Xiangfei on my team, if she made it to XIII!

She'd come straight up to Chin and ask for her DM back =)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 01:30:27 AM by Kane317 »

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: August 18, 2011, 12:25:25 AM »
Maybe this is the story they really wanted to use and were not able to use do to characters missing in the Arcade version. :) Now that they can add B. Jenet they can change the story, or this can be in like a parallel universe.

Damn I just want B. Jenet in the game T_T
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof