Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread:Console Edition (UPDATE 8/26 1st page)  (Read 373001 times)

Shin

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread: Console Edition
« Reply #1050 on: August 18, 2011, 09:58:36 PM »
Yamazaki/Mary/Vanessa.... *laughs*

I like your thinking :)

aside from that, you're welcome ^^

for the EX I'd say MotW/XI Terry and 2000/2001 Kyo Kusanagi airlines xD

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: August 18, 2011, 10:03:42 PM »
@Shin: Welcome to DreamCancel and thanks for the info.

Is GamesCon like the Europe E3? seems like all the big companies take it very serious.

P.S. I'm watching the stream.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1052 on: August 18, 2011, 10:28:50 PM »
Quoting Shin's great post for the new page:

Guys, there's a french ELive feed about KOFXIII, live from RisingStar Games booth at GamesCom in Köln, Germany.

register and come by tommorow during the daytime (GMT+1, German time) to ask questions (IN ENGLISH or i'll help you guys and translate for you in french) learn about the game, there wiil be at least 2hours dedicated to the game only.

Frionel will be hosting the feed (he's no a scrub, he's very knowledgeable about fighting games, fighting game history and especially KOF, he's like among the top 3 best KOF player in Europe, I think)

http://www.elive.pro/watch/zI0ZIIRpCUpB
(you cas ask them which characters to pick and what to try, they did that for UMVC3 and SxT also (I was able to squeze in a few questions about the PAL version of DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu :D))
It's rare to be able to so live coverage for a game with players that know the game so well. (scrubs showing a new game is meh, imho)

He's supposed to meet up tommorow with RSG and SNKP to clear out some new exclusive info he can share with us.

so far, today, we learn and saw a lot of stuff :
-RSG screwed up in their trailer by saying "5 new characters that have never been in KOF before" (it's 5more chraracters that the arcade version, ON DISC)
- there will be 3DLC characters (we know only Iori 98' so far) (I heard somewhere else those DLC characters are supposed to be overpowered(at least a bit :p) ALT versions of chraracters already in the game (like Iori))
-ON DISC, 5characters more than the arcade version, so far we know Billy and Saiki.

PAL Gamebox cover is not final but they'll take whatever the jp approach is. (so probably the same "PS3" cover for both version)

Risingstar Games are working on a cool collector's edition, so keep your eyes peeled :D

Frionel mentioned and showed A LOT of the game rebalancing. (I remember Benimaru's A fireball allows to follow up like CRAZY, less meter builing and canceling with Liz' etc)

you can choose Type A or B for the music (B is unused songs in the arcade version and new stuff, there will be DLC there too, a bit like XII I guess)

Characters have a LOT of new voice work

you can watch story scenes and text in a different mode

you can do a L-O-T of very precise tweaks in training mode (don't remember the specifics right now, sorry)

After a match you can quick reselect the same team, and change the order.

Replay mode confirmed

more stuff I prolly forgot... (sorry ^^'')

also a lot of other stuff that were already known. (chalenge modes (combos, and in-game challenges) tutorials etc)

I wonder if this hints towards new items being shown in the JP demo Location test?  that comes up on the 20th? (sorry for the confusion, heh heh.)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 10:46:09 PM by SAB-CA »

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: August 18, 2011, 10:41:02 PM »
So we will get 8 characters in total? 5 been in the disk and 3 as DLC?

Wow, that is more than I expected, I thought the 3 DLC characters were part of the 5 that would be included. Well I'm happy about this, can't wait to hear about the new characters.

Shin

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: August 18, 2011, 10:42:55 PM »
Thanks !
I registred last year when I had the feeling DC would be the place to be for XIII, guess I was right given your new relations with Atlus USA^^ (Frionel, would by himself, be that for Risingstar Games, I guess)

Am I right in thinking that Orochinagi is the brit community for KOF? (I have no idea really)

anyways, yeah Gamescom started just a couple a year ago (3 I think), apparently it's a lot more consumer oriented than E3, and wider content-vise (not just games, I think; Kotaku said it's like the woodstock of videogames for ppl or something).

