Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread:Console Edition (UPDATE 8/26 1st page)  (Read 370243 times)

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread: Console Edition
« Reply #1140 on: August 19, 2011, 09:27:12 PM »
Sibarraz: It'd be a good idea. Since Classic Iori's stage has only been shown with... Classic Iori, so far, I wouldn't be suprised if it comes along with him.

Prof on MMC said the novelist mentioned something about "Schoolboy Kyo" being a seperate character... which would make sense to be attached to the Esaka stage for the home port. Of course, "seperate character" in this case could also just mean "Dialog changes when playing with this costume."

I hope we get some clarification from SNKP soon. However, I can say, I'm already satisfied with the amount of new stages. They're all quite different, and bring a lot of variation to the look and style of the game.

EDDR: Yeah, that's the story from the arcade game. In the woman's team ending, Jenet makes a comment about not feeling like join that year anyhow... so yeah, it doesn't really mean much (well.. anything, really.)

4leaf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: August 19, 2011, 09:30:53 PM »
Which changes had yuri?
A few svb vids she was in showed that she can dc her running grab.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1142 on: August 19, 2011, 09:45:10 PM »
Yuri:

Weak version of Hyakuretsu Binta is a command grab. (Strong version still a dash grab.)
Weak version can be combo'd into off weak attacks at close range.

Either version can be drive canceled / Super canceled.

So she can land (EX Demon Flip -> Air throw), EX DMs, neomax, and more outta Hyakuretsu Binta now. As long as you're willing to spend those cancels, she's just recieved an unblockable command throw that potentially leads into heaps of damage.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1143 on: August 19, 2011, 10:37:37 PM »
Yuri confirmed for top tier?

At least she can't spam dive kicks like in a certain other game.

AzureTAG

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: August 19, 2011, 10:44:26 PM »
No.....Just because Yuri can DC her command grab doesn't make her top tier....

From the looks of the video/stream thing Kula's Ray Spin > Sit has no juggle anymore? I didn't feel like watch the WHOLE session of k' team. Sure wish we had some Athena/Mature changes....  ;)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 10:57:38 PM by TAG7191 »

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: August 19, 2011, 10:45:04 PM »
So she can land (EX Demon Flip -> Air throw), EX DMs, neomax, and more outta Hyakuretsu Binta now. As long as you're willing to spend those cancels, she's just recieved an unblockable command throw that potentially leads into heaps of damage.
How many heaps are we really talking about here?  Command grab is already 6 hits (0+4x4+120) with around 105 dealt by the grab, so the follow-ups will have at best 70% damage scaling.  I haven't seen any videos of it yet, but just for the sake of argument, I'll assume that canceling out of Yuri's grab lets you get a full juggle in, just like the EX grabs for Shen and Elizabeth...even then, it's worse than what either of them could do, especially since she has worse damage scaling applied and meter stocks seem to generally build faster than drive bar.

It's definitely a buff, and makes Yuri's strong mixups even better now, but she's not going to be like arcade K' or Raiden just because of being able to DC her grab.
Old man/bad player

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1146 on: August 19, 2011, 10:50:08 PM »
Yuri is gonna be gdlk. She was already good, now she'll take the top spot among the Kyokugen users.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1147 on: August 19, 2011, 10:53:10 PM »
Omegaryuji: (Spelled your name wrong the first time, sorry!) Yeah, not saying she'd be broken or anything! Just saying that if she wants to, she can land a lot off of what would just be a plain knockdown previously.

Of course, looks like Shen can drive cancel his command throw, too... I wonder if someone like Clark could see anything out of this, lol. Would be funny of the only characters who REALLY benefit out of "Cancelable Throws" becomes the non throw-centric characters.

Would be great to cancel out of Gorefest with Vice, somehow...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 11:48:43 PM by SAB-CA »

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1148 on: August 19, 2011, 11:05:36 PM »
So all command grabs are drive cancelable now? That's good for Shen... it's a shame his Shen Woo Pawunch is no longer unblockable at full charge, but that more than makes up for it. I use Shen Woo's grab alot.

Shin

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: August 19, 2011, 11:08:34 PM »
http://www.elive.pro/en/watch/Ure4yo0uE9GL

check out for yourselves:

Shen 4:31:00

Yuri 5:45:00

(you can even read the damage data^^)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 11:14:12 PM by Shin »

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: August 19, 2011, 11:15:16 PM »
SAB-CA: It just seems like you're making it sound a lot better than it is.  If the damage values of everything are still the same as what's in the wiki here, doing hcb+B, (SC) qcf~hcb+BD is something like 340 damage for 2 meters and 1 DC.  Console Elizabeth (probably) gets about the same off of her EX grab for only 2 meters (and she can do EX grab for free out of EX dash, now, so it's pretty similar to Yuri's hcb+D only with some limited invincibility), and everyone was saying that her damage nerfs dropped her to low tier.  Really, it looks like they just made it so that she does actual damage now instead of needing to rely so much on mixups.  Just don't see what immediately makes her top tier from that.  High tier for sure (I thought the main thing holding her back in the arcade version was lack of real damage), but not top.
Old man/bad player

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1151 on: August 19, 2011, 11:47:35 PM »
Omegaryuji: I never said it'd make her top, I just said it could lead to a lot of damage (in comparision) off something that lead to no additional damage before.

I'm personally more interested in the variety of things she can do out of it, and the style of it all, than crunching damage numbers and such. Believe they also showed her using it as a juggle starter for Saiha-combos in the corner.

So yeah. My personal excitement is over how versatile a tool it'll be, and how much variation it can add to her gameplay. Especially with this POSSIBLY being a universal change, I'm not one to say it'll make her top tier, or make her K' arcade tier, or any ridiculous knee-jerk reactions of that sort :)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 11:49:59 PM by SAB-CA »

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: August 20, 2011, 12:08:34 AM »
Hmmm... this is interesting. K' EX qcb+K nullifies fireballs on startup. Well at least Kyo Fireball.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1153 on: August 20, 2011, 12:16:02 AM »
Well, EX qcb+k had guard point in the arcade. It's just that no one cared...

"Anywhere juggle?!?! OOO!"

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: August 20, 2011, 12:34:33 AM »
Oh LITTLE miss, every command grab which doesn't do his damage when the opponent fall on the ground can be drive/super cancel for what we know now.
Raiden can't by example.
If vice can drive cancel where is no general rule, and it's just character specific. We will see.

The thing with Yuri is now she is able to deal ton of damage on a 1 frame start up and her combo lead each time at a hard knockdown which allow you to safe jump and do setup gouki@sf4 like.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 12:40:02 AM by Sharnt »
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo