Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread:Console Edition (UPDATE 8/26 1st page)  (Read 370166 times)

Grokbu

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread: Console Edition
« Reply #1185 on: August 20, 2011, 07:50:51 PM »
I think it sounds like zoom is in. But Finaika recently said that it could've been a TV option or something, so he doesn't want to confirm anything.

Mature

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: August 20, 2011, 07:59:13 PM »
When I look at those silhouettes, all I can see are Hinako and May Lee... I really wonder who they actually are.

Chipymax

• Rising Dragon
  • Life is only one, so live it!!! Bronx, New York
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: August 20, 2011, 08:08:22 PM »
Hey guys, im sure you guys are aware of Canada Cup.  Its coming up in November and will be hosting kof 13 as one of the events.  It would be great if some you guys could come out and not only help bring up the numbers, but showcase how well this game can be played :)  on top of that, it would be nice to meet fellow kof players from the USA + international players!

Is that true?

I just went to check the http://www.canada-cup.ca/... I saw nothing about KOF XIII, and They are taking registrations for MK9, that's the game that KOF XIII was supposed take over in the tournament.....So?
Xbox live: Chipymax

Grokbu

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: August 20, 2011, 08:11:53 PM »
When I look at those silhouettes, all I can see are Hinako and May Lee... I really wonder who they actually are.

Hinako would be awesome! :)

Belegorm

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: August 20, 2011, 08:15:38 PM »

When I see those silhouettes, all I can see are Lucky Glauber and Brian Battler... you know it's them!  Really!

OT: I'm really not up on my KOF lore (especially past 97 it gets foggy) but can someone who is tell me why Vice and Mature are in the game?  Weren't they killed in a well-known scene early on?  I know they brought em back for 98 and 02 but those were dream matches...

Also did XII and XIII introduce any brand-new characters or were they all old ones?  The other ones up to that point kept on killing some and adding more (which was obviously much more possible on neogeo hardware).

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: August 20, 2011, 08:16:44 PM »

Think we can be pretty damn sure it's neither of those 2. But I'll take anyone as alternative to the rest of the characters being EX versions of characters already in the game.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: August 20, 2011, 08:20:25 PM »

When I see those silhouettes, all I can see are Lucky Glauber and Brian Battler... you know it's them!  Really!

OT: I'm really not up on my KOF lore (especially past 97 it gets foggy) but can someone who is tell me why Vice and Mature are in the game?  Weren't they killed in a well-known scene early on?  I know they brought em back for 98 and 02 but those were dream matches...

Also did XII and XIII introduce any brand-new characters or were they all old ones?  The other ones up to that point kept on killing some and adding more (which was obviously much more possible on neogeo hardware).
i may or may not be right about this but i think both vice and mature are haunting iori (if im wrong check the snk wiki that might help more than i can) and no XII didn't add new characters and the really only new person in XIII is saiki even though the leader of TFTP has been kinda sorta mentioned in previous games

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1192 on: August 20, 2011, 08:28:12 PM »
Belegorm: Vice and Mature were considered "missing", but they've held true to their "We'll meet again under the full moon..." stance. Even Terry is suprised in his XII win quote to Mature: "NO WAY! You actually survived that?!?" There's a play at them being ghost in XIII's color palettes for each (they're transparent), but at this point, they seem to be extra-special servants of Orochi, whom seem to be the first on-call line of defense / investigation for him, when things go haywire. They also seem to have an odd bond with Iori, neither really being THAT mad about what he did to them.

As for new characters in XII and XIII, not exactly. Hwa and Raiden were new to KoF, but most of what's been considered "New" in these past 2 games, has been the re-freshing of the characters in the game. Characters like Chin, Kensou, Iori, and Ash have almost been re-created for XIII. SNKP is in a spot where they want to bring old favorites back, moreso than introduce new characters, as they already can't even properly serve all the characters that even XI introduced, such as Malin, Momoko, and Oswald.

Belegorm

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: August 20, 2011, 08:37:33 PM »
Belegorm: Vice and Mature were considered "missing", but they've held true to their "We'll meet again under the full moon..." stance. Even Terry is suprised in his XII win quote to Mature: "NO WAY! You actually survived that?!?" There's a play at them being ghost in XIII's color palettes for each (they're transparent), but at this point, they seem to be extra-special servants of Orochi, whom seem to be the first on-call line of defense / investigation for him, when things go haywire. They also seem to have an odd bond with Iori, neither really being THAT mad about what he did to them.

As for new characters in XII and XIII, not exactly. Hwa and Raiden were new to KoF, but most of what's been considered "New" in these past 2 games, has been the re-freshing of the characters in the game. Characters like Chin, Kensou, Iori, and Ash have almost been re-created for XIII. SNKP is in a spot where they want to bring old favorites back, moreso than introduce new characters, as they already can't even properly serve all the characters that even XI introduced, such as Malin, Momoko, and Oswald.

Cool, clears some stuff up.  Kind of would like to see Malin back, disliked the look but her moves were really satisfying to kill with.

BTW for anyone that's played the console version, how's the button config?  3soe and skullgirls got a round of applause for their easy button configs, but even w/out going that far at lot of games (no recent Capcom games for some reason) have had decent ones.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: August 20, 2011, 08:39:55 PM »
So frionel give us a time schedule : Tomorrow at 10h30 (Gmt +2) he will test the last character of the console version so if you can please come and ask any question on the current character, everybody can read english and translate or frionel himself will explain it to you.

Character aren't yet tested are :
Psycho Soldier Team
Ikari Team
Yagami Team
Art of Fighting Team
Billy/Ash/Saiki

The other character have been already tested and they are here :
http://www.elive.pro/en/watch/Ure4yo0uE9GL

The time schedule is on commentary.

Please if anyone can translate this in japan/chinese and send it in the majors kof forums of these country it would be great.
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

Gravelneed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: August 20, 2011, 08:45:19 PM »
I hope SNK announces the characters soon.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 09:06:48 PM by Gravelneed »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: August 20, 2011, 08:47:32 PM »

Lol, I think we all see who we want to see.  I see Oswald  :)

Sonikku

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: August 20, 2011, 08:49:38 PM »

It's obly Eiji at the right, but i dunno, may be rock at the left side.

LOL @ kims foot

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: August 20, 2011, 08:54:28 PM »
Hey guys, im sure you guys are aware of Canada Cup.  Its coming up in November and will be hosting kof 13 as one of the events.  It would be great if some you guys could come out and not only help bring up the numbers, but showcase how well this game can be played :)  on top of that, it would be nice to meet fellow kof players from the USA + international players!

Has it been confirmed? I asked on the SRK thread and they said they were not sure. If you know the tournament organizer can you point him out to post the tournament info here please? I am seriously considering going.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Chipymax

• Rising Dragon
  • Life is only one, so live it!!! Bronx, New York
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: August 20, 2011, 09:11:22 PM »
Hey guys, im sure you guys are aware of Canada Cup.  Its coming up in November and will be hosting kof 13 as one of the events.  It would be great if some you guys could come out and not only help bring up the numbers, but showcase how well this game can be played :)  on top of that, it would be nice to meet fellow kof players from the USA + international players!

Has it been confirmed? I asked on the SRK thread and they said they were not sure. If you know the tournament organizer can you point him out to post the tournament info here please? I am seriously considering going.

I am considering going too, I will be in Canada around the time of the tournament, so if anyone knows please post some info!!!

Peace out!!!

Xbox live: Chipymax