I think a lot of companies are starting to realised more and more each year that it's their biggest (maybe one and only) venue opportunity in Europe, to, like, show stuff they teased at E3, announce when stuff is coming out in europe published by whom, what editions (content-wise) and at what price etc (not only games but hardware too, this year : vita, ps3 price drop etc)

And also that we are a very strong gaming community in Europe (I've been importing games for a bit more than 15years so I know how Europe was considered by companies in the us or japan game-wise xD) but we are harder to "get" compared to japan or north america since we all live in different countries and speak different languages and have (very) different cultures (and for the most of us we don't speak anything else than our mother tongue nor really care about other countries even if we share borders ... I know it might come to you as a shock but it's the sad truth :\ ) so the vast majority of us gamers need some coverage by the french/german/italian/spanish(etc) press in order to have some gaming exposure ^^

it's also a way for the publisher to have a big venu between E3 and TGS, but yeah, pretty much NO new games are shown or anything, just E3 stuff with more content and localised content.

also capcom is using it as one of their monthly place to tease their yearly rebalanced fighting games :p

I used to live in germany for a few years back (for a few years), and will live 5Km from the border german next year, so if I'm free, I really want to go to Gamescom, since I love Köln too ^^

thanks for watching the stream :D (there's some french chicks there too :D)

SAB-CA>hi again :D
a demo ? do tell more !
or you mean the console location test starting over selected locations in japan? (you got my hopes up for a xbl/psn demo like jp KOFXII did for just a sec :p)

DarKaoZ>yup, I stoked about this too ! :D

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1055 on: August 18, 2011, 10:59:10 PM »
Heh, woops, I wish I meant "Demo", too, lol. The Japanese.... I really don't know what to call them. "Japanese open demonstration event"? :) I would have loved an online capable demo... heck, they should STILL make one, even after the game releases, to advertise the amazing netcode we're expecting!!! :)

XIII is looking so promising, I am finding it quite difficult to get hyped for other games, lol. 3rd Strike OE comes out next week, and even with it's GGPO code and such, I'm still pretty "meh" to it, overall... Guardian Heroes is the only game that KoF XIII can't diminish my hype for!

Shin

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: August 18, 2011, 11:08:54 PM »
haha, I'm so pumped for Guardian Heroes ^^

about 3s, well I can understand if your not that into the game to beging with, as for me I've been playing that game for fun quite regularly ever since the dreamcast version, it's prolly my favorite fighting game and the game I want to play the most on a daily basis with XIII, so I'm really hyped about it ^^ (especially since microsoft removed xbox1 live support last year, so no more 3s(SFAnniversarry Collection) online support on 360)

As for XIII, I played the arcade version for a bit it Paris (there's like 4cabs in Republique/Nation), sadly I live FAR from Paris, so I can't wait to be able to play the 360 version at home with my friends :D
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 11:11:36 PM by Shin »

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: August 18, 2011, 11:11:25 PM »
I already have 3rdOE reserved on PSN, just waiting for it to be accessible to download to see if GGPO really does something or not. I will laugh if GGPO ends up been not as good as people expect it to be.

BTW Shin, thanks for the info!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: August 18, 2011, 11:30:46 PM »
So, I'm still catching up on all the news tidbits. But I wanted to ask if there were any plans to collect all the character changes between arcade XIII and console XIII into a thread? Obviously the console version isn't finished yet, but (speaking as someone who studied the arcade version a lot) it would be really useful to see all the alterations collected.

First page of this very thread:  http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=1144.0

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1059 on: August 18, 2011, 11:32:40 PM »
Shin: For me, I think it's just Capcom fatigue. Most of the fighters I cared about in 3S are already in SSFIVAE, C-Coms style of game balance is really beginning to wear thin for me (long stories that don't belong here!), and the game feels so "all or nothing!", and I'd much rather spend more time with 2002UM, since I have the choice.

I also think I've heard so many "3S looks better than XIII!" comments that I'm probably subconciously bias! While the animation in 3S is absolutely great, the Marriage of Animation + Coloring and stage design in XIII is so far beyond 3S. It makes it so the game isn't AS impressive to me as it used to be, since someone FINALLY decided to step past it in the 2D pixel-made realm.

This all doesn't matter for GH again, however! It and KoF can't compete with it, it'd be like telling your own 2 children to fight or something!  

*we now return you to the topic of this thread, already in progress*

Oh yeah, and Welcome Back, Rex Dart! I wonder if I saw you at Otakon... And yeah, as Kane mentioned, first page is a great catchup place, as well as: http://www.atlus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9363 which also has Cristina and ATB's info.

DarK: If GGPO fails on console.... naaa, don't think it's possible, lol. Final Fight Double Impact should have proven that, heh. I can always give Capcom's USA side their credit: they do a great job at adding features and value to their ports, 3SOE looks top class in that regard.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: August 18, 2011, 11:38:29 PM »
DarK: If GGPO fails on console.... naaa, don't think it's possible, lol. Final Fight Double Impact should have proven that, heh. I can always give Capcom's USA side their credit: they do a great job at adding features and value to their ports, 3SOE looks top class in that regard.

But Final Fight is a side scrolled, it's not as input heavy as 3rdStrike, so GGPO will be tested for real this time. But yeah, 3SOE as a package is awesome, that is why I'm getting it. Same goes for KOFs in NeoGeo Station, the package is great and the netcode of 95 is great too. The only problem with NGStation is that it doesn't have Trophies, but it's not a deal breaker for me.

And I can't wait to know who the other characters are, I bet we will see them in action at Japan Exhibition this 20th, the Professor should have lots of info ones it happens. 

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1061 on: August 18, 2011, 11:48:51 PM »
One thing that I liked abotu FFDI's GGPO implimentation: it handeled drop-in gameplay very well; a feature a fighter never has to deal with (since they force you back to chara select, and can resynch at fight starts and all.) FF (and Magic Sword) both pulled the armies of enemies and destructable items in environments into the world of rollback code on consoles, so it was probably an even better test than one would think.

Anywho, I'm very glad KoF will rival (and in some cases surpass) many of the feature set the new fighters are coming out with. It was obviously a sore spot with XII, especially with stuff like BB, but this game is really coming out the gates with fist swinging. The 3 on-disk characters (Hmmm, and there's 3 story modes, I WONDER...) could really sway the tides in KoF's favor...

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: August 18, 2011, 11:50:21 PM »
I'm at the same time happy and pissed as hell at the upcoming release of Guardian Heroes. I just bought a Sega Saturn this past January and one of the first games I bought for it was Guardian Heroes. I paid almost $100 for it (could have got it cheaper but the copy I got was in perfect condition).

Back on topic. I love KOFXIII console edition. :)

Shin

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: August 18, 2011, 11:56:29 PM »
I also think I've heard so many "3S looks better than XIII!" comments

WTF I don't even... xD
I don't think the game is all or nothing though, it's a really technical game, but the parry system adds a L-O-T in term of mindgame and what you can do, would you can trap and what you can come back from ^^ (but yeah ken and chun-li event at low level play are incredibly broken :( ) (it took me a long time to get used to the wacky characters, weird graphical universe and music so I guess I see what you mean)

MetalThrashingMadman>haha, bad or good timing I guess; I know I own both the pal and the jp version (thank god they're cheaper than the us version too)

About XIII, I'd say it's really like a dream come true, the way it looks is a completely different league (even compared to BlazBlue imho(which I like ok)).

But I gonna say that "graphical" magic touch came with XII, and left as quicly as it came as for the 1st time since 94' I skipped a KOF entirely (I tought to myself WTF is this game after playing for half an hour, where are the moves, at all? why would I play this when I have 02UM and XI seriously lol)

Edit:hey I'm on a KOF Board, so I might as well use my usual display picture ^^
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 12:00:30 AM by Shin »

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: August 19, 2011, 12:03:20 AM »
Am I the only one who finds it funny that the Anti-Kyoguken peeps are in the Kyoguken dojo?